Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

Brother neither the Chargers or the Panthers have the draft picks that we have this year. Unless they are willing to mortgage there future on this draft.

So true my friend … but there are 4 teams ahead of us that could use either of the top 2 QB's in this draft … it's gonna take much needed resources to move up and grab one … here's to hoping we sit and wait …. we need the right guy and we may well jump … but we need more than a QB …. so I'm hoping we stand at #5 and listen for offers .... we have money and draft capital and an enviable position at 5 .... we hold the cards ... don't need to get fleeced by the likes of Cincy Washington or Detroit .... IMO

I worry that we are going to mess this up royally. As in we trade pretty much everything we got for all of those players, move up and take the QB that busts. It would be so Miami.
Are you worried we may shank it?

Im convinced someone will jump us if we try to stay at 5.

Maybe they dont move to 2 or 3, but I can certainly see the chargers going from 6 to 4.

Im convinced someone will jump us if we try to stay at 5.

Maybe they dont move to 2 or 3, but I can certainly see the chargers going from 6 to 4.
Going to four would be foolish. Leaves room for someone to jump them to 3 or for the Lions to pick the QB. IF there's a trade at the top I would expect it to come draft day and it would be the Lions spot that gets traded.

Going to four would be foolish. Leaves room for someone to jump them to 3 or for the Lions to pick the QB. IF there's a trade at the top I would expect it to come draft day and it would be the Lions spot that gets traded.

Im not suggesting we go to 4, just that if we sit back and wait that the Giants would deal that pick away.

I prefer a predraft trade if we are going to move up though. The price of poker goes up every day that goes by, and waiting till draft day panic sets in and we would overpay.

If we were trading down, I'd wait till draft day, but moving up during the draft would be more costly.

Who the hell wants Chase Young over a QB?
Who the hell wants Chase Young over Isaiah Simmons?

You lost your mind trading a #26 pick to go from #5 to #3 to draft C.Young.

I wasn't going to reply to this because you lost complete credibility with me after saying this but when I read this quote from an article I am currently reading I knew I had to reply.

"Ohio State's edge rusher Chase Young is widely viewed as the top non-QB prospect in the class"

Funny how they didn't even mention Isaiah Simmons at all. Want to know why because you are in the minority on this matter. Isaiah Simmons at 5 is smart... Isaiah Simmons in the top 3 makes no sense.

I don't think Miami should give up the farm to move to 1 or 2. The price to move up to either spot will be too much. They should sit tight at 5 and see how it plays out. They have invested in the future and there are too many holes to fill to be giving away the draft to move up a few spots. Any half competent GM should be able to get at least 5 starters in this draft (barring injury) They have plenty of cap space to get another 2-3 quality starters in FA. They could do a complete rebuild in 2 years with the draft ammo they have these next 2 years plus all the cap space. That is if they do not give away the draft picks to move up a few spots.

I don't think Miami should give up the farm to move to 1 or 2. The price to move up to either spot will be too much. They should sit tight at 5 and see how it plays out. They have invested in the future and there are too many holes to fill to be giving away the draft to move up a few spots. Any half competent GM should be able to get at least 5 starters in this draft (barring injury) They have plenty of cap space to get another 2-3 quality starters in FA. They could do a complete rebuild in 2 years with the draft ammo they have these next 2 years plus all the cap space. That is if they do not give away the draft picks to move up a few spots.

There is risk in doing both. But here's the thing, you have never given up too much, if it means you get your QB. They matter that much. They have the assets to do it this year. Unless they are fully confident their guy will be there at 5, you have to explore trading to 3. You just hope they're being honest with you about what they are being offered to move down. The advantage Miami gives Detroit is it's only two spots back and they can still land an impact defender at five.

I absolutely agree. It just doesn’t make sense to give up all these trade assets we got to select a QB.
They need to stay at 5 and see how it plays out. If both Tua and Burrow are gone by then, you see if anyone wants to jump up to 5 ahead of the Chargers to take Herbert.

In that scenario even the Chargers might be willing to trade with us to move up 1and make sure they get Herbert.
You could easily pick up an extra 3rd or maybe even second next year to move down one spot (obviously that’s if the Dolphins think that Herbert IS NOT their guy)

When it all plays out you could end up with an impact player like Simmons or Okudah at 6 and still have a chance to draft a project QB ( Eason, Love) and have extra picks in doing that.

Sileo is a Sham. The guy says all kinds of stuff to get attention. I don't ordinarily believe his bull, but in a year where it looks like Miami will take a QB high, it's not out of the realm of possibility, Miami is doing due diligence. Burrow has a mediocre arm and Tua has a bad hip. What could possibly go wrong? Just so Miami Dolphinish, to have a potential choice of the better of 2 worse case scenarios.

There is risk in doing both. But here's the thing, you have never given up too much, if it means you get your QB. They matter that much. They have the assets to do it this year. Unless they are fully confident their guy will be there at 5, you have to explore trading to 3. You just hope they're being honest with you about what they are being offered to move down. The advantage Miami gives Detroit is it's only two spots back and they can still land an impact defender at five.
I beg to differ. You logic suggests that Tua IS the answer, Like a Elway, Marino or Manning. I don't see him at that level at all. I even heard one poster claim "he has the accuracy of Brees" ? We do need much better play at Qb but to 'sell the farm' on a potential "pipe dream" is foolish. Another poster said "we get fleeced by the likes of Detroit, Cinncy or the Deadskins" WTF build up the draft capitol by trading young talent and bend over for a guy that IS NOT a "sure thing"? make me sick

I beg to differ. You logic suggests that Tua IS the answer, Like a Elway, Marino or Manning. I don't see him at that level at all. I even heard one poster claim "he has the accuracy of Brees" ? We do need much better play at Qb but to 'sell the farm' on a potential "pipe dream" is foolish. Another poster said "we get fleeced by the likes of Detroit, Cinncy or the Deadskins" WTF build up the draft capitol by trading young talent and bend over for a guy that IS NOT a "sure thing"? make me sick
Well, technically no player in the draft is ever a sure thing.. That's why there are always busts. Tua probably has the highest ceiling in the draft out of all the QB's, but the problem was never his ability .. It's about his health. It's a tough decision to make forsure

This trade will involve..... Drum roll please.... The 26th pick and a 3rd for LT Trent Williams. Just my opinion.
Gross he’ll be 32 this season and if Tua is our guy LT is no longer super important so taking on that contract would be terrible.

I absolutely agree. It just doesn’t make sense to give up all these trade assets we got to select a QB.
They need to stay at 5 and see how it plays out. If both Tua and Burrow are gone by then, you see if anyone wants to jump up to 5 ahead of the Chargers to take Herbert.

In that scenario even the Chargers might be willing to trade with us to move up 1and make sure they get Herbert.
You could easily pick up an extra 3rd or maybe even second next year to move down one spot (obviously that’s if the Dolphins think that Herbert IS NOT their guy)

When it all plays out you could end up with an impact player like Simmons or Okudah at 6 and still have a chance to draft a project QB ( Eason, Love) and have extra picks in doing that.
What do you think makes the team better? Taking a non-QB "impact" player and ending up with a lesser QB, or taking the real "impact" player at QB and forgoing a lesser player to do so?

This logic never makes any sense to me. QB is the most important position in all of sports, and it's like you guys have this viewpoint that taking a QB means having to waste a pick that you could've spent on a better player at ANOTHER position... another position that isn't as important as QB.

We've literally spent the last 20 years skipping that QB and taking those other "impact" players and drafting project QBs like Beck, Henne, trading for AJ Feeley etc and it's gotten us where? How is that the right decision? Where is that consistently proven across the rest of the league?

Back
Top Bottom