Miami Can Shred Contracts And Get To Almost $90m In Cap Space In 2019 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Can Shred Contracts And Get To Almost $90m In Cap Space In 2019

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Currently, over the cap has Miami at $17M cap space. With an aggressive dumping of expensive contract, that number can be close to $90M.

Tannehill - cut saves $13M with $13M dead.
Jones - trade saves $5M and $12M dead. I think he could fetch a 3rd round pick. Packers, Bucs, Raiders and Panthers could use safeties.
Quinn - cut saves $12.9M with 0 dead.
Parker - rescinded option saves $9.4M
Branch - cut saves $7M and $2M dead
Sitton - cut saves 5M and 2M dead
Kiko - cut saves 4.7M with 3.5M dead
Amendola - cut saves 6M
Akeem Spence - cut saves 2.5M
Kilgore - cut saves 2.4M
Larsen - cut saves 1.875M

With those moves, Miami will be at an estimated 87.81M in cap space.

Re-sign James, Swanson, Davis, Bolden, and Gray.

Extend Xavien Howard and Laremy Tunsil. Two young players who will be important to keep around.

Larsen can stay as a backup. Akeem is only 2.5 million and is a legit player. Kiko was one of the top LBs in terms of tackles and interceptions....so I would keep him too. Amendola is tough because he was a top target, always got open. Im wondering if Miami can get him to take a paycut, would like to keep him.

The rest? Ya they can go. I might even consider ditching James too though because 9 million for his play is a lot.

Definitely would not re-sign Jesse Davis after his performance this year.

Larsen can stay as a backup. Akeem is only 2.5 million and is a legit player. Kiko was one of the top LBs in terms of tackles and interceptions....so I would keep him too. Amendola is tough because he was a top target, always got open. Im wondering if Miami can get him to take a paycut, would like to keep him.

The rest? Ya they can go. I might even consider ditching James too though because 9 million for his play is a lot.

I disagree with each point you've made....

No way I'm cutting Jones. He's still a great player and I expect him to improve next year once Burke is gone. Him and Fitz on the back end is a legit safety duo. I'm also keeping Kiko. He's a good player with a knack for big plays, even though he makes head scratching decisions sometimes. Akeem Spence is staying too, and possibly Sitton if you think he can stay healthy.

That said, cut the rest, and add James onto the list. He's not worth the money it's going to take to lock him up long term.

Also, what the hell do we have to do to get rid of TJ McDonald? He doesn't have a future here.

Davis can likely be had for cheap and he's still pretty young with starting experience.

Larsen is too old to stick around for rebuild mode IMO.

Kiko...I'm kind of torn. He's 29 coming off of one of the best years of his career. Maybe Miami could dangle him to a lb needy team for a draft pick, but by the time the team could figure this thing out, he could be a few years into his 30s.

And the list of players I have above isn't who should or will be cut, but some of the more team-friendly contracts to move on from.

No way I'm cutting Jones. He's still a great player and I expect him to improve next year once Burke is gone. Him and Fitz on the back end is a legit safety duo. I'm also keeping Kiko. He's a good player with a knack for big plays, even though he makes head scratching decisions sometimes. Akeem Spence is staying too, and possibly Sitton if you think he can stay healthy.

That said, cut the rest, and add James onto the list. He's not worth the money it's going to take to lock him up long term.

Also, what the hell do we have to do to get rid of TJ McDonald? He doesn't have a future here.
Agree with this 100%

Davis can likely be had for cheap and he's still pretty young with starting experience.

Larsen is too old to stick around for rebuild mode IMO.

Kiko...I'm kind of torn. He's 29 coming off of one of the best years of his career. Maybe Miami could dangle him to a lb needy team for a draft pick, but by the time the team could figure this thing out, he could be a few years into his 30s.

And the list of players I have above isn't who should or will be cut, but some of the more team-friendly contracts to move on from.

I agree with everything but sitton. I know he is old but I don't think I'm ready to just **** can him

Another difficult release would be Cameron Wake. I would love to trade him to a playoff caliber team such as the Colts or Chiefs. He deserves better.

If we cut Tanny post June then the dead money is 5+mill
Trading Jones is a great idea but we're gonna have a hard time finding a taker with that crazy contract.
With Kiko we save almost nothing so might as well keep him.

Another difficult release would be Cameron Wake. I would love to trade him to a playoff caliber team such as the Colts or Chiefs. He deserves better.

He's a free agent so we're not cutting him. We'd just not bring him back

This team is going to be gutted by the start of next season, won’t even look recognizable, assuming they jettison the high priced players for a cheap youth movement. Be afraid, be very afraid, but also look to a hopeful future.

Back
Top Bottom