Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you

Wait, you still don't understand that tanking comes from the front office and not the coaches/players?

How? Egg on their faces? Lol wut?

Tanking? Again? Really?

Oh boy, this thread gon be a doo ooo ooo ooozy.

There is a lot of hyperbole here. What determines Oregon having the most NFL ready team? I mean that is what we are talking here aren't we.

There have been 99 Pac-12 players drafted in the 3 drafts since Herbert has started . . . .Oregon has 6 of those 99 players . . . None of which were drafted in rounds 1 or 2 and only 1 in round 3 and 1 in round 4. There is nothing “easily” accomplished about any of that.

If anything it suggest Herbert getting the most out of his supporting cast based on his team’s success.

What constitutes a legit performance? Because for me it isn’t putting up flashy numbers with maximum time in the pocket and wide receivers streaking down the field wide open for easy throw and catches. Or watching Jamar Chase continuously look like the best player on the field playing like a man amongst boys. Or watching Tee Higgins make uncatchable balls look routine.

Give Herbert 1 of those, just 1, he hasn't had one and yet he is expected to put up the gaudy numbers some of these other dudes do with a supporting cast that is laughable in comparison.

I think its unfair to him and its unfair for anybody to brush off Miami doing their due diligence in regards to a guy with his experience, his prototype makeup and potential as a NFL QB.

I think its fair to say Oregon had the more talented team in every game they played this year outside the Auburn game and that was against a freshman QB that had never made a start. That oline was pretty damn good (arguably the best in college football) and the defense has legit talent on it. Like a top 3 pick at DE leading the way. After 7 weeks, Oregon had the number one defense according to efficiency rankings. Granted they werent the best. Not arguning that but they were pretty good.

Yah I would much prefer they drive the price to acquire said player TT up!!!

Every week they will talk up QBs around Tua get used to it lol

They want to buy low and if they can stay at #5 obviously the best case scenario - but highly unlikely

Detroit probably asked for all 3 2020 firsts already

Yah I would much prefer they drive the price to acquire said player TT up!!!

Every week they will talk up QBs around Tua get used to it lol

They want to buy low and if they can stay at #5 obviously the best case scenario - but highly unlikely

Detroit probably asked for all 3 2020 firsts already

Bro, take a gander at your avatar less ye have forgotten the extent of bias in the atmosphere.

I think too many teams need a QB for any of the top 4 to probably get out of the 10.

I think Miami should probably sit tight at 5 and let the draft come to them.

I don’t want to lose draft capital on highly risky health problem QB.

Carson Wentz is excellent, but he can’t stay healthy.

If Tua can’t stay healthy in Alabama’s loaded team... he’s not likely to accomplish that in the NFL.

injury prone players should be off Miami’s board.
This is how I see the draft as well. And I think, next year the Situation could get ferocious, because the QB class is generally thought of as better than 2020

my issue with herbert is the personality, introvert talk.

i don't think that does well in the NFL. you need leadership skills, some dynamic personality traits.

it sounds hokey but i buy into it. google herbert and leadership and this is what comes up.

red flag to me. people concerned about injury history but willing to snag a guy with these type of concerns?

no thank you

View attachment 38050

Yeah! Who knows how much of that is actually true. But one thing that seems to be very true when you look at the previous SB winners...P.Manning, Brady, Mahommes, Russell etc etc. All of those guys have a command about them that suggest they're the clear cut leader of their teams.

Maybe Flacco, E.Manning and Delifer maybe the only QBs i can think about that were thought of as "introverted" to win an SB.

It's not the most NFL ready team, it's the best team in the PAC 12. Theyve been in the top 3 twice in 3 years with the other the #5 finish in recruiting and they have a good coaching staff to get them prepared as well. That's why I call em the best team. What happens during draft season doesnt change the talent that school has.

I want a potential Miami pick at qb to be a dominate college qb, not one that go by, not one that struggled against the blitz or never upped his game during important games.

Again, the man has not had 1 drafted pass catcher in 3 years and its not a given he has one this year. You want him to up his game beyond what he has done, but he hasn't had the options that others have had to make that a possibility.

You give him a weapon or two, the clock speeds up, the skill player gets open half a second quicker or better yet the QB has the confidence in him to make the tough catch without risking a bad turnover. He doesn't and has never had that option like these other QBs have had . . . .not even close.

You know who struggled against the blitz also in college . . . .Patrick Mahomes. Now he played in a system and a conference that allowed him to put up video game numbers but once the competition got stiff that whole team never had a real shot. He finished his final season 5-7.

Not everybody is Ryan Tannehill if they aren’t some super polished player against the blitz. I think that ends up being a big fear and it really is a bad way of evaluating in the grand scheme of things.

Switch the skills from Oregon and Clemson and see if Lawrence doesn’t take a beating and becomes much slower against the blitz and see if Herbert doesn’t play with a touch more confidence. Digging beyond the surface of what is presented will ultimately determine if we have the right guys in charge, not dismissing every potential prospect because that prospect remInds them of someone that previously failed.

I think its fair to say Oregon had the more talented team in every game they played this year outside the Auburn game and that was against a freshman QB that had never made a start. That oline was pretty damn good (arguably the best in college football) and the defense has legit talent on it. Like a top 3 pick at DE leading the way. After 7 weeks, Oregon had the number one defense according to efficiency rankings. Granted they werent the best. Not arguning that but they were pretty good.

And they were 12-2 and won the Rose Bowl, lead by Herbert.

This is how I see the draft as well. And I think, next year the Situation could get ferocious, because the QB class is generally thought of as better than 2020

Seems like they say that every year....all I heard was how amazing the 2020 class was... it’s funny

Again, the man has not had 1 drafted pass catcher in 3 years and its not a given he has one this year. You want him to up his game beyond what he has done, but he hasn't had the options that others have had to make that a possibility.

You give him a weapon or two, the clock speeds up, the skill player gets open half a second quicker or better yet the QB has the confidence in him to make the tough catch without risking a bad turnover. He doesn't and has never had that option like these other QBs have had . . . .not even close.

You know who struggled against the blitz also in college . . . .Patrick Mahomes. Now he played in a system and a conference that allowed him to put up video game numbers but once the competition got stiff that whole team never had a real shot. He finished his final season 5-7.

Not everybody is Ryan Tannehill if they aren’t some super polished player against the blitz. I think that ends up being a big fear and it really is a bad way of evaluating in the grand scheme of things.

Switch the skills from Oregon and Clemson and see if Lawrence doesn’t take a beating and becomes much slower against the blitz and see if Herbert doesn’t play with a touch more confidence. Digging beyond the surface of what is presented will ultimately determine if we have the right guys in charge, not dismissing every potential prospect because that prospect remInds them of someone that previously failed.

I'd take Oregon's offensive line over Clemson's weapons any day of the week. Best OL on football and still couldn't consistently take over a football game with his arm.

Not to mention he had three 4* WRs this year at his disposal.

Easy pass.

Lol The Dolphins are really going to blow this. Smartest guy in the room approach yet again. If we draft Justin Focking Herbert over Tua, the franchise will be set back by another 8 years.

Back
Top Bottom