Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

Dear Lord please no. I am 200% against moving up to the #2 pick ... which we could have had for FREE if we hadn't been stupid. Burning our precious draft capital to see a dead-end 2019 team have a moral victory is the very definition of foolish. Squandering the blood-money of draft capital simply to guarantee we get an injury-prone guy with an average arm, and good but not great accuracy .... not a wise move.

I'm really hoping this is a smokescreen.
Average arm? Good, but not great accuracy?

Lol wut?

I dont know. This place loved chad Pennington and his arm was the definition of limited. He didn’t have burrows toughness or pocket feel but I doubt burrow has penny’s timing and pure consistent ball location.
Not a fan of Noodles like some on here, but I see a lot of Penny in Burrow ~ I mean his arm and the latter half of Penny's career he had incredible timing with his Receivers coming back for the ball ~ But D Coordinators can take away what a QB does well and then what?

I am not sure how Burrow will be when he is playing with everyone his age and older ~ and he has to scarmble to find a WR because he can'y make all the throws ~ I imagine at 220 lbs he will also take a pounding

Oh wait, Tua is 220 lbs but his pre-snap read is uncanny I don't think he hangs onto the play in the NFL trying to make the big splash play like he did in College

I just think you are gonna limit the vertical outs and comebacks in a burrow lead offense. Like I don’t think you are gonna have any opposite hash 18 yard come backs dialed up.

of course the defenses counter will be to try and force you to beat them with vertical pass concepts outside the numbers. Best way to offset that is to have a lot of talent around the qb which will limit the arm exposure conceptually.

This is completely fabricated. Zero truth to it.

The Detroit thing has been a poorly hidden secret for 2 weeks

The biggest concern I have with Burrow is his arm strength. I saw 8 LSU games this season, start to finish, and there are some throws he simply cannot make. His numbers are very misleading...he is incredibly accurate on throws in the middle of the field. His receiving core was extremely talented and they excelled at turning said throws into big plays. At the NFL level you have to be able to drive the ball on out routes and anything to the sidelines in general. I think Burrow has an X-factor to his game, he has great pocket awareness, but he simply doesn’t have the arm Mahomes/Wilson/Watson/etc. have.

“Start to finish” :lol: Anyway I’m not the biggest Watson fan but if you’re expecting any QB in this draft to be of Mahomes or Wilson quality you’ll probably be disappointed.

“Start to finish” :lol: Anyway I’m not the biggest Watson fan but if you’re expecting any QB in this draft to be of Mahomes or Wilson quality you’ll probably be disappointed.

You can’t teach arm talent. Burrow will always have average to below average arm strength. How that plays out down the line is to be seen. It might have no impact on his career. Also, I agree with you on the Mahomes/Wilson and that is kind of my original point in posting. Trying to trade up with Cinny for Burrow is a wild gamble with career ending possibilities for front office guys. I simply don’t see it happening unless Ross steps in and forces it (which has typically been against his MO).

Sileo is definitely not a reliable source. That being said, Tua won’t last until 5. If the redskins draft Chase Young they will have 4 1st round picks on the DL. It would be impossible to resign all of them. They may be looking to trade down. I know a lot of you disagree but I think Tua is comparable to Brees. He clearly wants to be here so I say let’s go up and get him.
How is he compared to drew. He have never played in nfl. **** he cant stay healthy..college football and pros are two different game.

Last edited:
How is he compared to drew. He have never played in nfl. **** he cant stay healthy..college football and pros are two different game.
His accuracy is on par with Brees. I assume neither of us are doctors but I’ve read a doctor state that the hip injury was a result of Tua favoring his ankle as he was tackled. So we can’t say that the guy is injury prone when he got injured and came back to play while still hurt and got re-injured.

His accuracy is on par with Brees. I assume neither of us are doctors but I’ve read a doctor state that the hip injury was a result of Tua favoring his ankle as he was tackled. So we can’t say that the guy is injury prone when he got injured and came back to play while still hurt and got re-injured.

Link to that doctors take? I think it was more about how he was prone with a bent knee and a elevated hip than anything else.

Pretty sure Ross wanted Lamar Jackson, and Grier wanted Minkah. It’s only one example, and it doesn’t mean Ross is some football savant, but still.... that’s a pretty big one lol. Just saying....
Ross put his foot down when Ireland wanted to trade for Kyle Orton including signing him for above what he was worth.:-)

I am not comparing nobody to drew.. you got get ur own style play.
Well I am going be real w u.Tua have to prove he can stay healthy in nfl.. plus he will have to adjust to nfl games. He is great college football player..draft hype guy.. but time will tell in nfl. NFL doesnt lie. We all can be fool..I am not against Tua just concern about that injury history. That best way off putting it..

Last edited:
As I stated in another thread … it doesn't make any sense that any GM would take anything for a chance to draft a "generational talent" at the most important position in football … only a moron or a team that already has such a talent would do that … Every team ahead of us could use such a talent and they have trade bait QB's when it works out for them

So if that is what Tua is then Cincy will pick him .... If he clears his medical ... we will select Burrow (unless LA moves up) or Herbert (unless NC moves up) .... or we go BPA and grab a "second tier" guy at 1b-2a IMO

I guess we could move up to grab Burrow but getting into a bidding war with Chargers/Panthers might be too costly

I hope your right, but there are a lot of cooks working for Miami and I don't even know their recipe, much less what they are shopping for.

I sure wish I did.

As I stated in another thread … it doesn't make any sense that any GM would take anything for a chance to draft a "generational talent" at the most important position in football … only a moron or a team that already has such a talent would do that … Every team ahead of us could use such a talent and they have trade bait QB's when it works out for them

So if that is what Tua is then Cincy will pick him .... If he clears his medical ... we will select Burrow (unless LA moves up) or Herbert (unless NC moves up) .... or we go BPA and grab a "second tier" guy at 1b-2a IMO

I guess we could move up to grab Burrow but getting into a bidding war with Chargers/Panthers might be too costly
Brother neither the Chargers or the Panthers have the draft picks that we have this year. Unless they are willing to mortgage there future on this draft.

Back
Top Bottom