Miami awarded three compensatory picks. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami awarded three compensatory picks.

So about 1 quality 5th round player every decade? We got Ajayi, might as well trade away all 5th round picks for the next 4 years :lol:
LOL. Kiick and Strock were taken when the draft had like 157 rounds so the 5th was like the 2nd if you know what I mean. I was hoping one of the comps would be a 4th but we have more room to maneuver now.

We'd be silly not to try and get in the 4th. Due to the special circumstances of the Caroo trade, we only need to move into the very last spot of the 4th Rd (i.e. overall pick #144) to automatically get the pick #129 (our original spot). We can probably do that with our 2, much later, 5th rd compensatory picks.

I don't think you can trade comp picks, think you have to draft them where they fall.
never mind just read starting this year you can trade them.

2 5th rounders!? Nice, lopls like we have another ZT and Reshad Jones on the way fellas!

You just had to... couldn't resist going there. We should start calling you "gas" for pouring gasoline on the 'carroo' fire:hump::lol:

Considering the circumstances of the trade, I think fire is an appropriate term to describe it.

giphy.gif

Third round
Round Choice/Overall Selection
33rd pick of third round; 97th overall: Miami
34th pick of third round; 98th overall: Carolina
35th pick of third round; 99th overall: Baltimore
36th pick of third round; 100th overall: Los Angeles Rams
37th pick of third round; 101st overall: Denver
38th pick of third round; 102nd overall: Seattle
39th pick of third round; 103rd overall: Cleveland
40th pick of third round; 104th overall: Kansas City
41st pick of third round; 105th overall: Pittsburgh
42nd pick of third round; 106th overall: Seattle
43rd pick of third round; 107th overall: New York Jets

Fourth round
32nd pick of fourth round; 138th overall: Cincinnati
33rd pick of fourth round; 139th overall: Cleveland
34th pick of fourth round; 140th overall: Los Angeles Rams
35th pick of fourth round; 141st overall: Cleveland
36th pick of fourth round; 142nd overall: San Francisco
37th pick of fourth round; 143rd overall: Indianapolis

Fifth round
33rd pick of fifth round; 178th overall: Cincinnati
34th pick of fifth round; 179th overall: Denver
35th pick of fifth round; 180th overall: Miami
36th pick of fifth round; 181st overall: Arizona
37th pick of fifth round; 182nd overall: Kansas City
38th pick of fifth round; 183rd overall: Cleveland
39th pick of fifth round; 184th overall: Green Bay
40th pick of fifth round; 185th overall: New England
41st pick of fifth round; 186th overall: Miami

Sixth round
33rd pick of the sixth round; 218th overall: Kansas City
34th pick of the sixth round; 219th overall: Cincinnati
35th pick of the sixth round; 220th overall: Kansas City
Seventh round
33rd pick of the seventh round; 253rd overall: Cincinnati
34th pick of the seventh round; 254th overall: Denver
35th pick of the seventh round; 255th overall: Denver
The compensatory free agents lost and signed in 2016 by the clubs that will receive compensatory picks in the 2017 Draft:

As expected, but glad to see it. We have a good history in the 5th, as many posters have pointed out.

IMHO, the only trading up we need to do is from 54 to 40 or so. I fear all of that 2nd tier talent, especially at LB, will be dried up before pick 54. I'd hate to miss out on that wave of talent at such a need position.

A lot can change between now, the Combine and the draft, but right now I would be interested in trading down in the 1st to get ammo to trade up in the 2nd. After 40 or so we are looking at significantly less promising prospects. The drop from 22 to 40 may not be as great as 40 to 54 for the positions we are considering, as crazy as that sounds.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Should be able to snag at good developmental TE in the 5th. Probably a QB too. You can never stop looking for a decent backup QB

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Heck the Pats trade all their backups for good comp in return

I never will get the draft a late round QB idea. How many of those guys do you have that are productive in the NFL? 1? He just won the super bowl after cheating. Let's be honest. If Tannehill goes down, then Moore...Fins are screwed. A 5th rd OL, LB, TE, slot corner will see the field more at least on special teams and have the ability to be a Reshad Jones. No thanks to QB

So browns, bengals and KC with 4 each. Good to see NE only got one for a change

Ozzy rules!!

Meh, you gave a single point vs the big picture. That's like removing a single dot in stipple art and deeming it incomplete.

I don't know what stipple art is, nor do I care...I certainly don't know what "meh" is because in my house, we speak and TYPE English

I don't know what stipple art is, nor do I care...I certainly don't know what "meh" is because in my house, we speak and TYPE English

It's a shame that the NEA will soon be cut so people like yourself won't be educated on incredible art techniques. I guess we should start with basic English expressions first though.

meh
me/
informal
exclamation
expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm.
"Meh. I'm not impressed so far"
adjective
uninspiring; unexceptional.
"a lot of his movies are … meh"

English Oxford dictionary: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/meh

;)

The Browns currently have 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, 2 third round picks, 3 fourth picks and 3 fifth round picks, 1 sixth round pick and none in the seventh. They're going to need to dump some of those picks of consolidate them to move up in a few rounds. They're not adding 13 rookies to their roster. Not to mention they drafted 14 players last season. That would mean half of the roster would be first or second year players and that's not even including any undrafted free agents.

Back
Top Bottom