Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net

Nothing obvious about comparing Cutler's play last year to Tannehill. The way you have to twist things to make them seem comparable should get you a medal in gymnastics. I guess comparing what actually happened with the rest of the team in those games is irrelevant in your world. Right...no agenda or logical thinking needed.

Have you been reading the thread? My comparison was in response to FFB who started the comparison by showing team wins each year and attributing it solely to QB play.

Have you been reading the thread? My comparison was in response to FFB who started the comparison by showing team wins each year and attributing it solely to QB play.
Fair enough. But are you telling me the difference in our record last year was because Ajayi ran for 200 yrds twice in 2016, otherwise it would have been similar? Then you did not watch many games the last two seasons. I don't think i am making a great leap to state that.

Score is irrelevant. Fact is there are only 5 times in the top 51 single game rushing where the team with the 200 yard rusher lost. Unfortunately the Dolphins were on the wrong side of one of those 5 with Ricky Williams vs Buffalo. A lot of those 51 games where close games also. But the team without the back can't stop the other team at the end of these games.

Look, not trying to take away from Ryan's 2016 season. But I'm sure if Cutler would have gotten the same results in a couple of the close loses (Oakland, TB) he may have won 8 games also. Also poster was trying to state a 4 game difference and left out the fact that another QB produced 2 of those wins.
Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying, but it sounded like you were saying the only reason we won those two games is because of Jays 200 yard games. Tannehill through for over 250 yards against Pittsburgh and 200+ yards against Buffalo. I was just stating that it wasn't just because of Jay

This is being overblown, if ANY teams loses their starting QB EARLY then MOST teams are screwed and have similar backup situation as we do. Osweiler isn't good but is there a big difference between him and the other 90% of back up QBs?

Some teams do have a better backup QB situation but it's mostly because their starting QB is unknown at this time or was recently signed.

How would you explain backup QB's being a big factor in 3 of the last 3 Super Bowl Champions?

2015 Brock O goes 5-2 to help Denver win Championship
2016 Jimmy G goes 2-0 to help Patriots win Championship
2017 Nick Foles goes 5-1 to help Eagles win Championship.

Backup QB's are very important. Ask the last 3 Champions.
At least Brock has been in the situation before.

How would you explain backup QB's being a big factor in 3 of the last 3 Super Bowl Champions?

So.....we have brock now so we should be fine then.

Foles is the only one that did much there. The other two just needed to not throw the game away. So your point still isn't very strong.

Foles is the only one that did much there. The other two just needed to not throw the game away. So your point still isn't very strong.

Osweiler beat the Patriots in regular season and secured the AFC championship at home.
Jimmy G ensured the Patriots got a bye and easy route to AFC Championship.
Foles just balled out.

All are valid.

Score is irrelevant. Fact is there are only 5 times in the top 51 single game rushing where the team with the 200 yard rusher lost. Unfortunately the Dolphins were on the wrong side of one of those 5 with Ricky Williams vs Buffalo. A lot of those 51 games where close games also. But the team without the back can't stop the other team at the end of these games.

Look, not trying to take away from Ryan's 2016 season. But I'm sure if Cutler would have gotten the same results in a couple of the close loses (Oakland, TB) he may have won 8 games also. Also poster was trying to state a 4 game difference and left out the fact that another QB produced 2 of those wins.
Remember in 2016 when so many were knob-slobbering Dak Prescott and ignoring the presence of the best OL in the league and Zeke Elliott? Well in 2017 did he revert back to a 4th round pick in the consensus of the league decision-makers?

Try operating behind the worst, 2nd worst and 9th or 10th worst OLs in the league like Tannehill has had to contend with. Even with a sub-par low 20s OL, he did manage to be the 2nd or 3rd most accurate long ball passer and had the 4th best QBR from that rare clean pocket. Sort of devalues all those "wish we drafted Dak" whiners back in the day, eh?

One thing to keep in mind is that when you have a running back rush for over 200 yards in the game the outcome is almost always a win. The win percentage is right around 95% when a single rusher gets over 200 yards.

If we take away the 2 wins where where Ryan was given a 200 yard rushing game you will find that both Cutler (2017) and Tannehill (2016) both led the team to 6 wins under similar circumstances.
LOL. Now we're removing wins...

So you could have said 8, but you didn't. Why? Because you have an agenda. Same as always.

Back
Top Bottom