Miami awarded three compensatory picks. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami awarded three compensatory picks.

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Armando SalgueroVerified account‏@ArmandoSalguero 47s47 seconds ago
Dolphins pick up a third- and two fifth-round compensatory picks in coming draft. https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL-Announces-32-Compensatory-Draft-Choices-to-16-Clubs.aspx

Adam BeasleyVerified account‏@AdamHBeasley 3m3 minutes ago
Dolphins also granted the 180th and 186th picks, coming in the fifth rounds. Best guess is those are for Lamar Miller and Rishard Matthews

Adam BeasleyVerified account‏@AdamHBeasley 4m4 minutes ago
Not only did the Dolphins get a third, they got the FIRST third-round comp pick (97th overall), presumably for Vernon. Back up to 7 picks.

Adam BeasleyVerified account‏@AdamHBeasley 37s37 seconds ago
The Dolphins will have seven picks in April's draft despite trading for Leonte Carroo and Julius Thomas.

Cool, we need them for sure. Hoping t-dumb don't waste them away

Ozzy rules!!

So I believe if I remember correctly are regular 3rd round pick goes to Vikings

the fourth should be the lower pick..

The fourth round pick that the Vikings receive from the Dolphins in 2017 will be their lowest fourth-round pick. If the Dolphins have a compensatory selection (or two) in the fourth round of next year's draft, that is the pick that will get sent to Minnesota, with it being the lowest one if they have multiple compensatory selections in Round 4. If they don't, it will be Miami's normally allotted fourth round selection.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/4...raft-a-look-at-fridays-vikings-dolphins-trade

Imagine if we didn't trade for Caroo :ponder:

Would have a lot of mid round ammo.... very annoying

But at least the comp third is the first of the comp picks. Two fifths is good. Seems inevitable that tannenbaum will move around at some point in the draft. For who / when / where is anyone's guess

gotentrunks

Imagine if we didn't trade for Caroo :ponder:

We'd pretty much have to bend to the demands of Kenny Stills and we'd have way less money to spend on much bigger needs like guard and MLB. We also can't let Juice get away.
I like Kenny Stills, but Carroo is still a good prospect that allows us to let Kenny go without fretting too much about the WR position. If Parker stays healthy and we lock up Juice, Kenny Stills would be an overpriced luxury for the next couple of years. Having a very strong offensive line and defense is much more important than having that many wideouts.
Just ask the Pats. All they do is plug in nobodies at wideouts that can run routes and catch while playing D and running the ball. Brady is amazing and he gets all the fanfare in NE, but go look up their defensive and rushing numbers last year. They were great at both. Playing D and running the ball still wins in this league.

Meh. Kinda went on an unrelated tirade there, but **** happens. Point is that having Carroo around isn't such a bad thing all things considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if Caroo is not here and he doesn't catch that TD pass in the SF game...we could do this all day long

Someone could have caught that pass. It's not like that was some extraordinary play iirc

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

So what are we looking at?

1(23)
2(54)
3(97)
5(180)
5(186)

?

Think so

I am guilty of the what Ifs but it can not dwell upon the past mistakes... Time to focus on the Picks we have and make the most of it. We have done well in the 5th round recently so there are some positives. Having said that My faith in Tannenbum to get it right is not the highest. ready to rock and roll with whatever happens and enjoy the lead up to the draft...

Someone could have caught that pass. It's not like that was some extraordinary play iirc

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

It was a nice run after the catch. Showcased some hands and YAC skill. He better pan out because I don't think we can afford Stills given our o line and defensive needs, and Parker is always hurt.

In an ideal scenario for me, the draft kind of plays out like this. Trade down in the 1st with Cunningham and top DE's off the board. Recoup a 3rd and a late rounder. Get our DE or LB in the late 20s. Trade 2 5th's to move up into the 4th. Basically end up with picks 1,2,3,3,4,5,6. Obviously doesn't work like that, but if things well right, 5 top 120 picks would be a solid influx of talent.

Back
Top Bottom