Miami defeats Bears 36 years ago today. Ending their chance at undefeated. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami defeats Bears 36 years ago today. Ending their chance at undefeated.

Those were the days. My entire office co-workers were rooting for Miami. When I walked into work the next day. Everyone, included the bosses were in a party mood. They all were congratulating me as if I won the super bowl. I never heard the stadium so loud. What a feeling it was.

McMahon came in the game later only to be abused, sacked and turned over. We were a terrible match up for them.

Their D wouldn’t be able to stop our offense, ever. And their strength - Walter Payton and ball control - even on a good day - would have played into our hands as at best case they could win TOP at expense of a low scoring output. Like when we held the ball for 50 minutes against Peyton Manning and still lost 21-17. Marino and our passing game couldn’t be neutralized by that D. Great line couldn’t get to Dan. CBs were old and slow. Allie Sherman completely called it on the pre game Monday Night Matchup show - he didn’t just predict Miami would win, he told us “how” and it played out to a T. I really believe we beat them in the SB.

Those were the days. My entire office co-workers were rooting for Miami. When I walked into work the next day. Everyone, included the bosses were in a party mood. They all were congratulating me as if I won the super bowl. I never heard the stadium so loud. What a feeling it was.
One of the best wins in franchise history.

I was at that game. The play that stands out to me the most was there was a ball that was tipped at the line of scrimmage and the ball still traveled like 20 yards in the air to Clayton and he ran it in for a TD. At that point you knew it was fate that the Dolphins were going to win.

Back
Top Bottom