Miami Dolphins' Albert Wilson looks good: 'Nothing I can't do now' | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Albert Wilson looks good: 'Nothing I can't do now'

This guy led the league by a significant amount on yardage on passes caught behind the line of scrimmage in 2018, Laundry was a distant 2nd that year. His first year here, he was one of the leagues best receivers before getting hurt. Even after he came back from injury in 2019, he was one of the top receivers in separation. The guy is a throw back and one hell of a weapon when healthy. No way in hell Grant should make this team over him. I don't care about Grant as a returner. Dude has butter hands.
Preach.

Stone-hands Jakeem can roll on. But if kept, hopefully the coaches can minimize his damage.

Some like potential. Some like production. Hurns isn't even in most discussions around here. Yet his cap hit vs dead cap are virtually the same and he has produced far more than many of the names so many here consider a lock.

He has managed to average 14 yards per catch over his career with a 58% catch rate and has had a 1,000 yard season. But people want to talk about Bowden, Perry, Hollins, or Grant. I must be missing something. I will agree that he doesn't "look" as exciting on the field but he produces more. Plus he is a Hurricane.

I doubt we cut Waddle or Fuller tomorrow. Ditto on Parker. IMHO Wilson and Hurns are the next two best WR's on the roster. The next WR I'd keep would be Williams. Dirt cheap and the best combination of size and speed to back up Parker's role. We can find someone else to be a gunner and a kick returner.

Parker, Williams, Waddle, Wilson, Fuller, and Hurns gives me a nice mix of speed, size, experience, and proven NFL production. Next year likely Hurns and/or Wilson (and maybe Fuller too) will be gone and we will need to draft another WR.

Gawd you know when Dilfer said Tua was the best 4-verts QB he'd seen at any level? Picture our 4 verts package:

Outside: Parker (4.45)
Inside: Waddle (<4.3 est)
Inside: Wilson (4.43)
Outside: Fuller (4.32)

What a mix of speed and catchpoint ability, everyone of them is a mismatch against an average NFL CB. And with the shiftiness of the inside guys, you could certainly design wrinkles off of 4-verts that make use of their change of direction and route running.

Geisicki (4.55) or Grant (<4.3) can fill in for either Waddle/Wilson inside, Williams (4.6) for either outside WR. So ridiculous

Now imagine if we had a true dual-threat RB....like Aaron Jones. That's why it's really worth considering packaging a pick + one of these WRs for one. That would rival the Greatest Show on Turf days of Kurt Warner's heyday...

Last edited:
Sounds like Wilson, Grant and Hurns have looked good in mini camp. Even heard Bowden, Foster and Hollins making a few plays. The wr battle will be fun to watch. With Miami's injury histor at the position I might hold off on trading someone until late August. You can go from the 7th or 8th wr in the pecking order to top 3 in the blink of an eye around here.
Very true. Injuries add up quick and can happen to anyone anytime

I like Wilson, but I keep seeing Bowden's name pop up as one of the top six. I don't see it. He caught a couple of balls and broke a tackle or two. He admittedly was unsure of how to run his routes correctly leading to confusion at the QB position last year. New Offense, how is he going to adapt knowing he doesn't know the route tree?

Trading Grant will be harder, but I agree... In the long run, I think we'll come up empty and cut him.

I like Wilson, always did... I loudly proclaimed we were in trouble when he opted out. He has a skill set that Tua needed.
Feverdream, do you think we could get a late rounder for Grant?

Back
Top Bottom