Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa ‘on a mission.’ How he’s spending his offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa ‘on a mission.’ How he’s spending his offseason

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hope he doesn't burn himself out trying to please the nay sayers

“I show up at his house super early; we put in work. Little break, then he leaves me at the field and he works some more. Then he goes home and watches film. He’s on a mission. He’s different.”

Hicks said that Tagovailoa has “never really had a full year to actually train and get better. Look at what happened to him the last year and a half and he had pretty good rookie numbers. Peyton Manning his rookie year? Terrible. Josh Allen his rookie year? Terrible.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article251153594.html#storylink=cpy

But..... but..... that's his job. :rolleyes:

Love to see my QB getting better.

I get that as he’s been putting in this level of work his entire life. Hopefully, he’s pacing himself. But yeah the truth is not all QBs or professionals are like that at all.

Can’t wait to watch this kid for years!

Last edited:
I get that he’s been putting in this level of work his entire life. Hopefully he’s pacing himself. But yeah not all QBs are like that at all.

Can’t wait to watch this kid for years!
Actually I doubt that he has been putting in "this level" of work his entire life.

That would be virtually impossible.

His entire football life?
Not sure what you mean.

If you are referring to his time in the NFL, then no, he was not able, for various reasons to do this last year.

If you are referring to him as a collegiate, then no, as a student athlete, he could not have dedicated a majority of his time and focus to playing football as a primary job.

What are you arguing? I'm not saying he hasn't always been a hard worker, just that it would have been impossible for him to put in 10 hr days, every day, before becoming a professional.

Tua's out golfing.

dcvczah694z61.jpg

How can people dislike this guy or root against him? Did he screw their girlfriends/wives/moms? If so that's pretty impressive given the amount of time he's dedicated to improving his game. Excellent time management.
When you listen to his trainer describe what he physically had to overcome to even get to where he was last season, you can't underestimate Tua's "grit" that is fueling his drive to succeed. He's an admirable young man who hopefully will represent the franchise with distinction for years to come.

I recall Trent Dilfer basically saying the same things people are saying about Tua now...

Then he comes out and looks like Rick Mirer.

When the ammo is live we can revisit how much work he put in and if it paid off.

If not, this was just another "fluff Tua" thread for the OG Fluffers.

Strongly feel Tua's going to get better and better off-season to off-season.

I watched a Sarkisian coaching clinic on YubTub and he described Tua as the most instinctual Qb he's ever coached. Tua saw things on the field they never practiced and it worked. Sark talked about Tua in glowing terms.

Now that Tua has had an off-season to get his body right coupled with game experience to know how to approach NFL caliber speed, he'll start to play more confident. When his YPA begins to climb he's going to look a lot bigger on camera.

Back
Top Bottom