Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Make Ryan Tannehill Risk Even Bigger With No Safety Net

He knew Cutler. It wasn't about player evaluation at that point it was hoped he could give us a little hope after Tannehill went down.

We all knew what Cutler was but there was the hope he could save the season as Moore wasn't going too.

We get it you keep trying to discredit Gase. Hindsight is a great tool isn't it.
I'm not trying to discredit Gase. Don't make out that I have some agenda against our coach, I like him and genuinely hope he's the answer. I just think he made a bad decision. It was brought up earlier in the thread that he believes in Tannehill (I think that was this thread anyway, there are so many Tannehill threads with the same arguments that it might well have been one of the other ones), I mentioned that this in and of itself isn't firm proof that Tannehill is the answer, because Gase has been proven to be wrong about players in the past.

Did you really have hope he'd save the season? If you knew what he was? I didn't really. I had my stupid Dolphin based optimism at times, and tried to convince myself, but when I looked at it with my brain rather than my heart, I knew it was the wrong thing to do.

Nothing to do with hindsight. I said it at the time that I felt we should roll with Moore (I wasn't on here then, but said it to my Fin supporting mate IRL).

I did reply. I said that I think it was obvious that Cutler wouldn't have saved it because he wasn't good enough in his prime, let alone when pulling him from the booth. I don't think he was ever that much better than Moore, and think we could have won 6 games with Moore to be honest. And I think we could have used that $10 million to better effect plugging other holes.

This was my reply to that exact question you asked:
Cutler never made it to the booth, he was only retired for two months. Let's give that a rest. I agree with you that Cutler sucked when he was with the Bears, but he's had years of starting experience compared to Moore starting one or two years of sucking. The plan was to win more than six games.

It is markedly enough better to produce 10 wins in 2016 with essentially the same roster in 2016 as 2017

One thing to keep in mind is that when you have a running back rush for over 200 yards in the game the outcome is almost always a win. The win percentage is right around 95% when a single rusher gets over 200 yards.

If we take away the 2 wins where where Ryan was given a 200 yard rushing game you will find that both Cutler (2017) and Tannehill (2016) both led the team to 6 wins under similar circumstances.

Cutler never made it to the booth, he was only retired for two months. Let's give that a rest. I agree with you that Cutler sucked when he was with the Bears, but he's had years of starting experience compared to Moore starting one or two years of sucking. The plan was to win more than six games.
Yup, I know that was the plan. I just never thought a massive amount of Cutler. He was indeed only retired for 2 months, however, he hadn't played in how long, as he had a long term injury the year before if I recall? I think if you look at Moore & Cutler's stats, there isn't a massive amount of difference between them.

This is also pretty hazy, but wasn't there a report that the other players weren't overly happy with it initially, until Tannehill & Moore stood before the players with Cutler, to tell them that it was Cutler's team now? From what I have read into (and this is all based on reports etc, I've no inside knowledge but could be completely wrong on it), Moore had a lot of respect and friends in the locker room. I feel like they'd have enjoyed playing alongside him.

Beyond all that guesswork, I just never felt that Cutler was that big of an upgrade over Moore. I definitely didn't feel he was worth 10 mill of an upgrade. My own personal opinion, you think differently and that's fine. Let's leave it there.

One thing to keep in mind is that when you have a running back rush for over 200 yards in the game the outcome is almost always a win. The win percentage is right around 95% when a single rusher gets over 200 yards.

If we take away the 2 wins where where Ryan was given a 200 yard rushing game you will find that both Cutler (2017) and Tannehill (2016) both led the team to 6 wins under similar circumstances.
I hate comments like this. "Let's randomly decide to take something away so that we can say QB 1 and QB 2 had the same number of wins."

Yup, I know that was the plan. I just never thought a massive amount of Cutler. He was indeed only retired for 2 months, however, he hadn't played in how long, as he had a long term injury the year before if I recall? I think if you look at Moore & Cutler's stats, there isn't a massive amount of difference between them.

This is also pretty hazy, but wasn't there a report that the other players weren't overly happy with it initially, until Tannehill & Moore stood before the players with Cutler, to tell them that it was Cutler's team now? From what I have read into (and this is all based on reports etc, I've no inside knowledge but could be completely wrong on it), Moore had a lot of respect and friends in the locker room. I feel like they'd have enjoyed playing alongside him.

Beyond all that guesswork, I just never felt that Cutler was that big of an upgrade over Moore. I definitely didn't feel he was worth 10 mill of an upgrade. My own personal opinion, you think differently and that's fine. Let's leave it there.
One of the main reason he was brought in was because Moore can't read a defense to save his life.

Disliking Cutler is 'hindsight' now? How many freakin people on here actually thought smokin jay cutler was going to lead us to jack crap? 10 million isn't a big deal? We cut freaking SUH for 17 mil! And that's not even long term savings, that's short-term-holy-****-tannenbaum-wasted-all-our-money savings for this year, with a big dead cap hit next year to go with it. From the very beginning, it was a terrible signing.

I hate comments like this. "Let's randomly decide to take something away so that we can say QB 1 and QB 2 had the same number of wins."
Totally agree. Lazy thinking to push a narrative or an agenda

Lazy to say Ryan produced 10 wins and Cutler 6 when Ryan only produced 8 and 2 of those were a given with 200 yard rusher. No agenda, just stating the obvious.
Ya and in one of those 200 yard games we won by 3pts.

Lazy to say Ryan produced 10 wins and Cutler 6 when Ryan only produced 8 and 2 of those were a given with 200 yard rusher. No agenda, just stating the obvious.
Nothing obvious about comparing Cutler's play last year to Tannehill. The way you have to twist things to make them seem comparable should get you a medal in gymnastics. I guess comparing what actually happened with the rest of the team in those games is irrelevant in your world. Right...no agenda or logical thinking needed.

Ya and in one of those 200 yard games we won by 3pts.

Score is irrelevant. Fact is there are only 5 times in the top 51 single game rushing where the team with the 200 yard rusher lost. Unfortunately the Dolphins were on the wrong side of one of those 5 with Ricky Williams vs Buffalo. A lot of those 51 games where close games also. But the team without the back can't stop the other team at the end of these games.

Look, not trying to take away from Ryan's 2016 season. But I'm sure if Cutler would have gotten the same results in a couple of the close loses (Oakland, TB) he may have won 8 games also. Also poster was trying to state a 4 game difference and left out the fact that another QB produced 2 of those wins.

This is being overblown, if ANY teams loses their starting QB EARLY then MOST teams are screwed and have similar backup situation as we do. Osweiler isn't good but is there a big difference between him and the other 90% of back up QBs?

Some teams do have a better backup QB situation but it's mostly because their starting QB is unknown at this time or was recently signed.

Back
Top Bottom