Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

The source this is coming from is a total ****.

Look at his timeline. He supposedly is connected with every person in every organization who personally tells him everything.

Tua a "generational talent" is opinion of some. Not locked in stone. Yes, he appears quite good. Yes, he SHOULD do well in the NFL. I'm very uncomfortable with absolutes.

I agree … was just repeating what I've read on this forum from some … but IF he's all that then every team above us could use him … it's usually a rare opportunity to be in position to choose your QB of the future so why trade it away?

Only Washington (if Newton joins the team) who drafted Haskins …. and maybe NY (who doesn't have a veteran for grooming purposes) could be outliers IMO … but if Tua or Burrow has a higher ceiling then why would a team pass up the opportunity? … seems dumb to me

I actually agree with all of this with the caveat of saying I still think he is the best pass rusher in the draft. Maybe the motor comes on when he gets to the big league? Maybe he thought he "proved" himself and didn't want to hurt himself or something along those lines? Who knows what was in the kids head but I agree with you he takes his foot off the gas pedal sometimes. Imagine if a coach gets him playing to his potential on every play though? Yikes....

That's not something you teach, imo. That's an inherent desire. You want to cause chaos and make something happen on every play no matter what.

That's not something you teach, imo. That's an inherent desire. You want to cause chaos and make something happen on every play no matter what.
I generally agree with you that you cant teach "motor". I just think these kids have a lot on their minds and he has been touted as the best player in the draft since January 2019. He has had to think about his future with every snap. I just wonder if that had anything to do with it. Maybe its not "motor" as much as it is caution. I mean his team was winning by a billion most times, no need to hurt yourself trying to get your 4th tackle for loss of the game. I'm not saying that this is why he slowed down at times, but its something I think about with him specifically.

NFL teams dont care where youre from or grew up. Its a business.

Burrow being from Ohio means very little.

Im thinking it could all be smokescreen. Like IDfin said, if Tua's medicals pass and he is supposedly a generational talent, Cincy cant afford to not take him.

NFL teams dont care where youre from or grew up. Its a business.

Burrow being from Ohio means very little.

Im thinking it could all be smokescreen. Like IDfin said, if Tua's medicals pass and he is supposedly a generational talent, Cincy cant afford to not take him.

There's no way you pass up on Burrow even if Tua's medical is a go.
That's lunacy!

Burrow may not be the pure type of pass Tua is at all.
But, clearly, he has more than enough and that intangible to make things happen under pressure and with his legs.
That's Mahomes, Wilson, Deshawn, Jackson-like stuff and the trend in the NFL.

His drastic improvement from 2018 to 2019 is some scary stuff.
He literally TRIPLE his stats across the board.
You have to ask yourself is that legit or is that an illusion?

My greatest hope is that the territorial advantage the Bengals SEEM to have re: Burrow is just an illusion.

Not everyone in SFla is a cane. Not everyone in the State of Florida is a Gator or nole.

There could be reasons internally why the Bengals don't really want Burrow that no one will know about at this point. Maybe a conflict between the dad (Ohio HS coach) and that organization or some personal thing. Maybe Burrow has voiced internally that he doesn't want to be in cincy. Maybe he has been a Brown fan all his life and would rather go there. Maybe the dysfunction of the brown family ownership...

I will put it this way: I want ANYONE BUT tua because I believe if ross is THAT sold on him, it is for the wrong reasons and not talent-related. ross is NOT a football guy. He is a money/ego/culture guy. That is the realm he thinks in. That is where BUSTS and franchise disasters come from.

My greatest hope is that the territorial advantage the Bengals SEEM to have re: Burrow is just an illusion.

Not everyone in SFla is a cane. Not everyone in the State of Florida is a Gator or nole.

There could be reasons internally why the Bengals don't really want Burrow that no one will know about at this point. Maybe a conflict between the dad (Ohio HS coach) and that organization or some personal thing. Maybe Burrow has voiced internally that he doesn't want to be in cincy. Maybe he has been a Brown fan all his life and would rather go there. Maybe the dysfunction of the brown family ownership...

I will put it this way: I want ANYONE BUT tua because I believe if ross is THAT sold on him, it is for the wrong reasons and not talent-related. ross is NOT a football guy. He is a money/ego/culture guy. That is the realm he thinks in. That is where BUSTS and franchise disasters come from.

Sorry but Ross is reinforced by the fact that he wanted the NFL MVP and his GM did not. Honestly half this board could do better drafting than our FO has done over the years. I know one thing if we trade up to #1 we are taking Burrow, if we trade to #2 or #3 it is for Tua. With both prospects fairly even ALL teams would take Burrow over Tua post injury. Being from Ohio is the icing on the cake.

Pretty sure Ross wanted Lamar Jackson, and Grier wanted Minkah. It’s only one example, and it doesn’t mean Ross is some football savant, but still.... that’s a pretty big one lol. Just saying....

There's no way you pass up on Burrow even if Tua's medical is a go.
That's lunacy!

Burrow may not be the pure type of pass Tua is at all.
But, clearly, he has more than enough and that intangible to make things happen under pressure and with his legs.
That's Mahomes, Wilson, Deshawn, Jackson-like stuff and the trend in the NFL.

His drastic improvement from 2018 to 2019 is some scary stuff.
He literally TRIPLE his stats across the board.
You have to ask yourself is that legit or is that an illusion?

The biggest concern I have with Burrow is his arm strength. I saw 8 LSU games this season, start to finish, and there are some throws he simply cannot make. His numbers are very misleading...he is incredibly accurate on throws in the middle of the field. His receiving core was extremely talented and they excelled at turning said throws into big plays. At the NFL level you have to be able to drive the ball on out routes and anything to the sidelines in general. I think Burrow has an X-factor to his game, he has great pocket awareness, but he simply doesn’t have the arm Mahomes/Wilson/Watson/etc. have.

Dear Lord please no. I am 200% against moving up to the #2 pick ... which we could have had for FREE if we hadn't been stupid. Burning our precious draft capital to see a dead-end 2019 team have a moral victory is the very definition of foolish. Squandering the blood-money of draft capital simply to guarantee we get an injury-prone guy with an average arm, and good but not great accuracy .... not a wise move.

I'm really hoping this is a smokescreen.

The biggest concern I have with Burrow is his arm strength. I saw 8 LSU games this season, start to finish, and there are some throws he simply cannot make. His numbers are very misleading...he is incredibly accurate on throws in the middle of the field. His receiving core was extremely talented and they excelled at turning said throws into big plays. At the NFL level you have to be able to drive the ball on out routes and anything to the sidelines in general. I think Burrow has an X-factor to his game, he has great pocket awareness, but he simply doesn’t have the arm Mahomes/Wilson/Watson/etc. have.
And when the D Coordinators force him out of his comfort areas he will IMHO be a T.O. machine they will like him on the run where he won't look near as elusive as he did against a bunch of guys 3 years younger than him

but if Tua or Burrow has a higher ceiling then why would a team pass up the opportunity? … seems dumb to me
Because said teams are picking at the top of the draft for a reason... They mostly make dumb mistakes over and over again...

The Redskins and Lions passing on Tua isnt any kind of indication of what the right move is...

And when the D Coordinators force him out of his comfort areas he will IMHO be a T.O. machine they will like him on the run where he won't look near as elusive as he did against a bunch of guys 3 years younger than him

I dont know. This place loved chad Pennington and his arm was the definition of limited. He didn’t have burrows toughness or pocket feel but I doubt burrow has penny’s timing and pure consistent ball location.

Pretty sure Ross wanted Lamar Jackson, and Grier wanted Minkah. It’s only one example, and it doesn’t mean Ross is some football savant, but still.... that’s a pretty big one lol. Just saying....
There have been multiple articles written by Armando saying that Ross wanting Jackson was a myth. Don't know why people keep bringing it up still.

Back
Top Bottom