Miami awarded three compensatory picks. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami awarded three compensatory picks.

Can't trade em either thank goodness. The posters that keep defending these trade ups discount players like the Jason Taylors, Zac Thomas and lately Ajai of the worlds which leaves you with a pretty simpy team. Remember Tom Brady was a 5th round pick. Guys its lots of picks in the draft and great coaching that gets you to the top. We only have half the equation IMO

Can't trade em either thank goodness. The posters that keep defending these trade ups discount players like the Jason Taylors, Zac Thomas and lately Ajai of the worlds which leaves you with a pretty simpy team. Remember Tom Brady was a 5th round pick. Guys its lots of picks in the draft and great coaching that gets you to the top. We only have half the equation IMO

Starting this year compensatory picks can be traded.

So would you consider trading Miami's 2018 3rd round pick for Cleveland's 2017 pick at the top of the 4th round? Especially if it was for a player like Jake Butt that you figured would easily be a third round value pick in 2018 if he were healthy and coming out next year.

So would you consider trading Miami's 2018 3rd round pick for Cleveland's 2017 pick at the top of the 4th round? Especially if it was for a player like Jake Butt that you figured would easily be a third round value pick in 2018 if he were healthy and coming out next year.

Nope, two many if, ands, or butts....:)

Seriously, I'd have to be really sure on the medical side he comes back 110%. Irrelevant considering the Thomas trade.

Talk to me..next year...when Still signs somewhere else.......
And LC has 60 plus catches

That's pretty lofty expectations considering only one WR (Landry) had 60+ catches last year.

Add like 2 OL, 2 LB, 2 DB and a DE in this draft, please.

That's pretty lofty expectations considering only one WR (Landry) had 60+ catches last year.

It's not that lofty when u consider he's already had a 63 catch 931 yard season in 2014 and at least will be the no.2 WR for his next team.

LOL. Kiick and Strock were taken when the draft had like 157 rounds so the 5th was like the 2nd if you know what I mean. I was hoping one of the comps would be a 4th but we have more room to maneuver now.

LOL...No actually the 5th then was like the 5th now, but the 8th to the 12th was like FA today...GET THOSE DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH MIAMI. :up:

Keep in mind, one of our 5th round picks is probably already gone in a trade with the Giants for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Keep in mind, one of our 5th round picks is probably already gone in a trade with the Giants for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

I hope not. That would be ashort term solution to a long term problem. Plus I really don't like the idea of starting Maxwell and Rodgers-Cromartie with Howard and Lippett sitting the bench getting very little experience since they can't play slot. I also don't like the idea of starting Howard and Lippett and then having a lot of money tied up in Maxwell and Rodgers -Cromartie o sit the bench.

I'm more in favor of adding a cheaper corner in free agency and maybe another in the draft, with being able to compete with McCain in the slot from day one and the other as depth behind Maxwell, Haward and Lippett. And don't forget the team likes the progress of Lafayette Pitts.

Back
Top Bottom