Miami Dolphins.......Pretenders or Contenders????? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins.......Pretenders or Contenders?????

Miami Dolphins are Pretenders or Contenders?????

• Pretenders

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Contenders

Votes: 28 19.6%
  • Up and Coming not there yet

Votes: 92 64.3%

• Total voters
The Titans game will tell us a lot. This staff needs to come up with a game plan to hit Tannehill frequently and get him rattled. We all know his pocket presence isn’t his strength. We have the secondary that can handle the challenge that AJ Brown presents. So go on the attack.

Get past the Titans, and Mac Jones on the road in a do or die matchup…does not scare me at all.
Agreed. There is absolutely zero reason why the Dolphins can't beat the Titans. The lost 36-13 to the Patriots late November and lost to the Steelers 2 weeks ago. Zero reason why the Dolphins can't win this game no matter how many negative people chime in on this forum.

A silver lining is that it's glaringly obvious what we need to address in FA and the offseason.

I love my team but I voted pretenders.

The defense is legit and we might sneak in playoffs but I can’t see us doing any damage with our offense.

The Dolphins at this point are no more pretenders than just about anyone else in contention for a playoff spot. The Dolphins have some glaring issues that must be resolved. Then again, look around the NFL right now and there aren't many teams that haven't robbed Peter to pay Paul in some manner. No one's good in all areas and those that are haven't played like they are. Some just look better in how they do it.

Defense is good enough but it honestly depends on the coaches. They need to be smart and not be conservative. It all’s starts with trusting Tua. Let the man sling it and not go into conservative mode or try not to lose mode. Tua may make mistakes but he’ll make up for it. It seems like they don’t trust him still and in doing so make things worse like running it twice and putting him in third and long. That’s only harming him, not helping. Stick with the short passing game and let Tua do his thing.

It’s like every week the media goes against
Miami and they just keep winning putting egg on their faces lol

They said Baltimore would wipe the floor with Miami

They said the Panthers would end the streak,

They said They couldn’t beat the saints in the dome.

Now it’s Miami can’t beat Ryan freaking Tannehill lol

Defense is good enough but it honestly depends on the coaches. They need to be smart and not be conservative. It all’s starts with trusting Tua. Let the man sling it and not go into conservative mode or try not to lose mode. Tua may make mistakes but he’ll make up for it. It seems like they don’t trust him still and in doing so make things worse like running it twice and putting him in third and long. That’s only harming him, not helping. Stick with the short passing game and let Tua do his thing.
It still bugs me that Tua seems to excel when the offense gets aggressive and runs up-tempo…..and Flores and his OCs rarely do it.

ESPN just went over the game last night and with our OL each and every individual called us Pretenders. That there is no way that our OL can hold up the next 2 weeks let alone a playoff run!!!! I am pissed but maybe I have my Rose Colored Dolphins Goggles on. FINSUP!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the words "contenders" or "pretenders." IMO, Mia is neither. They're on the contender bubble - not quite there yet, but not 'pretending.' Excluding, say, the top 6 teams, all of them have weaknesses - pass rush, run game, D, receivers, something. Mia is in that group - OL is not THE weakness, but a glaring one. They would have the same struggles against top teams as 25 other teams.

Obviously pretenders but if we have enough wins to make the playoffs it will go a long way towards legitimizing what Flores is doing and gives the team things to build on in the future.

Back
Top Bottom