Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp

But the OP saying that he has “an almost Tebow like cult following” is very valid :)
I know what he's saying. I know a lot of people who love Tebow for who he is and don't care about Tua except if they hate or love the Dolphins. A cult following in Hawaii (and Alabama) is different.

Last edited:
I know what he's saying. I know a lot of people who love Tebow for who he is and don't care about Tua except if they hate or love the Dolphins. A cult following in Hawaii is different.
I’m teasing you for dissecting his basic sentiment which is correct even by your standards - very few players can even begin to imagine having a “cult following” for ANY reason outside of football.

I also think, while it’s not like Tebows, Tua has a following outside of Hawaii… lot of crimson tide dudes/fans who now watch and follow the Fins as a result.

I’m teasing you for dissecting his basic sentiment which is correct even by your standards - very few players can even begin to imagine having a “cult following” for ANY reason outside of football.

I also think, while it’s not like Tebows, Tua has a following outside of Hawaii… lot of crimson tide dudes/fans who now watch and follow the Fins as a result.
I edited my post to include Alabama.

Negative press draws eyes. This isn’t just something in sports. Many people point out that the news on TV is always negative without realizing that’s the intent.

The news isn’t making things up but their focus leans to the bad **** that happens every day.
The news isn’t making things up, except for the things they are making up.

If a "fan" gets a hard on about their teams QB having a poor day, I don't think I can call that person a fan.
There are some players that I am not a big fan of, but I root for them regardless and I don't spout about their poor performance every opportunity I get.
I tend to think of some of our "fans" as downright trolls but don't want to call names out.

giphy-2.gif

Really don't understand the hate. Whether he was your choice or not at draft time, he is now a Dolphin. If you are here on this site I would assume you want this franchise to succeed. Let's give this young man a fair chance to succeed. Not 1 OTA or even 1 season. Unless a player shows total incompetence why wouldn't you root for his success? If you hate Saban or Alabama fine, but let this young man prove himself.

Personally, I was leery of him pre draft due to his injury. However, I don't think we will find another QB that has the same drive and work ethic to succeed. He is a great role model for the face of this franchise. I have absolutely no doubt that he will be vastly better second season; however, he may not meet some of the inflated expectations some have on this board.

What inflated? Throwing for 6000+ yards, having a 52 to 8 TD to INT ratio, while completing 75% of his passes is very doable.

Good to hear and although a critic of the pick I am hopeful that he becomes great
But...saw this in there bucking the narrative
I will not overreact either way

@Safid_Deen
·
18h

Tua was 0-3 in this 7-on, goal line series. He was holding onto the ball too long and looking for open guys instead of throwing guys open at the end of their routes. Igbinoghene had great defense on Parker, too, as Josh said.
And this is the perfect tweet that should show everybody not to swing on practices. Safid tried to sprinkle in a little context, but its guesswork. He has no idea what the goal of the plays were, what was supposed to happen (besides the obvious - a TD). A few other observers stated his receivers let him down, but its all opinion. To say it was Tua's fault, you have to assume everybody else did their job 100% right...

As an outside observer, hanging on practices is just silly...that's where mistakes are supposed to be made and fixed.

I'm just glad to see them out there working together, getting them reps in...

Back
Top Bottom