Miami better NOT trade for Henson before... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami better NOT trade for Henson before...

everybody chant:

Rivers, Rivers, Rivers, Rivers, Rivers...

Originally posted by burger13

the original post made no sense......

he wants to hold off on Henson until the draft to see if Rivers is still there, and if not then pursue Henson??

HENSON WILL BE TRADED BEFORE THE DRAFT!!

I'm sorry, I meant original statement, not the entire post.

Originally posted by Phins34
"I like Rivers alot and would not cry if we get him but he cant throw the deep ball well."

WOW, I can't believe you actually said that. You obviously have never seen him play before. If all you had watched was the Senior Bowl you would realize how rediculous that is. One of Rivers Best Attributes is his Arm Strength along with great accuracy long.

Rivers missed quite a few deep balls in that game some that looked Fiedleresqe:cry: . Its his delivery. He wont get the balls batted he is too tall and the release makes him lightning quick getting the ball out but the release does adversely effect his deep accuracy. Many have agreed. Just because he hits a few does not mean he has good accuracy. He may have underthrown it (did in the bowl) and the Wr was so open he waited for it etc. I am NOT bashing Rivers. I like the fact that he is just a winner. My statement did not even reflect wether Henson is the better option just has more physical talent. Example both guys are about the same size but but Rivers runs a 4.9-5.0 40 while Henson is 4.65-4.7. Big difference. Henson can make all the throws, scouts doubt the Rivers can make them all. Certainly cant on the run b/c he cant run.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

:eek: :confused: :lol:
Why do you think henson is fragile? He has never missed a game, almost took the 2x SB MVP's position as a true freshman. He has played pro sports already and oh yeah does have more physical talent. As a QB physical talent is not everything....but it helps. Henson can make all the throws, has a cannon arm and feathery touch. I like Rivers alot and would not cry if we get him but he cant throw the deep ball well. Thats a problem in our system. He would be best suited for a west coast system. If you want more info as a comparison check link below.
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/

Oh and we can get henson and still have at least one maybe two picks in the first round to get a Killer WR and O lineman. Would you be upset with Henson, Clayton, Carey?? No thats :eek:

That is the point our system is probably going to be different with Norv gone.

Originally posted by Phins34
So, eastcoastsportsnews.com is the all in all top evaluator of talent? because they say so means it must be true. I can start a website and put anything I want on it. I'm talking from seeing all 3 QB's play, which I have. No Question Henson could be great, but there are too many IF's with him. All likelyhood Henson would cost us a first round either this year or next year

Of course its not the only evaluator. Find me another though. Show me one where they compare the two and Rivers shows greater TALENT. Not wether he is a better qb, but has more talent, as that was my original statement.

Rivers missed quite a few deep balls in that game some that looked Fiedleresqe:cry: . Its his delivery. He wont get the balls batted he is too tall and the release makes him lightning quick getting the ball out but the release does adversely effect his deep accuracy. Many have agreed. Just because he hits a few does not mean he has good accuracy. He may have underthrown it (did in the bowl) and the Wr was so open he waited for it etc. I am NOT bashing Rivers. I like the fact that he is just a winner. My statement did not even reflect wether Henson is the better option just has more physical talent. Example both guys are about the same size but but Rivers runs a 4.9-5.0 40 while Henson is 4.65-4.7. Big difference. Henson can make all the throws, scouts doubt the Rivers can make them all. Certainly cant on the run b/c he cant run.

Rivers is a good scambler

Why do you think henson is fragile? He has never missed a game, almost took the 2x SB MVP's position as a true freshman.

Not true, why do you think he only started 8 games his final year instead of all 11? He had a broken ankle at the beginning of the year.

Originally posted by nick19991

LOL, do what? He's like Marino was, good pocket movement but a horrible runner & scrambler.

Originally posted by Noland

That is the point our system is probably going to be different with Norv gone.

I have heard nothing that says we will be going west coast. different yes but west coast no. I heard it will be more like Weis in NE. They go deep a fair amount. Ask sammy knight.:cry: I cant imagine he would disagree as he chased brown into the endzone in overtime:cry: :cry: :cry:

You read my post wrong. I wasnt saying to pursue Henson during the draft. What I meant was we should exhaust all oppurtunities to get Ramsey before the draft. There is over a month and a half before the draft and trade period. I think we can talk to washington in that time period and find out if the Ramsey deal would be feasable. Obviously we would know before hand if it is or not and then if it isn't go after Henson. Also Don't you think all NFL organizations have professional football people to try and figure out who is going to draft where. Not that it is 100% accurate, but most teams know who is going to get picked where. I'm sure they are a lot better at picking this than Mel Kiper Jr who works for ESPN.
What I'm getting at is that the Phins will have a pretty good Idea where Rivers would be drafted before the draft, unless something happens. Most teams even know that there are teams that could possibly jump up.
Because of this option you weigh your options, and if it looks as if there is a pretty good possibility of Rivers going before, then get Henson

Originally posted by SMadison29

Not true, why do you think he only started 8 games his final year instead of all 11? He had a broken ankle at the beginning of the year.

SMadison29: Who do you want Miami to get at QB? I mean, your a huge Rivers basher, you bash Henson, who are you going to bash next

Originally posted by nick19991

Not in the NFL with a 5.0 40yrd. I think Culpepper/Mcnabb run about 4.6-4.7 like Henson, Plummer (sp) a bit slower like 4.7+. However 5.0 is SLOW like O line SLOW. Again I dont think Rivers is a poor choice, I just think Henson has more upside and can be had for a pick next year That would benefit us more this upcoming year.

Ramsey is just by far the best option. I just hope this organization tries everything in their power to get him. If he won't be traded, then I really dont care too much. I would rather have Rivers because he is a few years younger and would be able to play right away as would Henson. Which means Henson couldn't play until he is 2 years older than he is now. Which probably isnt that much of a big deal, but I would just rather put the risk on Rivers than Henson

Drafting Henson wont benefit Us this year because he wont start. Fiedler will and it will be the same crap. Getting Henson wouldn't benefit us until he starts which would be the year after at the earliest

Back
Top Bottom