Miami awarded three compensatory picks. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami awarded three compensatory picks.

When I look at all the mock drafts that include the second round, the dropoff in quality seems to be after 45 or 46. Normally it's around 40. So I would try to get a second pick within that 45 area, even if it means we don't pick beyond that.

I don't understand the fascination with recouping a 4th round pick. I'd prefer to take two swings at players who have a theoretical opportunity to be special. In lower rounds you're looking for outliers, those wonderful outliers who are so popular, and easy to remember.

Should be able to snag at good developmental TE in the 5th. Probably a QB too. You can never stop looking for a decent backup QB

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Heck the Pats trade all their backups for good comp in return

Walrus and Awsi have it right. Once you get beyond the top-40 picks, probably a little deeper this year, you're getting players with significant flaws or limitations. Rather than trading away the two fifths to move up a round, where the talent pool is no better, you may as well increase the attempts by moving down, where the talent pool is no worse.

i thought you arent allowed to trade compensatory picks, so if true you cant trade our regular 5th and 1 of the compensatory picks to move up

When I look at all the mock drafts that include the second round, the dropoff in quality seems to be after 45 or 46. Normally it's around 40. So I would try to get a second pick within that 45 area, even if it means we don't pick beyond that.

I don't understand the fascination with recouping a 4th round pick. I'd prefer to take two swings at players who have a theoretical opportunity to be special. In lower rounds you're looking for outliers, those wonderful outliers who are so popular, and easy to remember.

I get what your saying but also think you have to look at the composition of your roster and how many spots you have to fill. If your a team with a bunch of roster turnover and have many spots you have to fill those spots and you cant fill them all
In FA.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

i thought you arent allowed to trade compensatory picks, so if true you cant trade our regular 5th and 1 of the compensatory picks to move up

The rule changed you can now.

That or maybe to move up in the 3rd?

If we package the two compensatory 5ths, we could move up to around #140, which is a compensatory 4th.

Add in our regular 5th and we could get as high as #116, which would be a top-10 pick on day three.

Unless we trade a future pick (NOOOOOOOO!!!), we don't have the ammo to go back into Round 3.

Imagine if Caroo is not here and he doesn't catch that TD pass in the SF game...we could do this all day long

That catch was definitely worth not having 9 picks to shore up the defense.

If I am not mistaken we still have our own 5th, so that means we have three 5th round picks...if done right, could be very beneficial... Hopefully we can find as many good players in the 5th as we did in 2015.

Miami in the 5th....

2015- Bobby McCain, Jay Ajayi, Tony Lippett and Cedric Thompson.

Other Tope 5ths..

S Reshad Jones, RB Jim Kiick, LB Bryan Cox (1991) , LB Zach Thomas (1996), QB Don Strock (1973) and C Jeff Uhlenhake (1989).

If I am not mistaken we still have our own 5th, so that means we have three 5th round picks...if done right, could be very beneficial... Hopefully we can find as many good players in the 5th as we did in 2015.

Miami in the 5th....

2015- Bobby McCain, Jay Ajayi, Tony Lippett and Cedric Thompson.

Other Tope 5ths..

S Reshad Jones, RB Jim Kiick, LB Bryan Cox (1991) , LB Zach Thomas (1996), QB Don Strock (1973) and C Jeff Uhlenhake (1989).

So about 1 quality 5th round player every decade? We got Ajayi, might as well trade away all 5th round picks for the next 4 years :lol:

The 5th is a good round for gems. IMO after the 5th the talent pool drops significantly

Back
Top Bottom