Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net

Look at the stats, Osweiler and Petty are about the 2 worst backup QBs we could possibly find. Gase doesn't want any stiff competition for Tannehill. Just scrubs to throw a few passes.

Exaggerate much? I'm sure you cannot even name half of the backup QBs in the league, yet somehow, you have them all ranked by quality.

NO TEAM brings in "competition" for a starting QB that they have confidence in. Jesus man, the ridiculous crap that gets posted on this site.......

Third Eye, we learned that Tannehill should of had the surgery the first around.

i had no problem bringing in cutler...i thought it was at least something...it just failed. a lot of people were betting on cutler having a resurgence with Gase...

This year there just weren't any QBs that felt right mid-to-late round...there could have been some opportunities...but ultimately that's just a development qb prospect...if you want to get up in arms over that fine, but it's not as big a deal as some are making it out to be.

if tannehill goes down in 2018 we're just as ****ed with osweiler as we would be with a mid-round rookie...there is no competition, there never was going to be competition unless we somehow ended up taking Rosen....

calm down and if we blow it again this year with tannehill it's going to be mission-find a QB....the low-probability pursuit from the middle approach isn't one that is likely ever going to pan out anyway

As I mentioned, we should have rolled with Moore. Season was done once rt went down, and I think Moore could have brought us as many wins as cutler. And we'd have ten million more. It was a stupid decision on a player who was bad in his prime. What did they expect when bringing him out of the booth?
No head coach believes the season is done before it starts. That's losers mentality.

i'm with Russian Bear, and I too agreed with the Cutler decision. At the time, it seemed our best option- bringing in a former starter who knew the coach and the offense.

and if it took $10mil for 1 season- not a bad price at all for a qb, especially if make playoffs.

most were excited/relieved at the time, but now we have all these "expert" posters talking about what a hirrible move it was.

typical human b.s.

No head coach believes the season is done before it starts. That's losers mentality.
Very true. In that case, he showed pretty bad player evaluation in my opinion, to think that Cutler would be the one who could rescue it.

Very true. In that case, he showed pretty bad player evaluation in my opinion, to think that Cutler would be the one who could rescue it.
I asked you before but you didn't reply. who would've saved it, and please don't say Kap. Because it was too late in camp to change the offense for him.

Why would you discount the 4 win differential from 2016 to 2017? Mostly the same roster except for the QB.

And the running back who ran for 200 yards in 3 of those 4 wins that could be the difference in the two seasons.

I asked you before but you didn't reply. who would've saved it, and please don't say Kap. Because it was too late in camp to change the offense for him.
I did reply. I said that I think it was obvious that Cutler wouldn't have saved it because he wasn't good enough in his prime, let alone when pulling him from the booth. I don't think he was ever that much better than Moore, and think we could have won 6 games with Moore to be honest. And I think we could have used that $10 million to better effect plugging other holes.

This was my reply to that exact question you asked:

As I mentioned, we should have rolled with Moore. Season was done once rt went down, and I think Moore could have brought us as many wins as cutler. And we'd have ten million more. It was a stupid decision on a player who was bad in his prime. What did they expect when bringing him out of the booth?

He knew Cutler. It wasn't about player evaluation at that point it was hoped he could give us a little hope after Tannehill went down.

We all knew what Cutler was but there was the hope he could save the season as Moore wasn't going too.

We get it you keep trying to discredit Gase. Hindsight is a great tool isn't it.

Back
Top Bottom