Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net

I completely agree about Moore. I'm speaking totally about our situation though. It was clear cutler wasn't going to be good enough. So wasting the money was stupid.

The more worrying thing is if gase genuinely believed we had a chance with him however. That shows either significant arrogance, or appalling player evaluation skills

No it doesn't. It shows he wanted to attempt to save the season. Would trust Gase here over fans on a forum.

As does over 70% of Finheaven. I've come to understand that there are members who rarely if ever have anything positive, let alone enthusiastic or hopeful to say about anything Fins related. Whether it's a pathology that spills over here from "IRL" or the designated outlet to vent their negativity, who knows. Either way, what I suspect is that some people are happiest when they're miserable.

Maybe because our team has sucked for so damn many years. Us long term fans have been bamboozled into believing we were going to do great things many times in the past only to have our hearts ripped out and stomped on. So pardon us if we don't believe anything. Talk is cheap. Until we see the improvement on the field everything is just lip service. And yes that means getting to a damn Superbowl.

Tannehill doesn't need competition. He's his own competition and a true pro.
Tannehill needs to be moving in order to be effective because he stinks as a pocket qb......One good pop to the knees and the season is over.....And he has no competetion at the qb position in order to push him to do better....Gase is blind.

Tannehill needs to be moving in order to be effective because he stinks as a pocket qb......One good pop to the knees and the season is over.....And he has no competetion at the qb position in order to push him to do better....Gase is blind.
Lots of fail in that post.

Incorrect. RT had CORRECTIVE SURGERY on the knee. In hindsight, he should have had it in 2016. Conservative treatment did not work. He is at 100% and no higher risk of injury than any other player.
His knee injury was neither severe nor uusual. It is fairly routine in the NFL, yet some of you act as if his injury was some rare variant and his surgery was some new experimental technique.
It’s highly suspect that the QB room is markedly better or has less questions this year than last.

I do not like the backup situation but what would you have done to make the team ready in the event of losing RT this year? I don't see any obvious options we could have taken to get a 2018 ready QB with resources we had.

Who would you have here now and how would you gave got him here?
I would have worked to sign a better free agent backup than Osweiller. Options that could be considered (not necessarily saying these are all upgrades) include Bradford, Bridgewater, McCown, McCarron, Savage, Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith and perhaps others. Then found a way to draft a mid range talent even if it included trading up.

Anything happens to RT and we should have a veteran back there who can step in, not another project.

Moore wouldn't have made it through 4 games.
Where do people come up with these scenarios.
They would have rolled with him if he was anywhere above average.
So spending 10 mill on a below average mercenary was a better plan? That's the scenario. Also love how people have randomly decided he's injury prone.

I would have worked to sign a better free agent backup than Osweiller. Options that could be considered (not necessarily saying these are all upgrades) include Bradford, Bridgewater, McCown, McCarron, Savage, Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith and perhaps others. Then found a way to draft a mid range talent even if it included trading up.

Anything happens to RT and we should have a veteran back there who can step in, not another project.
Again I'd like a better backup than we have but just complaining about the situation with no plan to get some of these people makes no sense. Most of tHem arentaeven available.

2017 we planned to enter the year with a supposedly healthy RT, albeit off a “tweak” of his ACL,and Matt Moore who was one of the best backups in the league.

2018 we enter the year with a supposedly healthy RT coming off ACL surgery and Osweiller.

On paper this is a regression. What did we learn?

We learned he should have had surgery to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom