Miami better NOT trade for Henson before... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami better NOT trade for Henson before...

Phins34

Favorite Player: Sammy Smith
Reaction score
Miami better not trade anything for Henson until the Ramsey situation is definitely not going to happen. I just have a feeling Miami will make a deal for Henson without even considering Ramsey.
If this happens, we are all screwed because Jay will be our start QB for probably the next 2 years, and who even knows if this kid can play. I would go for Henson after 2 options.

1.)If Ramsey won't be traded (if he is shooped around the dolphins better get their asses in gear and actually do whatever it takes to get him. I am tired of us always talking to players, but never getting them)

2.)If Rivers is gone before we draft at 20 (Although we could still move up by giving up something, which I would rather do in order to have Rivers rather than Henson)

IF these 2 things fall through, then I say we go for Henson, but definitely not for this year 1st rounder, becuse we need a WR with this draft if Jay comes back, which he would if we get Henson. We can worry about losing next years 1st or 2nd if thats what we pay when the time comes.) We are trying to win now, as well as solidify a QB for the future. Ramsey definitely gives us our best shot

Ok so we wait for Ramsey, and then what if Houston and Henson change their mind about us. Hold up Gibbs might just want to keep Ramsey,and now they are saying Rivers wont make it to #20. I say trade a pick for Henson next year, with our #1 this year draft a WR or OL, then we can sign FA....

Im sorry but we have to think about all the key points this team is missing on Offense. WR,OL,QB.

Trust me I dont want Fiedler in a FIN uniform next year, but I would love to see Henson in one.

So what happens if we get Henson, and Ramsey is on the block...as well as Rivers being available at 20. You will be kicking yourself in the ***.

I would not trade Henson for a #1 pick in either of the next two years. I don't think other teams will want to do that either, unless they have multiple picks in the early rounds. Houston would be happy with a 2 or a 3 (or a 2 next year). Ultimately it is a matter of "demand."

But, let's not forget that the reason we don't have the ammunition is b/c Dave W continually trades away future high round picks for present day mid-round picks and it is NOT worth it!

Going after Ramsey doesn't mean that we are neglecting any other positions. We would probably be giving up 1 pick for Ramsey, which is what would be given up for Rivers. We can address Oline and WR in Free Agency. Free Agency if filled with a lot better WR's and Olineman than QB. I can't believe people are actually considering A.J. Feely, who is a 3rd QB on the depth chart. That just shows you how weak this QB Free Agency is

Why? Henson has the potential to be better than Rivers or Ramsey.

Just sing

"No to Henson, Yes to Rivers":clap:

It's all a freakin crap shoot if you ask me! Point blank Spielman will have underachieved if we don't have another QB to start for next year point blank.No more excuses, if they take Henson,Ramsey,Rivers one or the other have to start unless they have AJ Feely in mind.This waiting around for action by Spielman is the most grueling thing every day!

Originally posted by RunRicky34
Ok so we wait for Ramsey, and then what if Houston and Henson change their mind about us. Hold up Gibbs might just want to keep Ramsey,and now they are saying Rivers wont make it to #20. I say trade a pick for Henson next year, with our #1 this year draft a WR or OL, then we can sign FA....

Im sorry but we have to think about all the key points this team is missing on Offense. WR,OL,QB.

Trust me I dont want Fiedler in a FIN uniform next year, but I would love to see Henson in one.

Exactll. Thank you. "A bird in the hand....." I get the feeling this guy would let go of the bird thinking the two in the bush would be better. NO BIRDS IS NO GOOD.
Oh and Henson has more talent than Jay, BG, Rivers & Ramsey combined.

inFINsible, dude, whats up w/ your avatar..thats F*cked up.

I think that if we get Henson/Rivers, they will get playing time in 2004. Teams that draft QB's often say that they won't play that year but usually do when the #1 guy starts to suck. Didn't Jax say that about Brunell/Leftwich last year? And I believe Palmer would've started in Cinci if Kitna hadn't turned into Dan Marino all of a sudden.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Exactll. Thank you. "A bird in the hand....." I get the feeling this guy would let go of the bird thinking the two in the bush would be better. NO BIRDS IS NO GOOD.
Oh and Henson has more talent than Jay, BG, Rivers & Ramsey combined.

:eek:what are you talking about Henson is not more talented then either Ramsey or Rivers and besides if Henson got sacked he would break apart

Originally posted by Phins34

IF these 2 things fall through, then I say we go for Henson, but definitely not for this year 1st rounder, becuse we need a WR with this draft if Jay comes back, which he would if we get Henson. We can worry about losing next years 1st or 2nd if thats what we pay when the time comes.) We are trying to win now, as well as solidify a QB for the future. Ramsey definitely gives us our best shot

If a trade is not made with Houston prior to the draft Henson will re-enter the draft. We can not trade next year's 1st or 2nd for a player already in the draft.

If we don't get Brunell or Ramsey prior to the draft and Rivers gets picked before #20 we can either pick Henson at 20 or watch another team do it at the end of the 1st or in the 2nd.

Not saying that is what I want just that you can't trade with Houston once the draft starts.

Originally posted by nick19991

:eek:what are you talking about Henson is not more talented then either Ramsey or Rivers and besides if Henson got sacked he would break apart
OMG - Henson is huge and fast and was considered to be extremely tough when he was at UMich

Originally posted by Lukin
inFINsible, dude, whats up w/ your avatar..thats F*cked up.

I think that if we get Henson/Rivers, they will get playing time in 2004. Teams that draft QB's often say that they won't play that year but usually do when the #1 guy starts to suck. Didn't Jax say that about Brunell/Leftwich last year? And I believe Palmer would've started in Cinci if Kitna hadn't turned into Dan Marino all of a sudden.
C'mon....you don't think there's something creepy sexual going on there??.......I'm torn....I get hot looking at her, then I feel all weirded out about it, then I punish myself...then I look at her again.....

Rivers also has the potential to be one of the best qb's in the league. Some of ya'll still high for a guy that played 8 career college games and missed 3 years of football. Yes I believe he could be good in this league I just don't see how you can get so much information off of 8 games compared to 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom