Miami Dolphins 2018 Coaching Staff Hires | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2018 Coaching Staff Hires

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. – The Miami Dolphins today announced 16 members of their coaching staff for the 2019 season: Jim Caldwell (assistant head coach/quarterbacks), Danny Crossman (special teams coordinator), Patrick Graham(defensive coordinator), Chad O’Shea (offensive coordinator), Josh Boyer (defensive pass game coordinator/cornerbacks), Karl Dorrell (wide receivers), Pat Flaherty(offensive line), George Godsey (tight ends), Marion Hobby (defensive line), Rob Leonard (linebackers), Tony Oden (safeties), Jerry Schuplinski (assistant quarterbacks), Eric Studesville (running backs), Josh Grizzard (quality control), Matt Lombardi (quality control), and Tiquan Underwood (quality control).

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/miami-dolphins-coaching-staff-brian-flores

So is this happy or so-so news?

I'm happy but compared to the knowledge on this site, I'm a dunce.

Buffalo had one of the worst ranked STs last season and he was fired as a result.. so essentially we're getting someone else's garbage but I'd be thrilled to eat crow next February.

But how did Crossman do in prior seasons before last year?

But how did Crossman do in prior seasons before last year?
That's a good question.. he did last couple of years in Buffalo. BUT he was fired by Detroit in 2013 which makes for 2 firings in 5 years - which I wasn't aware of until now
The Detroit Lions parted ways with special teams coordinator Danny Crossman. He has already joined the Buffalo Bills in the same capacity, the Bills announced Monday.
The team announced Monday that Crossman would not return next season. Crossman's coaching was scrutinized after Detroit became the first team since at least 1940 to give up a kickoff and a punt return for touchdowns in consecutive games last season.

Apparently Crossman sucked in 2016, did great in 2017 but regressed in 2018 and the Bills decided to move on. I'm not very thrilled by him.
The Buffalo Bills’ special teams took the biggest step forward of any team in the NFL in 2017.
The Bills finished tied for seventh overall in Rick Gosselin’s annual rankings of the league’s 32 special-teams units, an increase of 17 spots from their No. 24 finish in 2016. Gosselin’s rankings, which are compiled by assigning points based on a team’s finish in 22 kicking game categories, are accepted as the league standard. Teams earn one point for finishing first in the league and 32 points for finishing last.
Buffalo had a total of 309.5 points in 2017. The Los Angeles Rams led the league with 196.5 points, the first time a team has ever finished with fewer than 200 points in Gosselin’s 14 years of compiling them.
Gosselin pointed to the addition of kicker Stephen Hauschka as being one of the main reasons for Buffalo’s rise. Hauschka went 29 of 33 on field goals, including an NFL-leading seven makes from 50-plus yards. He also hit every one of his 29 extra points, helping the Bills finish as one of six teams with a 100 percent conversion rate.

Back
Top Bottom