Miami deep at WR - may be in the market to trade a WR | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami deep at WR - may be in the market to trade a WR

I was a big fan, but he really disappointed me last year.

I hope it's because he was playing injured, but I'm afraid he was a non factor when he returned to health.
Variance is part of the game, takes some players longer to recover than others. Theres a chance he never does, but you dont just give up on players with that type of ceiling because of one bad year where he prob wasnt 100%. Good chance our staff now can get more out of him than flores' staff did. There is a lot of nuance involved that I think most fans dont account for, people are impatient and emotional.

Variance is part of the game, takes some players longer to recover than others. Theres a chance he never does, but you dont just give up on players with that type of ceiling because of one bad year where he prob wasnt 100%. Good chance our staff now can get more out of him than flores' staff did. There is a lot of nuance involved that I think most fans dont account for, people are impatient and emotional.
I hope so.

I was a big proponent of his all over this board since his rookie year, and I was really waiting for what he could add when he got back on the field last year.

Gimmie a break, show me more than a handful of 4th or 5th recievers that can do this. Better yet, show me one.

A 3 year career produced a 4-minute highlight reel. That's all I need to know. I can show you dozens of 4th or 5th receivers that have the same production or better. Who cares about acrobatic catches if you're producing the same as other low-level receivers.

A 3 year career produced a 4-minute highlight reel. That's all I need to know. I can show you dozens of 4th or 5th receivers that have the same production or better. Who cares about acrobatic catches if you're producing the same as other low-level receivers.

Yet hes been hurt throughout most of his career, most college highlight reels are the same length... thanks for proving my point. No you cant show me dozens, they dont exist. You just dont like the guy, thats fine.

preston.PNG

Yet hes been hurt throughout most of his career, most college highlight reels are the same length... thanks for proving my point. No you cant show me dozens, they dont exist. You just dont like the guy, thats fine.

View attachment 107037

I don't like the guy? I don't have any negative feelings towards a guy who is irrelevant. Here you go, looks like a bakers dozen to me. The same amount of games and far outproduced by some with the worst catch % of anyone there which is weird for a possession receiver. From 2019 to 2021 104 players have outproduced Williams receiving stats btw.

Last edited:
They already did. His name was Parker. They have a strong crew right now but other than option #1 and #2 they all have a ton to prove if they want to be coveted by other NFL teams as far as being valuable assets that will yield any type of return.

Wilson is a decent 3rd option but anyone could have had him for cash a few week's ago.

The Rookie probably has the most upside and could potentially shift the WR room from 'strong' to excellent. But again, anyone could have drafted him before the dolphins did and he hasn't proven anything yet.

Bowden basically same thing as above, potential, unproven... Low price tag if any.

Sherfield anyone could have had for peanuts. Most of his value is special teams, every team has 1 or 2 of these guys.

P.Williams almost certainly has no trade value at this point. Has talent, proved it at one point. Needs to prove that a) he can get and stay healthy and b) he's still as effective as he was pre injuries. If any team is going to take a gamble on that it will be the Dolphins OR a team picking him up if he's cut. No gambles with any real assets.

They may be sitting on a gold mine but need to wait for it to play out that way before theres a further overflow of proven talent at that position

First Flores never should have used Williams on returns the guy was not built for those that's when he got IR and never really made it back.
As far as Bowden not really sure how hurt he was last year. Looked like we were stashing him hoping that Williams, Parker, Wilson, Waddle, Fuller could play to their starting potential but every single one of were injured the year before including Waddle. Bowden had never been on ir even in college and imo would have been much smarter in hindsight to let him play, stash Williams through the first half of the season and see how healthy the other 3 could stay. Bowden was improving down the stretch in 2020 and just giving Tua one healthy wide receiver outside Waddle the entire year certainly could have helped. Remember Bowden was drafted as a rb by the raiders meaning he should have some rac ability.

How delusional do you have to be to think that Preston Williams or Lynn Bowden have any trade value?

If Ezukanma can win the #4 wr spot, Bowden and Williams would be decent talent levels for your 5th and 6th rolls. Wouldn't be shocked if one was replaced by someone currently on another roster. For example even to those who like Bowden, someone like Andy Isabella might be worth a look in a similar role. Both have raw untapped talent. Same with Williams vs someone like N'Keal Harry. Yes Harry and Isabella haven't lived up to early promise, but if their rebound team can get them going they could be a steal. I think there will be a dozen projects like that on the market by opening day. Not bad risk for your 4th, 5th or 6th wr spots.

I was a big fan, but he really disappointed me last year.

I hope it's because he was playing injured, but I'm afraid he was a non factor when he returned to health.

He didn’t get any snaps, seemed to be in the dog house. I’m guessing he told Flores off but Grier liked his talent. He’s got 3 inches on the next tallest wideout which gives him a pretty good advantage plus he’s cheap.

Back
Top Bottom