Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp

But look at how many 'fans' jumped all over it.....almost thrilled.
If a "fan" gets a hard on about their teams QB having a poor day, I don't think I can call that person a fan.
There are some players that I am not a big fan of, but I root for them regardless and I don't spout about their poor performance every opportunity I get.
I tend to think of some of our "fans" as downright trolls but don't want to call names out.

Really don't understand the hate. Whether he was your choice or not at draft time, he is now a Dolphin. If you are here on this site I would assume you want this franchise to succeed. Let's give this young man a fair chance to succeed. Not 1 OTA or even 1 season. Unless a player shows total incompetence why wouldn't you root for his success? If you hate Saban or Alabama fine, but let this young man prove himself.

Personally, I was leery of him pre draft due to his injury. However, I don't think we will find another QB that has the same drive and work ethic to succeed. He is a great role model for the face of this franchise. I have absolutely no doubt that he will be vastly better second season; however, he may not meet some of the inflated expectations some have on this board.

I disagree with that. Tebow was liked by people who didn't even care about football. Tua is liked by Dolphin fans who finally believe we have the qb we've needed since Marino.
I TOTALLY disagree. Tua has a cult following that believe his greatness has nothing to do with football. Go watch his documentary about it. He is supposed to be in the royal bloodline or something. Football is just a stepping stone to that. I love the analogy because both are great men outside of football and it will not be football that defines either of them. Tua is a more well rounded QB but both were exceptional college QBs, both were winners above all else, both are well mannered respectful young men, and both are men of God. There is a lot to appreciate about both men, on and off the field. Personally I would be very disappointed if Tua did not have a better NFL career than Tebow but I know he will be successful in life whether he becomes a great QB or a bust.

tenor.gif

I TOTALLY disagree. Tua has a cult following that believe his greatness has nothing to do with football. Go watch his documentary about it. He is supposed to be in the royal bloodline or something. Football is just a stepping stone to that. I love the analogy because both are great men outside of football and it will not be football that defines either of them. Tua is a more well rounded QB but both were exceptional college QBs, both were winners above all else, both are well mannered respectful young men, and both are men of God. There is a lot to appreciate about both men, on and off the field. Personally I would be very disappointed if Tua did not have a better NFL career than Tebow but I know he will be successful in life whether he becomes a great QB or a bust.
While I agree that there were many Tua fans on here before the Dolphins drafted him, I personally didn’t care if the drafted Tua or not in the 2020 draft. I was extremely concerned if he would even be able to play after suffering a devastating hip injury. I stated before that draft that I didn’t want them to trade up to draft Tua and that I would be just as happy with Herbert as I would be with Tua or one of the other high picks in that draft.

Once they drafted Tua, my view was I hoped he would fully recover from his hip injury and I was happy they didn’t have to use additional draft picks to move up and draft him. Once he became the Dolphins QB, he had my full support. I find it ridiculous that some posters have already decided Tua will be a bust after playing only 9 games in the NFL. Especially considering that a large majority of posters on here didn’t even think he would get on the field last year as he continued to recover from hip surgery.

My view of draft picks is I believe they need 3 years in the league before you can legitimately determine if they have what it takes to be a solid NFL player. So my hope is Tua will develop into that solid starter over the next two year. If he does, the Dolphins will have their QB for the next decade or more. If he doesn’t, they will likely use their 2 first round picks in the 2023 draft to try and draft another QB. I believe Tua will be a much better QB in 2021 but only time will tell.

Tua is a more well rounded qb but Tebow has a huge following outside of football that has nothing to do with football.

Both IMO are well liked for reasons beyond football.

Tua is a more well rounded qb but Tebow has a huge following outside of football that has nothing to do with football.

Both IMO are well liked for reasons beyond football.
… so then you’re saying you actually do agree? ;)

Back
Top Bottom