Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you

Based on everything since the Senior Bowl, (his getting practice player award and game MVP) I'd say everyone thinks Herberts stock has gone up!

Don't underestimate the Tua hype machine though. It will be much greater than Mayfield's was and his injury will be sold as no longer a factor

What I'm saying is, theyve been enamored with him since his 2nd half comeback. It's been documented.
It has not been documented. Why would any NFL scouting department be enamored with a college QB based on a second half?

This is where all you Tua people totally lose me: just making random crap up. Stick with his performance on the field and compare him to other QBs but this constant "oh we always targeted Tua" or "Dolphins eyed him two years ago" or "we tank for Tua" which turned into "we got all those picks as a backup plan for Tua all along" or "Ross always wanted Tua and he is the boss" etc is utter garbage.
It really feels like guarding children and when explaining something you get this endless loop of "why?" questions.

It has not been documented. Why would any NFL scouting department be enamored with a college QB based on a second half?

This is where all you Tua people totally lose me: just making random crap up. Stick with his performance on the field and compare him to other QBs but this constant "oh we always targeted Tua" or "Dolphins eyed him two years ago" or "we tank for Tua" which turned into "we got all those picks as a backup plan for Tua all along" or "Ross always wanted Tua and he is the boss" etc is utter garbage.
It really feels like guarding children and when explaining something you get this endless loop of "why?" questions.

Well Rich Eisen did say this haha

Pretty cut and dry. I dont know though. Is Rich Eisen a big name?

Well Rich Eisen did say this haha

Pretty cut and dry. I dont know though. Is Rich Eisen a big name?
Really? You are posting a pundit's opinion from last season saying that someone told him who heard from someone that the Dolphins coveted Tua in the same offseason they gave Tannehill a ridiculous extension? :lol:

Every got dam NFL writer/sports writer/any writer got egg in their faces declaring that the Dolphins were tanking - for sure - 100% - no doubt - absolutely.

Get me an article or an interview from 2018 where a Dolphins coach/ GM or any front office person said: we are enamored/eyeing Tua in 2020.

I think you want every team behind Miami to think they’ll take Herbert, especially if Love is plan B to Tua/Burrow. If you miss out on those 2, you can likely trade back a bit and still get Jordan Love, but only if you can make a team behind you panic and trade up to ensure they get Herbert.

I think too many teams need a QB for any of the top 4 to probably get out of the 10.

I think Miami should probably sit tight at 5 and let the draft come to them.

I don’t want to lose draft capital on highly risky health problem QB.

Carson Wentz is excellent, but he can’t stay healthy.

If Tua can’t stay healthy in Alabama’s loaded team... he’s not likely to accomplish that in the NFL.

injury prone players should be off Miami’s board.

He sucked against worse pac 12 teams than him. He's never dominated a game. Oregon is easily the best PAC 12 team and he never once had a legit elite performance. That's not enticing at all.

There is a lot of hyperbole here. What determines Oregon having the most NFL ready team? I mean that is what we are talking here aren't we.

There have been 99 Pac-12 players drafted in the 3 drafts since Herbert has started . . . .Oregon has 6 of those 99 players . . . None of which were drafted in rounds 1 or 2 and only 1 in round 3 and 1 in round 4. There is nothing “easily” accomplished about any of that.

If anything it suggest Herbert getting the most out of his supporting cast based on his team’s success.

What constitutes a legit performance? Because for me it isn’t putting up flashy numbers with maximum time in the pocket and wide receivers streaking down the field wide open for easy throw and catches. Or watching Jamar Chase continuously look like the best player on the field playing like a man amongst boys. Or watching Tee Higgins make uncatchable balls look routine.

Give Herbert 1 of those, just 1, he hasn't had one and yet he is expected to put up the gaudy numbers some of these other dudes do with a supporting cast that is laughable in comparison.

I think its unfair to him and its unfair for anybody to brush off Miami doing their due diligence in regards to a guy with his experience, his prototype makeup and potential as a NFL QB.

Really? You are posting a pundit's opinion from last season saying that someone told him who heard from someone that the Dolphins coveted Tua in the same offseason they gave Tannehill a ridiculous extension? :lol:

Every got dam NFL writer/sports writer/any writer got egg in their faces declaring that the Dolphins were tanking - for sure - 100% - no doubt - absolutely.

Get me an article or an interview from 2018 where a Dolphins coach/ GM or any front office person said: we are enamored/eyeing Tua in 2020.

Just posting what was said. I know Rich Eisen has a big agenda to push for Tua and all. He's not really objective. He's a big dolphins fan that wouldnt have many sources. Just works for NFL network. Small potatoes. Carry on.

Because if you have watched Tua and Herbert play the QB position, you know who is the better prospect/player. Simple as that. Its not even really close. Tua has always been that dude. He was a 5 star coming in and followed that up with being one of the best QBs ever in college football. Why mess around with Herbert when you are staring at a potentially elite QB? Sure hes been injured but what good QB as not been able to play in the NFL because of injuries in the past 20 years? People bring up RG3 but hes still playing. He's just not good enough to be a starter haha

Tua is one of my favorite prospects ever. I would love to roll the dice on him if we got the opportunity, despite the injury history.

But I don’t have tunnel vision either. We aren’t in a position to guarantee ourselves him and Miami rightfully needs to be looking at this QB class and see who can be a contender for manning the QB spot.

I find it hard to believe any scouting team could watch Herbert, both size and physical ability and not be a least a little intrigued. Again, its mid February. These guys get paid all year, let them work.

I think Herbert has the potential to be a lot better than people think. He never played on a team with half the NFL level talent that LSU, Alabama, Ohio State or Clemson had this year (covering Burrow, Tua, Fields and Lawrence). Yet he was a successful starting QB at Oregon for 4 seasons. If anything the sheer amount of college tape on him will give teams that hope to draft him a clear idea how to best use his skill set. If Miami decides to draft him, and fully commits to build around him, I see no reason he could not be a solid starting QB.
Particularly when the NFL adopts the no Blitz rule

my issue with herbert is the personality, introvert talk.

i don't think that does well in the NFL. you need leadership skills, some dynamic personality traits.

it sounds hokey but i buy into it. google herbert and leadership and this is what comes up.

red flag to me. people concerned about injury history but willing to snag a guy with these type of concerns?

no thank you

1581964594520.png

Wait, you still don't understand that tanking comes from the front office and not the coaches/players?

How? Egg on their faces? Lol wut?

There is a lot of hyperbole here. What determines Oregon having the most NFL ready team? I mean that is what we are talking here aren't we.

There have been 99 Pac-12 players drafted in the 3 drafts since Herbert has started . . . .Oregon has 6 of those 99 players . . . None of which were drafted in rounds 1 or 2 and only 1 in round 3 and 1 in round 4. There is nothing “easily” accomplished about any of that.

If anything it suggest Herbert getting the most out of his supporting cast based on his team’s success.

What constitutes a legit performance? Because for me it isn’t putting up flashy numbers with maximum time in the pocket and wide receivers streaking down the field wide open for easy throw and catches. Or watching Jamar Chase continuously look like the best player on the field playing like a man amongst boys. Or watching Tee Higgins make uncatchable balls look routine.

Give Herbert 1 of those, just 1, he hasn't had one and yet he is expected to put up the gaudy numbers some of these other dudes do with a supporting cast that is laughable in comparison.

I think its unfair to him and its unfair for anybody to brush off Miami doing their due diligence in regards to a guy with his experience, his prototype makeup and potential as a NFL QB.

Eat, Kdawg! Eat!:munch:

It's not the most NFL ready team, it's the best team in the PAC 12. Theyve been in the top 3 twice in 3 years with the other the #5 finish in recruiting and they have a good coaching staff to get them prepared as well. That's why I call em the best team. What happens during draft season doesnt change the talent that school has.

I want a potential Miami pick at qb to be a dominate college qb, not one that go by, not one that struggled against the blitz or never upped his game during important games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom