Miami Dolphins practice report: New injury issues arise | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins practice report: New injury issues arise

It's fine be aggressive in practice. Cutler gonna throw more ints in red zone but he will score more TDs too

He's actually got the best red zone rating in the fourth quarter in the league if I'm not mistaken...

I think you mean Tannehill

I swear I heard or read this somewhere the last couple days about Cutler.

However, I also remember a thread where it was stated that Tanny had the best red zone rating last year.

This was different, and it definitely pertained to Cutler.

Maybe it's me, but it seems like we've been one of the most snake bitten teams in the league when it comes to injuries for quite some time now. Was The Rock built on cursed Indian burial ground or something? Good gracious!!!!

Not saying he won't make bad decisions or throw INTs in the regular season, but I wouldn't worry about these two INTs from Cutler.

This was his first practice with the first team. The chemistry isn't there, he's getting pressured by guys like Suh and Wake, after months of not touching a football, let alone going up against professional players. There will be some growing pains for him, especially early on.

Now Moore throwing two INTs, don't know what's up about that.

For years we avoided the serious injury bug - problem was that the team wasn't very good. Now that we have a good squad the law of averages is catching up w us.

We lost our starting QB and pro bowl center and safety last year...plus Kiko and Albert for awhile

2009 Pennington went down

Jordan Cameron retired cause of injuries
Countless O lineman have missed every year
Wake missed full season

Those are just off top of my head....we get our fair share every year...this year is more than our fair share

We lost our starting QB and pro bowl center and safety last year...plus Kiko and Albert for awhile

2009 Pennington went down

Jordan Cameron retired cause of injuries
Countless O lineman have missed every year
Wake missed full season

Those are just off top of my head....we get our fair share every year...this year is more than our fair share
Last couple years have been bad. But you have to go back to 2009 to find an instance where we lost a good QB for the year etc. IMO we've been pretty lucky in terms of season ending injuries to top players. Injuries that hurt us in their respective seasons last 10 years are Pennington, Long, Tannehill, MacMillan, Pouncey, Jones. Guys like Misi, Cameron - you can argue the next man up was just as good. This year is shaping up to be the worst since '93 when we lost Marino, Vincent, Offerdahl for the year and we had a SB caliber team.

Great opportunity for Eric Smith. He performed well in the first pre-season game, and the roster is opening up for him to make the team and maybe get some meaningful reps. If James' injury causes him to miss some games, Smith may even get some regular season time starting. Let's see what the kid has. James was a mid-first round draft pick, and we may move on from him after this season anyway, since he hasn't really been a success. The door is wide open for Smith.

Tanny had best QBR but he never throws TDs in red zone just dinks and dunks between 20 and 10 to boost stats

Back
Top Bottom