Miami Dolphins' Albert Wilson looks good: 'Nothing I can't do now' | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Albert Wilson looks good: 'Nothing I can't do now'

Sounds like Wilson, Grant and Hurns have looked good in mini camp. Even heard Bowden, Foster and Hollins making a few plays. The wr battle will be fun to watch. With Miami's injury histor at the position I might hold off on trading someone until late August. You can go from the 7th or 8th wr in the pecking order to top 3 in the blink of an eye around here.
The best position battle in camp

Sounds like Wilson, Grant and Hurns have looked good in mini camp. Even heard Bowden, Foster and Hollins making a few plays. The wr battle will be fun to watch. With Miami's injury histor at the position I might hold off on trading someone until late August. You can go from the 7th or 8th wr in the pecking order to top 3 in the blink of an eye around here.
when Mack Hollins starts for you at WR, Josh Boyer coming in can't be far behind!

Having Three receivers with that speed on the field in certain sets will be scary….Grant’s time to go has come!

The one wr I admit I'm guilty of always discounting and just assuming he won't be on the roster is Malcom Perry. I just have a hard time seeing him beating out some of the wrs ahead of him.

Having Three receivers with that speed on the field in certain sets will be scary….Grant’s time to go has come!
While I understand what you and others are thinking, Grant as a 6th wr on the roster getting 15 to 20 targets per season wouldn't be horrible. The problem is when he's getting the 2nd most wr targets on your team, as he did last year. In small doses Grant is fine. Run him on those speed out routes, crossing routes, jet sweeps, bubble screens, and maybe a few come back or curl routes down field. Just make sure Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Williams and maybe Bowden or Wilson are getting more targets. It is fun to think of a speed pakage with Grant, Wilson, Fuller and Waddle on the field together at times. Deefensive backs isolated in off coverage against all that speed for Tua to pick apart. If Grant could have just one or two big receptions down field, like the catch in had in camp on Wednesday, I would be pleased.

Last edited:
While I understand what you and others are thinking, Grant as a 6th wr on the roster getting 15 to 20 targets per season wouldn't be horrible. The problem is when he's getting the 2nd most wr targets on your team, as he did last year. In small doses Grant is fine. Run him on those speed out routes, crossing routes, jet sweeps, bubble screens, and maybe a few come back or curl routes down field. Just make sure Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Williams and maybe Bowden or Wilson are getting more targets.
The problem is his salary…if he’s not worth it he has to go.

The Dolphins are now at a point where they cannot waste money!

Report: Dolphins players surpass 85% threshold for COVID vaccinations

Im thinking PS for Perry
I could see that, but I just really have a hard time with his size and lack of experience at the position. With so many college teams throwing the ball around a ton there just seems to be so many decent wr in the league that are in that 5th, 6th wr pool or ps type wrs.

The problem is his salary…if he’s not worth it he has to go.

The Dolphins are now at a point where they cannot waste money!
It depends on what you value his return skills at and how the coaching staff sees him as a depth wr. I'm more than ok with letting him go. Even without Grant Miami should have no problems finding a decent 6 wr group out of the players they have in camp. Plus I expect a dozen or more back of the roster quality wrs to be on the market around the league come the end of training camp. When y have 25 or 30 rookie wrs coming into the league that means 20 or 25 wrs who had jobs in 2020 will be on the outs in 2021.

This guy led the league by a significant amount on yardage on passes caught behind the line of scrimmage in 2018, Laundry was a distant 2nd that year. His first year here, he was one of the leagues best receivers before getting hurt. Even after he came back from injury in 2019, he was one of the top receivers in separation. The guy is a throw back and one hell of a weapon when healthy. No way in hell Grant should make this team over him. I don't care about Grant as a returner. Dude has butter hands.

Back
Top Bottom