Miami Dolphins.......Pretenders or Contenders????? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins.......Pretenders or Contenders?????

Miami Dolphins are Pretenders or Contenders?????

• Pretenders

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Contenders

Votes: 28 19.6%
  • Up and Coming not there yet

Votes: 92 64.3%

• Total voters
ESPN just went over the game last night and with our OL each and every individual called us Pretenders. That there is no way that our OL can hold up the next 2 weeks let alone a playoff run!!!! I am pissed but maybe I have my Rose Colored Dolphins Goggles on. FINSUP!!!!!!!!!
You're pissed at ESPN??? You're not pissed at Austin Jackson and Jesse Davis? This is a world upside-down.

I'll tell you after this week. I can see both sides.

We have taken advantage of lower competition, but its still the NFL and it implies we are better than those lower tiers.

Congrats on the win. And Kamara got me just enough points to stay alive and advance in my work money league thanks to nothing from Parker.

Next two games huge for you. I think your offense will need to play much better in those two in order to win.

Our defense make us contenders. Our offense not so much. The old saying of Defense wins championships really pertains to us unless something miracoulous happens with our offensive setup.

You're pissed at ESPN??? You're not pissed at Austin Jackson and Jesse Davis? This is a world upside-down.
Austin Jackson has played well at guard I’m not going to nit pick on him but Jesse Davis needs to be replaced like yesterday. He hasn’t gotten better and he’s always good for a whiff of blocks for clean shots on Tuas backside every game. They need to pick up a vet next year at RT to protect Tuas blindside. The whole O line is still bottom of the barrel but Eich, Jackson, Deiter, and Hunt you can work with, can get better, and gel together. But not Davis that dude just flat out sucks.

Last edited:
Austin Jackson has played well at guard I’m not going to nit pick on him but Jesse Davis needs to be replaced like yesterday. He hasn’t gotten better and he’s always good for a whiff of blocks for clean shots on Tuas backside every game. They need to pick up a vet next year at RT to protect Tuas blindside. The whole O line is still bottom of the barrel but Eich, Jackson, Deiter, and Hunt can get better and gel together. But not Davis that dude just flat out sucks.
Sans a few plays here and there he actually has. People don't realize he is learning on the job. He struggles with stunts right now. I have seen more good things that bad things from him. I'd love to see what he can do with a better OL coach.

Sans a few plays here and there he actually has. People don't realize he is learning on the job. He struggles with stunts right now. I have seen more good things that bad things from him. I'd love to see what he can do with a better OL coach.
I don’t know he just looks lost a lot of times and he’s a vet already. If he hasn’t learned it by now he ain’t ever going to get it, no matter what line coach they use.

I don’t know he just looks lost a lot of times and he’s a vet already. If he hasn’t learned it by now he ain’t ever going to get it, no matter what line coach they use.
He's a vet? He's in his second year learning a position he has never played from an inexperienced offensive line coach on a line that lacks veteran leadership.

He's a vet? He's in his second year learning a position he has never played from an inexperienced offensive line coach on a line that lacks veteran leadership.
He’s most definitely not a second year player, he’s been in the league since 2015. But I do agree with the inexperienced O line coach part.

Last edited:
I think right now the Defense is championship caliber, while the Offense if we continue to run for positive yardage as we did last night is up and coming...As always though all falls on how that O-Line plays.

If the Offense contiues to grow and play with few mistakes, the Offense by the time they play the Pats could be good enough to be in the playoffs.

Play calling has to get better though.

There is nothing wrong with our QB, the OL is what is still making me say up and coming. Tua and the play calling over this win streak (along with the defense obviously) has carried this team. If not for Tua's pocket movement, quick release, and accuracy, we wouldn't even be close to where we are. If you can't see that you are blind, ignorant to the game, or have a serious case of Omar Kelly.

Back
Top Bottom