Miami Dolphins In A Good Mood About State Of The Team -- For No Apparent Reason | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins In A Good Mood About State Of The Team -- For No Apparent Reason

Maybe it's just me, but everybody is freaking out more this year and it's only pre-season week 2. Offense would've put it in the endzone without the holding calls. Tannehill and Drake looked sharp. I'll worry more if we lay an egg vs Balt Sat night.
I think people are freaking out more this year because of the unrealistic expectations some of them had before the preseason.

There are some legit concerns being mentioned, such as the constant drive-killing penalties, the inconsistent run defense, no one securing the CB2 position yet, our lack of RZ productivity on offense, etc. But I think a lot of the disappointment also comes from expectations not being met, i.e. Raekwon not playing at a high level, or Gesicki not even having one single catch. Things like that.

People just need to be patient, but after years of being let down by this franchise, I kinda understand their frustration.

I do believe we've seen some positive things from the team in both games, but they keep getting lost in all the negativity.

I think people are freaking out more this year because of the unrealistic expectations some of them had before the preseason.

There are some legit concerns being mentioned, such as the constant drive-killing penalties, the inconsistent run defense, no one securing the CB2 position yet, our lack of RZ productivity on offense, etc. But I think a lot of the disappointment also comes from expectations not being met, i.e. Raekwon not playing at a high level, or Gesicki not even having one single catch. Things like that.

People just need to be patient, but after years of being let down by this franchise, I kinda understand their frustration.

I do believe we've seen some positive things from the team in both games, but they keep getting lost in all the negativity.
I've been patient for 45yrs. How much patience is required?

I think we shock the world this year. I think we’re a playoff team. Tannehill looks like a veteran (super calm and colllected). If you don’t design plays down the field, you can’t throw far

I get that the penalties and play calling's been frustrating but you learn best from mistakes and I'll gladly take a mistake ridden preseason if it helps clean things up come the regular season.

They were never good at the screen pass, and apparently Gase wants them to be good at it, so I’m assuming that’s why he ran it so much last night..

I wish he'd try taking the screen pass off the menu for 3 or 4 games. If nothing else it would force you to be a little more aggressive and creative.

I saw his presser after the game and thought the exact same thing. He was clearly happy, giddy even, and he’s NEVER like that during pressers.

Made me wonder and hope that he’s playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. But that’s always been my hope since Parcells got here and never reality.

I don’t think any team shows there hand in preseason. So I kind of think everyone is playing chess in preseason.

So you enjoy sitting in front of the screen and watching the product the organization has put forth for the last 18yrs.? That is interesting. Excuse me for not settling.:rolleyes:

No one enjoys it. It is what it is. I'd imagine a lot of us have been fans from a young age, considering all the crap we've stuck around through. I think you are discounting the fact that most of us just LOVE football. To me, the Dolphins are just as much of a family tradition as Christmas or Sunday gravy. I can't speak for everyone, but I enjoy following other teams. I've been watching Hard Knocks every week & i'm excited to see what the Browns do this year. Am I rooting for them? No, but I do like following some of my favorite Dolphins when they leave the team. Following the league, instead of just the Fins, makes being a fan far more interesting.

I think playing the Pats twice a year screws with a lot of people's minds. That is an aberration, most teams in the NFL aren't dynasties. And that chapter is coming to a close. But honestly, I am not sure if every year championships is something I would even want. That's like being a trust fund baby. If you are gifted everything from the start & never have to struggle, do you truly appreciate what you got?

I know one thing is for sure, Miami fans will appreciate the f out of a Super Bowl when we get one. Appreciate the struggle. It's life.

And "not settling" is what you might you say about a relationship or potential employment, not when you are a true fan of something.

No one is stopping you from rooting for the best producing team each week, flip flopping until someone wins the Super Bowl. There is a reason why that isn't really a thing.

Last edited:
I am concerned about the penalties. Discipline and focus seem to turn in potential TD’s to 3pointers, and the converts to losses in the regular season.t

I used to get bothered by preseason losses, then I noticed the Indianapolis Colts with Peyton Manning routinely lost 3 or 4 preseason games a year and still made it to the playoffs more often than not. This was quite a while ago but it drove home to me that as badly as I wanted to see us win, the preseason is not critical in that regard. I hope this information helps reduce your frustration; at least until our game with the Titans.
My worry is we make the same mistakes. Penalties, FG not TD, etc

If you're really that bothered by it then maybe you need to find a new hobby.

You either accept what is happening or you don't watch. We as fans can only influence with what we purchase and follow. Fortunately for NFL owner, regardless of what is on the field, they will more than make enough.

No pre snap penalties in the panthers game from the 1s is an improvement

Back
Top Bottom