Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you

I think Herbert has the potential to be a lot better than people think. He never played on a team with half the NFL level talent that LSU, Alabama, Ohio State or Clemson had this year (covering Burrow, Tua, Fields and Lawrence). Yet he was a successful starting QB at Oregon for 4 seasons. If anything the sheer amount of college tape on him will give teams that hope to draft him a clear idea how to best use his skill set. If Miami decides to draft him, and fully commits to build around him, I see no reason he could not be a solid starting QB.

If he gets drafted by Miami he still will not play on a team with half the NFL talent of LSU, Alabama, Ohio State or Clemson.

Last edited:
Your order of QB Picks
Burrow. TUA Love Hebert
Hebert only lacks Leadership factor. How important is that?
Tannehill Leadership factor? why he is gone
Rosen Leadership Factor? Benched
Burrow has it
Tua has it
What about Love - Willing to take risks to help a bad time win - Not afraid to put game in his hands - what do you think that means on a very bad team.

If he gets drafted by Miami he still will still not play on a team with half the NFL talent of LSU, Alabama, Ohio State or Clemson.

Which NFL teams have rosters that are equivalently dominate talent compared to LSU, Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson?
Name the organizations and the ones that also happen to need a QB?

I also know this kind of story is fabricated. Just last month Herbert was 3rd behind Tua and Love according to Barry.

My takeaway? Its gonna be a lot of thse for the next 2 months.

I also know this kind of story is fabricated. Just last month Herbert was 3rd behind Tua and Love according to Barry.

My takeaway? Its gonna be a lot of thse for the next 2 months.
And litterally nothing hapened in that period except for good news about Tua's recovery, somehow it made them cool off on him.

The media bit hard on the smokescreen, its all over twitter that Hebert is now Fins #1 target...

Whoa......

Not fair to compare anyone to Ryan Leaf, that hasn't already had a meltdown.

That guy didn't just have a ****iness issue, or little character flaw. He was fullblown psychologically unstable.

And litterally nothing hapened in that period except for good news about Tua's recovery, somehow it made them cool off on him.

The media bit hard on the smokescreen, its all over twitter that Hebert is now Fins #1 target...

Just like they envisioned.

Not to mention in Herbert's 4 years his signature moment was beating the 4th best B10 team lol

That's the guy you want leading an nfl franchise, amirite?

I mean sure if you want to heckle the guy for not having the supporting cast of a Lawrence, Tua or Burrow.

Did you know there have been 3 drafts since Herbert has started for Oregon? Oregon produced 0 firsts, 0 seconds, 1 third, 1 4th, 2 5ths and 0 6ths in those drafts. 4 guys in 3 drafts.

Clemson will have produced 4 top 17 picks on defense in two years of Lawrence starting. This 2019 LSU team will be littered with day 1/2 picks when its all said and done and Bama . . . .well lol an embarrassment of riches all over.

All I’m saying is when Oregon goes up against these upper echelon teams, they are clearly outmanned all over the field. Herbert doesn’t have the supporting cast to be as confident in his guys to go up and make plays for him. Hell that was a huge part of Joe Burrow’s and Trevor Lawrence’s success the past two championship seasons (in addition to some individual brilliance by them as well).

Miami absolutely should be interested in such a talent. Being interested doesn’t mean they are settled on him . . . Its mid February. But he definitely fits the bill of being a potential franchise QB and there is still a whole draft to be had if Burrow/Tua are not obtainable. You just don’t pick up your ball and go home millennial style if you don't get your way.

I honestly cant understand why there needs to be such a harsh stance against the idea of selecting him.

I mean sure if you want to heckle the guy for not having the supporting cast of a Lawrence, Tua or Burrow.

Did you know there have been 3 drafts since Herbert has started for Oregon? Oregon produced 0 firsts, 0 seconds, 1 third, 1 4th, 2 5ths and 0 6ths in those drafts. 4 guys in 3 drafts.

Clemson will have produced 4 top 17 picks on defense in two years of Lawrence starting. This 2019 LSU team will be littered with day 1/2 picks when its all said and done and Bama . . . .well lol an embarrassment of riches all over.

All I’m saying is when Oregon goes up against these upper echelon teams, they are clearly outmanned all over the field. Herbert doesn’t have the supporting cast to be as confident in his guys to go up and make plays for him. Hell that was a huge part of Joe Burrow’s and Trevor Lawrence’s success the past two championship seasons (in addition to some individual brilliance by them as well).

Miami absolutely should be interested in such a talent. Being interested doesn’t mean they are settled on him . . . Its mid February. But he definitely fits the bill of being a potential franchise QB and there is still a whole draft to be had if Burrow/Tua are not obtainable. You just don’t pick up your ball and go home millennial style if you don't get your way.

I honestly cant understand why there needs to be such a harsh stance against the idea of selecting him.

He sucked against worse pac 12 teams than him. He's never dominated a game. Oregon is easily the best PAC 12 team and he never once had a legit elite performance. That's not enticing at all.

Two years ago Tua was not even the starter. He was doing mop up duty for Hurts and had the 2nd half of the NCSG as his only resume.
Two years ago Ryan came of a season long injury and the Dolphins put still all their marbles into him.

What I'm saying is, theyve been enamored with him since his 2nd half comeback. It's been documented.

Because if you have watched Tua and Herbert play the QB position, you know who is the better prospect/player. Simple as that. Its not even really close. Tua has always been that dude. He was a 5 star coming in and followed that up with being one of the best QBs ever in college football. Why mess around with Herbert when you are staring at a potentially elite QB? Sure hes been injured but what good QB as not been able to play in the NFL because of injuries in the past 20 years? People bring up RG3 but hes still playing. He's just not good enough to be a starter haha

Back
Top Bottom