Miami at Louisville | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami at Louisville

Muck said:
Uncalled for.

Mike's right a lot more than than he's wrong. And he actually does put his money where his mouth is. The Gambling Corner proves that every week. And the last Phintank column was on as well.

And you know what?? He's right again here.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muck said:
I don't need to defend Mike, but I will.

Not because he's a staff member, but because you're out of line. Mike's right a lot more than he's wrong.

In this case, he's right. And you're way off. Louisville and WVU can beat anybody in the ACC. Heck, they just mopped the floor with Miami.....without their stud RB and their future NFL star QB. And they very well should have beaten us the last time we played them. VT and GT are the only ACC schools showing they're worth a damn thus far. And VT hasn't played anybody yet.

Louisville has been as good or better than us for the good part of three seasons now. They're going up, we're going down. And it'll stay that way as long as Coker is in charge.

You talk about putting your money where your mouth is, Mike does that every single week. Check the Gambling Corner column. He does very well picking against the spread every week.

Mike has contributed more to this site over the years than you'll ever know.

That's what I'm talking about!! :lol:

By the way........4-0 this week in the college picks. There are guys on TV that make you pay over $100 a phone call and they don't even go 4-0 in a week.

I'm 9-3 on the year in the college ranks. AND YOU GET THEM FOR FREE!!!!!!! And have been for the past 3 years!!!!!!!!

And this next part isn't addressed to anyone in paticular. ........I will debate "rational" people on any argument anyday, anytime, anywhere. Because I feel and always have that reasonable people can disagree in a reasonable way. We are all adults (or should be) . But when you have NOTHING, and just resort to "namecalling".......don't you realize that it makes YOU look like a fool. And now that the co-owner of the site MUCK just undressed some people here, you realize how the rest of the staff views you.

UF Fin Kat said:
unfortunately he packages that with an extreme jackass persona on the forum.

pefect example of what i mean. You can't debate me on the merits of the topic at hand, so like a 3rd grader you just resort to namecalling.

Present you side of a debate, back it up with numbers, facts, or whatever. We may still disagree, but at least we can have a rational and level headed discussion. But SOME here can't even do that and just want to take the cheap easy way out and start calling names.

Hey, whatever. That reflects more about YOU than it does ME. And if you don't believe so, just look at what the co-owner of the site is putting up.

zachequalsgod said:
\
Let's here some predictions.
I'm saying Louisville 14 Miami 10

This game got a lot closer w/ the loss of Bush. Defense wins this one.

Just got home from the game and did some running around as well...

Okay, so I was mostly wrong. Miami never made it to 10 and it wasn't a defensive game. Now since that is out of the way...

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: @ Sore losing Cane fans (not all Cane fans).

Louisville proved tonight that people need to quit overlooking them (yeah you Lee Corso) and give them some respect. I would love to say that the Cards embarrassed the Canes today, but the Canes helped themselves out by stomping on our logo. The Pizza Box was as loud as I've ever heard it today, just amazing. In all seriousness, the Canes played a good first quarter :sidelol:

Louisville can play with ANYBODY in the nation, take that to the bank Card haters.

GO CARDS!
GO FINS!

zachequalsgod said:
Just got home from the game and did some running around as well...

Okay, so I was mostly wrong. Miami never made it to 10 and it wasn't a defensive game. Now since that is out of the way...

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: @ Sore losing Cane fans (not all Cane fans).

Louisville proved tonight that people need to quit overlooking them (yeah you Lee Corso) and give them some respect. I would love to say that the Cards embarrassed the Canes today, but the Canes helped themselves out by stomping on our logo. The Pizza Box was as loud as I've ever heard it today, just amazing. In all seriousness, the Canes played a good first quarter :sidelol:

Louisville can play with ANYBODY in the nation, take that to the bank Card haters.

GO CARDS!
GO FINS!
Louisville deserve it..they are a better team then we are..we was out played, out coached..Coker made no adjustments...no nothing ...props to L-ville and my boy Nate Harris

Muck said:
Mike has contributed more to this site over the years than you'll ever know.

Now Im gonna toot my own horn here for a bit since I haven't done it in about 3 or 4 years. The whole "fansite crave you all see today (not just this one but any Fins fan-site) was been revolutionized by me. Before I came into this little crazy game, there were 2 "real" fansites. They each did their thing. I came along, raised the bar.

IGave you Sandy Williams (Ricky's mom) writing a weekly column. I Gave you Joe Schad (at the time Palm Beach Post, now ESPN reporter) breaking exclusive news on the site. I brought you Brett Tessler a sports agent who exclusively answers YOUR questions FOR FREE 24/7 year round. Pretty much every interview from the Fins beat reporter staff has been brought to you by me. The VIP area on this website........that was me!!!! You wouldn't have a VIP area here currently on this site if not for me.

The whole "WEEBIE AWARDS" the Miami Dolphins hold at their training complex. ME again. When I interviewed with the Fins a year prior to the 1st one, I told them of the iconcept and a way to reach their fans directly. In fact before I made the whole "starting a fan-site" thing cool. You could hold a WEEBIE WEEKEND in AJ's garage all he had to do was invite Curt, myself, and he and muck. Cause that was it!!! And since I gave up my site; have you seen another site (besides this one) do anything else "original" in the least bit??? NO!!!! Hell, one site copied our old layout and graphics and just put their name on it.

Go back to the Sun Sentinel archives of Aug 2003 where Alex Marvez did a piece on ME!!!!

The way you VIEW MiamiDolphins.com today was because of the way I (along with Finheaven) put out a BETTER product than they were consistently for years!!! Why do you think they offered me a job!!! HELLO!!!!!They were losing hits to US!!!! Do you remember MiamiDolphins.com 2 years ago...........it looks like a 3rd grader put it together.

So bash me all you want, but just realize NONE OF YOU would probably be here or enjoy this site as much as you do (or fan-sites) in general if NOT FOR ME!!!!

It' in THE VILLE!!!Go Cards!!! Sorry to all the U fans out there. Beating Louisville @ Papa Johns not as easy as advertised. Can't wait for WVU to come to town. I am in the Drumline at Louisville and these boys are for real. Cantwell is the man!! This Louisville team plays 10 times harder for Hunter Cantwell. Brohm is a punk Hunter is where it's @. Ask any Cardinal fan!!

phin-fan34MDH said:
It' in THE VILLE!!!Go Cards!!! Sorry to all the U fans out there. Beating Louisville @ Papa Johns not as easy as advertised. Can't wait for WVU to come to town. I am in the Drumline at Louisville and these boys are for real. Cantwell is the man!! This Louisville team plays 10 times harder for Hunter Cantwell. Brohm is a punk Hunter is where it's @. Ask any Cardinal fan!!

Bro, Brohm is far from being a punk!

MikeO said:
That's what I'm talking about!! :lol:

By the way........4-0 this week in the college picks. There are guys on TV that make you pay over $100 a phone call and they don't even go 4-0 in a week.

I'm 9-3 on the year in the college ranks. AND YOU GET THEM FOR FREE!!!!!!! And have been for the past 3 years!!!!!!!!

And this next part isn't addressed to anyone in paticular. ........I will debate "rational" people on any argument anyday, anytime, anywhere. Because I feel and always have that reasonable people can disagree in a reasonable way. We are all adults (or should be) . But when you have NOTHING, and just resort to "namecalling".......don't you realize that it makes YOU look like a fool. And now that the co-owner of the site MUCK just undressed some people here, you realize how the rest of the staff views you.

MikeO said:
Now Im gonna toot my own horn here for a bit since I haven't done it in about 3 or 4 years. The whole "fansite crave you all see today (not just this one but any Fins fan-site) was been revolutionized by me. Before I came into this little crazy game, there were 2 "real" fansites. They each did their thing. I came along, raised the bar.

IGave you Sandy Williams (Ricky's mom) writing a weekly column. I Gave you Joe Schad (at the time Palm Beach Post, now ESPN reporter) breaking exclusive news on the site. I brought you Brett Tessler a sports agent who exclusively answers YOUR questions FOR FREE 24/7 year round. Pretty much every interview from the Fins beat reporter staff has been brought to you by me. The VIP area on this website........that was me!!!! You wouldn't have a VIP area here currently on this site if not for me.

The whole "WEEBIE AWARDS" the Miami Dolphins hold at their training complex. ME again. When I interviewed with the Fins a year prior to the 1st one, I told them of the iconcept and a way to reach their fans directly. In fact before I made the whole "starting a fan-site" thing cool. You could hold a WEEBIE WEEKEND in AJ's garage all he had to do was invite Curt, myself, and he and muck. Cause that was it!!! And since I gave up my site; have you seen another site (besides this one) do anything else "original" in the least bit??? NO!!!! Hell, one site copied our old layout and graphics and just put their name on it.

Go back to the Sun Sentinel archives of Aug 2003 where Alex Marvez did a piece on ME!!!!

The way you VIEW MiamiDolphins.com today was because of the way I (along with Finheaven) put out a BETTER product than they were consistently for years!!! Why do you think they offered me a job!!! HELLO!!!!!They were losing hits to US!!!! Do you remember MiamiDolphins.com 2 years ago...........it looks like a 3rd grader put it together.

So bash me all you want, but just realize NONE OF YOU would probably be here or enjoy this site as much as you do (or fan-sites) in general if NOT FOR ME!!!!

Bro, for some reason, in the past, I've never really liked you. I've always kind of thought you've come across as ****y, arrogant, one-eyed, and almost like you were flashing your columnist badge around to warrant your opinions. But I never really knew you, and I guess it was pretty stupid of me to make those immediate judgments based really on my own feelings rather than any sensical, concrete justification.

That was in the past.

But now I've seen what you've done for this site, as well as the fact you're willing to back your stuff up and are willing to accept other peoples opinions, as long as you can justify your half, I've realized you're not an *******, you just have attitude, and attitude is what gets the job done. Attitude is what a lot of the world lacks. Attitude is what the damn world needs more of. And for that, you've earnt my respect wholeheartedly, brother.

Take it for what it's worth, but you've got my respect now man. :rawk:

reading this thread, some people really don't know much about Louisville.

1.Bobby Patrino is IMO a top 5 coach in college (along with Tressell,Carroll,Tupperville, and Rodriquez). People forget, when Saban came to the Fins, LSU offered him a contract that would have made him the highest paid coach in the NCAA.

2.Louisville has had great talent the last couple of years. Remember last time they played the U, Michael Bush was 3rd string RB/QB, and Brohm was a backup to LeFors (who was one of the most accurate QBs in college football). Lional Gates and Eric Shelton were a very dominant tandem well.

3.They get really good recruiting classes. Bush started it, then they got Brohm (who IMO was the best QB in that class, even above Henne,Morelli, and Bomar), and this year they got one of the best DEs in the country (I think he's a JUCO transfer, but still).

Louisville and WV have become top programs because they have started getting in state talent, which helps because neither have to deal with a lot of competition.

Rutgers has become a decent school, USF is doing a good job finding guys in Florida despite UF, Miami, and FSU. Cincy is also taking steps (they've got Tressell's top assistant as HC, it's just a little harder to convince Ohio kids to not go to OSU or Michigan).

ChambersWI said:
3. and this year they got one of the best DEs in the country (I think he's a JUCO transfer, but still).

Actually that's "Peanut" Whitehead and he's true freshman starter. You know, he's the kid that got the very first sack yesterday on Wright. 5 star recruit from Alabama, 6'6" 255 lbs DE with 4.7 speed. He picked U of L over Auburn :eek: ! He's probably the highest rated defensive recruit U of L has ever had.

ChambersWI said:
Louisville and WV have become top programs because they have started getting in state talent, which helps because neither have to deal with a lot of competition.

Rutgers has become a decent school, USF is doing a good job finding guys in Florida despite UF, Miami, and FSU. Cincy is also taking steps (they've got Tressell's top assistant as HC, it's just a little harder to convince Ohio kids to not go to OSU or Michigan).

Well people forget WV beat Georgia IN GEORGIA at the Sugar Bowl last year. That is no small task.

And the Big East has loaded themsleves up with a lot of good coaches. (even the worst NFL coach is very good on the college level). Petrino, Rodriguez, Robinson, Wanny (yes, even Wanny).

You start with coaching and build up. WV and L'vill it took them about 5 years or so. Look where they are now. Same for Rutgers. And Syracuse will be there soon. A solid Pitt program. The Big East while not the SEC, Big 12, or Big 10 isn't far off. And will be there in a few years.

Mike, you said one thing I disagree with. The Big East IMO is better than the big 12. after OU and Texas, I don't think they have any other teams worth talking about (TT maybe, but they just lost to TCU)

Back
Top Bottom