Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors

@PaulKuharskyNFL: Baltimore offensive lineman Michael Oher is visiting the #Titans today.

Would prefer Strief

Me too. Oher is a bit younger and had an ankle last year. However, Strief is solid in pass pro.

Supposedly they inquired to Strief, but he 1) wants a lot of $$ and 2) doesn't want to leave NO. So I think they aren't going to sit and wait for him and miss out on other options. I know it drives us (the fans crazy), but they are taking the right approach this year. Go get the biggest need (LT) first and right away and then let the overpaying happen for other positions and get the best talent at the best value. This will keep us in decent cap shape and still get/keep quality guys. Teams like the Raiders and Bucs are spending a lot of their cap on high priced FA's, but we'll see how that pans out for them this year!

Supposedly they inquired to Strief, but he 1) wants a lot of $$ and 2) doesn't want to leave NO. So I think they aren't going to sit and wait for him and miss out on other options. I know it drives us (the fans crazy), but they are taking the right approach this year. Go get the biggest need (LT) first and right away and then let the overpaying happen for other positions and get the best talent at the best value. This will keep us in decent cap shape and still get/keep quality guys. Teams like the Raiders and Bucs are spending a lot of their cap on high priced FA's, but we'll see how that pans out for them this year!

They Spoke to Strief again yesterday, NO have no money to pay anyone atm

They Spoke to Strief again yesterday, NO have no money to pay anyone atm

Good, I hope there is genuine interest by both sides. As I'd hate to bring in a guy that's not happy about having to come here because he didn't have any other options. I just get the feeling he's stalling in hopes that NO can free up some money for him or if has to give them a big discount to stay. We have been used far too often in the past to set the market for the home team or others. Just hope Hickey is smart enough not to get played like our last GM seemed to be.

Good, I hope there is genuine interest by both sides. As I'd hate to bring in a guy that's not happy about having to come here because he didn't have any other options. I just get the feeling he's stalling in hopes that NO can free up some money for him or if has to give them a big discount to stay. We have been used far too often in the past to set the market for the home team or others. Just hope Hickey is smart enough not to get played like our last GM seemed to be.

NO doesnt' have enough money to sign rookie draft picks much less pay Strief a half decent salary.

Dawn is shrewd and tight with purse strings. Hickey is playing it cool and deliberate, that's a good thing. No need to break bank in three days of free agency. Players will become available daily so why panic now when someone else may become available soon. I'd like to think he knows who he likes and is monitoring their status, no need to overpay.

That sounds good in theory....unless you end up left at the bus station still needing 2 or 3 starting O-lineman come draft time.

I think its absolutely essential to at least find one more starting O-lineman of quality(not Oher) and preferably 2.

I don't like the idea of expecting to land more than 1 starting lineman in the draft (not for 2014 anyway).

Supposedly they inquired to Strief, but he 1) wants a lot of $$ and 2) doesn't want to leave NO.

NO cannot afford him, so MIA only needs to make him a better offer than his other suitors.

The market for RTs is far lower than for LTs.

Offer Strief a bit over market. That and the FL income tax advantage should bring him to Davie.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 5s

Cameron Thomas joins the Steelers on a two-year deal, according to his agent, David Canter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13s

Colts and WR Hakeem Nicks reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 1m

Confirmed: Brandon Browner has a 3-year, $17M contract with #Patriots. Complex deal with everything involved

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 1m

Raiders announce they've signed Tarell Brown.

Back
Top Bottom