Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill says he’s not tipping off pass plays | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill says he’s not tipping off pass plays

Do you think the players are being told to say this or do they truly believe this?

• Yes

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Are the Dolphins doing something to tip off defenses about whether they are going to run or pass?A flurry of Dolphins fans, listening to audio of the games on TV, have asserted on Twitter that quarterback Ryan Tannehill is doing exactly that by shouting “go” before passes and “go go” before runs.
Meanwhile, ESPN’s Jon Gruden said guard John Jerry tipped off Tampa Bay during Monday night’s game by turning his head to look at Tannehill on passing plays, allowing an opposing lineman to get a jump on center Mike Pouncey.
Asked Wednesday whether Tannehill says “go” before passes and “go go” before runs, Dolphins tight end Michael Egnew said: “It’s not always that way. … A lot of people think they know and have no idea.”
Tannehill also disputed the notion that he is saying the same thing before every pass.
“I don’t think there’s concern,” he said. “We go against our defense every day throughout camp and OTAs. If we were tipping off something that was so blatantly obvious, they would tell us, and they would be able to defend it.”
Tannehill also said he changes his cadence during the course of games.
Egnew said even if opposing players detect any tendencies such as “go,” it wouldn’t provide an advantage because it’s happening so quickly before a play. (But it could have an impact on play-action passes.)
As for Gruden’s claim, Jerry refused to confirm or deny it. Asked whether he was indeed tipping off Tampa players by turning his head, he said: “I don’t worry about that.”

Sorry, I did not word the poll right. I should have said, "Do you think the players are being told to say this?"

"Egnew said...."

That's enough for me to stop reading...lol.

I don't know why Tannehill doesn't consider it. It certainly couldn't hurt, when you managed to run only 2 yards. Besides, I don't believe him when he says in practice the defense doesn't know when they are running the ball. Channing Crowder laughed on the radio that he knew when they were running, so why wouldn't opponents? Nothing is a problem, ever. They feel they just need to tweak things or make a few more plays. Well, when this regime is out the door because they have a losing season, they can tweak on their couches. The Dolphins seem to be crashing, but if they can pull out some more wins, then they'll keep their jobs, and if not, they won't, it's just that simple.

That's enough for me to stop reading...lol.

I don't know why Tannehill doesn't consider it. It certainly couldn't hurt, when you managed to run only 2 yards. Besides, I don't believe him when he says in practice the defense doesn't know when they are running the ball. Channing Crowder laughed on the radio that he knew when they were running, so why wouldn't opponents? Nothing is a problem, ever. They feel they just need to tweak things or make a few more plays. Well, when this regime is out the door because they have a losing season, they can tweak on their couches. The Dolphins seem to be crashing, but if they can pull out some more wins, then they'll keep their jobs, and if not, they won't, it's just that simple.

I stopped reading after I saw Channing Crowder.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

They say whatever they believe. Sometimes one can lie to himself and believe it.
I will say that there were many plays where Def players jumped just at the snap, as if they already knew the count as well... that kind of pissed me a bit..

On play I saw TB move so quick before the snap. I was like off sides. No flag though.
It was lame seeing them get there before our guys were engaged.

Have you guys noticed how we have almost no false starts?

Think about it.

I have been able to predict every play under center WITHOUT fail since the Ravens game. They're full of crap.

I have been able to predict every play under center WITHOUT fail since the Ravens game. They're full of crap.

Yeah right. Another armchair QB that thinks they know eveything. Send in your resume to Mr. Ross. Under "Highlights of Qualifications" state that you have successfully predicted every play under center without fail since Baltimore and that you are referred to as the "Oracle" of prediciting playcalling. He might give you a job.....or laugh at you like I am.

Yeah right. Another armchair QB that thinks they know eveything. Send in your resume to Mr. Ross. Under "Highlights of Qualifications" state that you have successfully predicted every play under center without fail since Baltimore and that you are referred to as the "Oracle" of prediciting playcalling. He might give you a job.....or laugh at you like I am.

I think he meant that he knows if is a pass or a run.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom