Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net

I would too. Obviously he know more than us. Doesn't stop him making mistakes . That was a huge mistake

It wasn't huge. Seems the biggest reprocussion of that decision is your opinion of him. You're blowing it out of proportion.

I completely agree about Moore. I'm speaking totally about our situation though. It was clear cutler wasn't going to be good enough. So wasting the money was stupid.

The more worrying thing is if gase genuinely believed we had a chance with him however. That shows either significant arrogance, or appalling player evaluation skills

I agree. I would have rather run the wildcat the entire season than bring in Cutlet.

My biggest worry with Gase is he appears to let nepotism affect his player evaluation. We way overpayed Cutler and Julius Thomas was absolutely terrible but we still kept running him out there week after week instead of younger TEs who didn't need a walker to go up and down the field.

2017 we planned to enter the year with a supposedly healthy RT, albeit off a “tweak” of his ACL,and Matt Moore who was one of the best backups in the league.

2018 we enter the year with a supposedly healthy RT coming off ACL surgery and Osweiller.

On paper this is a regression. What did we learn?
That the Eagles beat the odds and we didnt?

Kaepernick, Keenam, McCarron, Bridgewater and probably about a half a dozen other options better than what we have I can't think of right now.
Blech. McCarron was looking for a legit starting spot and isn't even good enough. I'm not a Keenum fan. I'd like to see a healthy Bridgewater, but he wasn't healthy this year and is way less of a sure thing than Tannehill this year, so I don't think that one is a realistic choice. That leaves Kapernick .. ugh. Never liked the player and have grown to dislike the Castro-appologist.

So spending 10 mill on a below average mercenary was a better plan? That's the scenario. Also love how people have randomly decided he's injury prone.
Listen I think Cutler sucks and didn't like the signing, but he's better then Moore. It's sad that you can't see that.
Ya kind of like how people say Tannehill is injury prone,

Cutler sucks and always did in Chicago. Shouldn't have shocked anyone that he was pathetic in Miami. He stole an easy $10 million from the Dolphins.

Again I'd like a better backup than we have but just complaining about the situation with no plan to get some of these people makes no sense. Most of tHem arentaeven available.
They were all available at the start of free agency. It’s too late for a plan now, helllooo

It wasn't huge. Seems the biggest reprocussion of that decision is your opinion of him. You're blowing it out of proportion.
10 million was huge. I really don't think I'm blowing that out of proportion at all.

As I mentioned, we should have rolled with Moore. Season was done once rt went down, and I think Moore could have brought us as many wins as cutler. And we'd have ten million more. It was a stupid decision on a player who was bad in his prime. What did they expect when bringing him out of the booth?

I just wish I could invest the way you GM.

So spending 10 mill on a below average mercenary was a better plan? That's the scenario. Also love how people have randomly decided he's injury prone.

I think most of us who aren't embedded in their agenda could agree that if Tannehill got the surgery, it was likely he'd have picked up where he left off the prior season and we'd have made it at least into the first round of the playoffs. And that collective decision between Tannehill, the team and Dr Andrews really was the single linchpin for what turned into a clusterfork of a season.

whether due to others' injury, attrition, regression, whatever....

I believe Ryan Tannehill will ultimately prove to be the top QB of the very deep 2012 class. We'll see- Russell Wilson and Foles still have a long career, and Luck's injury situation is uncertain.

By ultimately, im talking 8 - 10 years.

it's becoming more and more obvious the anti-tannehill crowd is made up 95% of pure trolls or people that are relatively clueless as to how football and the NFL works.

it will be so nice when the 2018 season arrives and they and their ridiculous posts are swept out to sea by a fresh tide of real football.

Back
Top Bottom