Miami Dolphins In A Good Mood About State Of The Team -- For No Apparent Reason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins In A Good Mood About State Of The Team -- For No Apparent Reason

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins%20Panthers%20Football%20(8).JPG

The Miami Dolphins have a starting QB in Ryan Tannehill (17) but the job for his backup is still undecided. Nell Redmond AP

Adam Gase was in good spirits after his team’s most recent preseason loss. It was almost eerie seeing him talk about the Miami Dolphins’ flaws and areas that beg improvement while smiling and in an apparent good mood.

And one could argue Gase and his team have nothing to frown about because there’s plenty of time to correct what ails them before the NFL regular-season begins in three weeks. One could take the road of leisure, the one with pretty trees and lots of rest stops, to the Sept. 9 opener against Tennessee.

Me? I drive like a maniac and I need to get there yesterday.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article216940050.html

These pre-season games let the coaches see what they have in a player's game time capability, the teams game time unit interactions and players ability to do their jobs under adverse and unexpected situations.

This is the time we pick at our weaknesses and try to eliminate them, not cover them up for the sake of a pre-season win when all the smart teams are working on their weaknesses. Not every one will do well, but knowing who to keep at cut time gives us our best chance for a successful season.

I am glad that Adam Gase is thinking like a coach and not trying to curry favor with anyone by doing the "anything to score" that some folks on this forum want to see just to win a preseason game!

Armando must be counting on RT getting hurt. He finishes the article with:

Oh yeah, and if somebody doesn’t start playing like a consistent NFL backup quarterback, the chances of the Dolphins getting into the postseason become improbable.

So he:
a. Thinks RT is getting hurt for a significant period, or
b. he is being a drama queen.

I take it that you agree we should continue to work on the running game in the red zone so that we are more capable of scoring touchdowns when the season starts?

At this point I don't care what they do to get in the end zone. I just want them to have that mentality that they are going to score TDs. Bend but don't break defenses will love the Dolphin's offense if they don't. Gase said before that the defense is built to sustain a lead. How are you going to do that scoring FGs? He has all of his tools in place, so lets get it done.

At this point I don't care what they do to get in the end zone. I just want them to have that mentality that they are going to score TDs. Bend but don't break defenses will love the Dolphin's offense if they don't. Gase said before that the defense is built to sustain a lead. How are you going to do that scoring FGs? He has all of his tools in place, so lets get it done.

You make a good point.

How should we balance scoring effort (kicking game, running game, passing game) vs. testing and working on specific weaknesses (running, passing, blocking, & tackling) during pre-season games? I'm prepared to leave that to the coaches since these decisions should be made at the point of action (during the game as opportunities and problems are observed).

You make a good point.

How should we balance scoring effort (kicking game, running game, passing game) vs. testing and working on specific weaknesses (running, passing, blocking, & tackling) during pre-season games? I'm prepared to leave that to the coaches since these decisions should be made at the point of action (during the game as opportunities and problems are observed).

IDK man, I'm watching these other teams scoring TDs with their first team offenses and it is just frustrating.
Gesicki so far has zero catches. Parker last week didn't have a ball thrown his way although he was open. It just seems that we are doing things weird in Miami. I'm both frustrated and confused. Hopefully this third game they come out erase my fears.

I saw his presser after the game and thought the exact same thing. He was clearly happy, giddy even, and he’s NEVER like that during pressers.

Made me wonder and hope that he’s playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. But that’s always been my hope since Parcells got here and never reality.

Lol yep. Defense designed to play with a lead...except the offense isn’t designed to get you a lead.

IDK man, I'm watching these other teams scoring TDs with their first team offenses and it is just frustrating.
Gesicki so far has zero catches. Parker last week didn't have a ball thrown his way although he was open. It just seems that we are doing things weird in Miami. I'm both frustrated and confused. Hopefully this third game they come out erase my fears.

Or just making things harder than it needs to be by “outsmarting” everyone.

Back
Top Bottom