Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you

I dont feel like Armando has been as plugged in since the new staff arrived.

also the article doesn’t state much. Worried about Tuas injury (wtipl
February) and they like herberts size.

We know that

I think the worry about Tua's injury history and particuliar this recent hip injury is very real.
The owner himself practically volunteered that information without being prompted too..iirc.

I honestly can't fault them for it.
IMO, There's a very good chance he suffers another or a related injury at the next level.
I don't see him playing a full career in the NFL.

It wouldn't surprise me if Herber goes on to be a stud at the next level.
Especially if he's surrounded by the right talent and given the right coaching for him.

These things are so hard to predict sometimes and i wouldn't want to be the person making those decisions.

I have to feel the evaluation of Tua talentwise is complete other than medicals which of course is key. I also believe there may be the ace in the hole pic because as most of us feel I’m not sure they want to give up the farm if they don’t have to.

The Dolphins might do one of three things with that pick:

Find a way to pick Tagovailoa, either with a trade up or at No. 5 overall. Sure, Tagovailoa is talented, has elite accuracy and shows great leadership. But his extensive injury history and size are reasons for concern.

Find a way to pick Herbert, either with a trade up or at No. 5 overall. Sure, Herbert looks the part at 6-6 and and 237 pounds, has a strong arm, is very mobile, very athletic and is smart. But his accuracy issues in college are real.

For Stephen Ross to publically state his concerns about Tua's injury and health moving forward, speak volumes as to what could transpire on draft day. Herbert surprised many people at the senior bowl. In large part, because in his short time since declaring, he worked with NFL QB coaches on trying to improve. Apparently that work paid dividends, throughout practice week. It gives the impression Herbert is still a diamond in the rough, who a team can mold and get the most out of his ability. And in the NFL, that's all a team needs to take a chance on a player, such as Herbert. Time will tell. But it does sound like Herbert is more than a fall back option @ #5?

I really do not want Herbert, there’s just too many question marks (leadership, love if football, accuracy, decision making). However when I Give it some thought, Herbert reeks of a Chris Grier pick. I’ll root for him, as I would anyone in a fins uniform, but it sucks that we’d likely be in another 3-7 years of purgatory.

My thoughts exactly. My initial reaction was smoke screen, but then as I continued reading I said to myself, well, this would be the total Miami Dolphins thing to do.

I'm with you. I'll pull for whoever they select. However, rooting for and believing in or two entirely different things. Deep down, drafting Herbert smells like another tear down and rebuild would be inevitable in 3-5 years.

I think the worry about Tua's injury history and particuliar this recent hip injury is very real.
The owner himself practically volunteered that information without being prompted too..iirc.

I honestly can't fault them for it.
IMO, There's a very good chance he suffers another or a related injury at the next level.
I don't see him playing a full career in the NFL.

It wouldn't surprise me if Herber goes on to be a stud at the next level.
Especially if he's surrounded by the right talent and given the right coaching for him.

These things are so hard to predict sometimes and i wouldn't want to be the person making those decisions.

agreed. This article just seems like common sense stuff that gets discussed on message boards every day.

we’re worried about how hip and ankles. So is everyone else. No one has seen him move yet

I think Herbert has the potential to be a lot better than people think. He never played on a team with half the NFL level talent that LSU, Alabama, Ohio State or Clemson had this year (covering Burrow, Tua, Fields and Lawrence). Yet he was a successful starting QB at Oregon for 4 seasons. If anything the sheer amount of college tape on him will give teams that hope to draft him a clear idea how to best use his skill set. If Miami decides to draft him, and fully commits to build around him, I see no reason he could not be a solid starting QB.

I think you want every team behind Miami to think they’ll take Herbert, especially if Love is plan B to Tua/Burrow. If you miss out on those 2, you can likely trade back a bit and still get Jordan Love, but only if you can make a team behind you panic and trade up to ensure they get Herbert.

There's still some people inside Miami that like Herbert because of Mike Tannebaum's love of him. He went and saw him play a few times personally.

This article is the most obvious of obvious for Draft Season 101..Teams get reporters to write this kind of info yearly. Not to mention Herbert has had his fair share of injuries too. Missed more games his college career than Tua has, early like Tua as well.

They cant really be that stupid can they? Please no...its been long enough guys.

There's still some people inside Miami that like Herbert because of Mike Tannebaum's love of him. He went and saw him play a few times personally.

This article is the most obvious of obvious for Draft Season 101..Teams get reporters to write this kind of info yearly. Not to mention Herbert has had his fair share of injuries too. Missed more games his college career than Tua has, early like Tua as well.

The best anyone can say is it MAY be a smoke screen but it MAY NOT. I find it interesting those who want Tua see every positive statement as 'proof' while those who don't see it as 'smokescreen.' And visa versa.

Back
Top Bottom