Miami Dolphins' Albert Wilson looks good: 'Nothing I can't do now' | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Albert Wilson looks good: 'Nothing I can't do now'

I like Williams over Wilson. Kid is developing into a really good player. And he gives you size while Fuller and Waddle can play the speedy Gonzalez roles.
I value hands and separation ability over size. In fact, I would list those as the most important WR traits. That's why I have Wilson over Williams. I happen to be a big fan of Williams, but I think a healthy Wilson can provide that Tyreek Hill level of impact.

Hollins excels on ST. I think that gets him a spot, no matter how many make the team. Glad I don't have to make the final call. There's some good players at WR.

I value hands and separation ability over size. In fact, I would list those as the most important WR traits. That's why I have Wilson over Williams. I happen to be a big fan of Williams, but I think a healthy Wilson can provide that Tyreek Hill level of impact.
I do too (separation) but we have a couple speed guys now. I like your optimism re comparison to Hill but I can’t say I agree. Hill is in his own world. Wilson is shifty and fast - I like him / don’t love him.

Hollins excels on ST. I think that gets him a spot, no matter how many make the team. Glad I don't have to make the final call. There's some good players at WR.
By the end of last year we had no names out there. Suddenly we are deep!

Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Williams... Bowden, Wilson, Foster, Grant, Hollins, Hurns, Perry... Merrit and Locksley. It could come down to what the trade value is of any of the second group by the end of preseason. While he might not be the best wr in that group, Grant might have the most trade value due to his return skills. You might get a 6th or 7th round pick offered for Grant.

I do too (separation) but we have a couple speed guys now. I like your optimism re comparison to Hill but I can’t say I agree. Hill is in his own world. Wilson is shifty and fast - I like him / don’t love him.
Before his injury Wilson was #1 in the league in YAC. That was ahead of even Hill. That's why I'm optimistic about his potential if he can stay healthy.

He does but I wonder if Foster can give you just as much on STs and give you more at WR? And just something that may be nothing, apparently Hollins is the only player wearing a mask at practice. If he hasn't been vaccinated there could be the concern that he's more likely to miss time during the season. Unvaccinated players have to be tested constantly. Even if he never gets covid you have to include the odds of having a false positive and him having to miss time. I don't know how significant the concern would be, but if you have a tough decision any little thing could be the thing that tips the odds.

He does but I wonder if Foster can give you just as much on STs and give you more at WR? And just something that may be nothing, apparently Hollins is the only player wearing a mask at practice. If he hasn't been vaccinated there could be the concern that he's more likely to miss time during the season. Unvaccinated players have to be tested constantly. Even if he never gets covid you have to include the odds of having a false positive and him having to miss time. I don't know how significant the concern would be, but if you have a tough decision any little thing could be the thing that tips the odds.
Interesting point on Hollins and not getting vax'ed. Many on here think X is selfish and want him out asap. I think what Hollins is doing is what is really selfish. He is putting the entire franchise at risk. Doesn't seem like a team first guy to me at this point.

Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Williams... Bowden, Wilson, Foster, Grant, Hollins, Hurns, Perry... Merrit and Locksley. It could come down to what the trade value is of any of the second group by the end of preseason. While he might not be the best wr in that group, Grant might have the most trade value due to his return skills. You might get a 6th or 7th round pick offered for Grant.
Is it me, or is Hurns the least interesting of the bunch? Some guys on there have value on ST, some we don’t know where their ceiling is etc. Hurns to me is the very definition of a JAG. Not a bad player just doesn’t give you anything special.

Is it me, or is Hurns the least interesting of the bunch? Some guys on there have value on ST, some we don’t know where their ceiling is etc. Hurns to me is the very definition of a JAG. Not a bad player just doesn’t give you anything special.
I thik he might be the less interesting or intriguing wr in that 2nd group, buthis overall play and consistency might be the best of that group too. When healthy Hurns has been a starter or at least a solid number 3 wr. Sounds like he's having a good camp too. I could see him being picked up by some young team in need of veteran wrs. I don't know if a team would be willing to trade a 7th round pick for him, due to his age and injury history.

The bubble guys seem to be Hollins, Hurns, Grant and Foster. Each is unique in his own right.

Hurns, is the crafty veteran who's been a very capable #3 or even #2 at times. He'll get picked up by another team, once he's released by Miami.

Grant, is a dynamic KO returner, but a very inconsistent Punt returner. Too many mishaps as a punt returner and not a very good reciever to boot. He'll get cut sooner or later.

Hollins, is not only, a very good to outstanding special teams player; he's also an outstanding blocker from his WR position. He's the one player, who I think Miami tries to keep above the expected group many are predicting they'll keep.

As for Foster, he's got the chemistry with Tua. He knows how to play to Tua's strength and brings another speed reciever element to the team. Can play special teams as well. I think he's got an outside shot at making the team.

If Miami finds a trade partner for either Williams or Wilson, its very likely Hollins or Foster are their replacement. Otherwise, I think Miami rolls with, Parker, Williams, Wilson, Fuller, Waddle and Bowden.

Back
Top Bottom