Miami better NOT trade for Henson before... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami better NOT trade for Henson before...

Originally posted by nick19991

SMadison29: Who do you want Miami to get at QB? I mean, your a huge Rivers basher, you bash Henson, who are you going to bash next

I was just stating a fact not trying to be bias. Of all the young QBs not named Eli or Ben I like Henson the most but my preference is to get Ramsey because a) he's young & b) he can start right away.

Originally posted by Phins34
Drafting Henson wont benefit Us this year because he wont start. Fiedler will and it will be the same crap. Getting Henson wouldn't benefit us until he starts which would be the year after at the earliest
Valid opinion. I dont agree but that why what we all spew is just opinion:D . As for age I am not worried. Here is why, age is not what kills NFLers later in their career. Its years IN the NFL. For example Brunell is 33 i think. But he spent a few years on the bench and did not play every down until later. Conversely Bledsoe in 31 and almost done. He came out of college early and played since. He has logged more NFL time and that is what will shorten a career.

Ya'll want a Randall Cunningham type qb. Rivers can scrambble he may not be fast but he can get away from a defender an throw a pretty touch pass seen it all year and in Senior Bowl. Marino did fine not having to run around the field 3 times before he threw I don't care about having a Qb that can run the 40 in 4.4 seconds as long as he is accurate and makes good decisions.

Originally posted by Noland
Ya'll want a Randall Cunningham type qb. Rivers can scrambble he may not be fast but he can get away from a defender an throw a pretty touch pass seen it all year and in Senior Bowl. Marino did fine not having to run around the field 3 times before he threw I don't care about having a Qb that can run the 40 in 4.4 seconds as long as he is accurate and makes good decisions.
Everyone was SCREAMING for a mobile QB this last year. So much so that we were actually happy when Jay came back:confused: . Now we dont care??? It even if not needed it would be nice to have the option of roll out passing.

Like I said Rivers aint fast but he can scrabble or roll out an throw a pretty touch pass just like Marino could do in college. Marino could move around when he first came in the league he just got real slow as the years went on. Line CK said when Rivers would run the ball he may not have got a bunch of years at the Senior Bowl but he picked up a positive 5 or 6 yards. Don't get me wrong I liked when Fiedler would pick up a first down by running when there was no one open to throw to but I would take Rivers Eli or Ben just as quick they could hurt you with accurate passes and smart decisions.

I am not Saying Ramsey will take us to the Super Bowl next year, but he can in the future.

That's what we thought with Marino too.:(

We can get Marino in his prime and Duper and Clayton but if we don't quit falling apart in December in the snow it won't matter who we have they have to get a better mental aspect to the game.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
I am not Saying Ramsey will take us to the Super Bowl next year, but he can in the future.

That's what we thought with Marino too.:(

Well....It was hope beyond hope that a one demensional offense would get it done for us! It didn't.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Why? Henson has the potential to be better than Rivers or Ramsey.

Couldn't have said it better myself...:)

Where would Henson have gone had he played collegiately at Michigan as a senior in 2001, then entered the 2002 NFL Draft? The personnel men I talked to said, based on projection, Henson would have been a first-round selection, behind No. 1 pick David Carr and No. 3 Joey Harrington, but well ahead of the third quarterback taken, No. 32, Patrick Ramsey.

source: SI.com

I'm for anything Miami gets I'm totally behind whoever the Dolphins get at QB

Back
Top Bottom