Miami Can Shred Contracts And Get To Almost $90m In Cap Space In 2019 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Can Shred Contracts And Get To Almost $90m In Cap Space In 2019

Another difficult release would be Cameron Wake. I would love to trade him to a playoff caliber team such as the Colts or Chiefs. He deserves better.

His contract just expired. He's a free agent and expressed after the final game that he'd only come back if the money and feeling was right.

His contract just expired. He's a free agent and expressed after the final game that he'd only come back if the money and feeling was right.

Thanks. I would love to have him back a good price but he should explore playing for a contending team.

If we cut Tanny post June then the dead money is 5+mill
Trading Jones is a great idea but we're gonna have a hard time finding a taker with that crazy contract.
With Kiko we save almost nothing so might as well keep him.

If Jones is traded, his 2019 and 2020 cap hits would be $13M and $12M to whatever team takes him.

Tannehill - cut saves $13M with $13M dead. walk
Jones - trade saves $5M and $12M dead. I think he could fetch a 3rd round walk
pick. Packers, Bucs, Raiders and Panthers could use safeties.
Quinn - cut saves $12.9M with 0 dead. walk
Parker - rescinded option saves $9.4M walk
Branch - cut saves $7M and $2M dead walk reduce pay or cut
Sitton - cut saves 5M and 2M dead keep
Kiko - cut saves 4.7M with 3.5M dead keep
Amendola - cut saves 6M let him walk
Akeem Spence - cut saves 2.5M
Kilgore - cut saves 2.4M I would keep walk
Larsen - cut saves 1.875M same I would keep him too.

you don't have to cut everybody in yr one.

Re-sign James, Swanson, Davis, Bolden, and Gray.
Extend Xavien Howard and Laremy Tunsil. Two young players who will be important to keep around.
add DE,CB, OG, IB in free agent
draft qb,og,dt,cb,te, og,dt
[/QUOTE]

I have no problem cutting jones. I thought McDonald played just as good/bad as him depending on how you grade those players. If you can trade him, you trade him and laugh at the other team.

I’m cutting Jones immediately. Guy was my favorite player but he mailed it in. He will go to a contender but I don’t care. Thanks for the memories Reshad.

We have to cut these veterans. For f sake I’m 30 years old and think I’m young but In reality we have to cut every man over 27. Let’s do this right

Currently, over the cap has Miami at $17M cap space. With an aggressive dumping of expensive contract, that number can be close to $90M.

Tannehill - cut saves $13M with $13M dead.
Jones - trade saves $5M and $12M dead. (Probably stays because of the dead cap)
Quinn - cut saves $12.9M with 0 dead.
Parker - rescinded option saves $9.4M
Branch - cut saves $7M and $2M dead
Sitton - cut saves 5M and 2M dead
Kiko - cut saves 4.7M with 3.5M dead (Possibly stays)
Amendola - cut saves 6M
Akeem Spence - cut saves 2.5M
Kilgore - cut saves 2.4M
Larsen - cut saves 1.875M

With those moves, Miami will be at an estimated 60.075M in cap space.

Re-sign James, Swanson, Davis, Bolden, and Gray.

Extend Xavien Howard and Laremy Tunsil. Two young players who will be important to keep around.

Great analysis @SCLSU Mud Dogs thanks! I've put the only two possible tweaks I see in Orange with my comments/changes in Bold Orange. Even those changes are iffy. I think you were spot on with this analysis. Additionally, Wake may be moved along or re-signed at a lower number as well.

Do we need all that cap space though? I know we're rebuilding but I would be wary of losing too many at once, especially those who are cheap and productive or even more importantly add valuable consistency in what is going to be a tumultuous time. A planned rebuild is better than a crazy fire sale.

I would kep Sitton, Spence and Jones from that list. Maybe look at a trade if we can get something for Jones but not a priority. Sitton and Spence are FA's next year anyway so we can keep them around relatively cheaply while we transition, especially if we're going to be targetting the lines this year in the draft.

The rest can go, McDonald isn't on that list but should go too.

Use the money to re-sign James and Wake and extend Howard and Tunsil. Maybe keep Swanson to back-up a new centre.

Heck with a third, if I could get a 7th for Jones with that contract I would take it.

Reshad Jones is like Jarvis Landry: Imagine what we could do without him?

This is a passing league

Finding an Albert Wilson-type replacement for Reshad Jones should not be difficult at all, if we finally have a personnel department that knows what it is doing. I have some trust in that Marvin Allen guy.

Jesse Davis doesn't need to be cut. There was too much hope at this time last year. He has some strengths but you can't just hand him a starting role.

Keep Reshad man and actually use him correctly. I feel like the biggest issue has been not utilizing our strengths. Flores should know how to use our key pieces. Way too much dead cap to just create way too many holes for no reason this year.

Keep Reshad man and actually use him correctly. I feel like the biggest issue has been not utilizing our strengths. Flores should know how to use our key pieces. Way too much dead cap to just create way too many holes for no reason this year.
Agreed - get a new starting CB, push Fitzmagic to play high safety and then Jones can attack the box.

Back
Top Bottom