Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill says he’s not tipping off pass plays | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill says he’s not tipping off pass plays

Do you think the players are being told to say this or do they truly believe this?

• Yes

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Ryan Tannehill " I think if there was a problem with us tipping off defenses with our snap count, our defense would have told us."

Jesse Agler ‏@finsjesse 22h
RE: snap counts, @ksims69 just told us Dolphins went "on two" 99% of the time with Marino.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Sorry, I did not word the poll right. I should have said, "Do you think the players are being told to say this?"

My brain still hurts...

Also I would have two lined the poll

1)Do they beleive this
2)Are they being told to say this.

Just saying..

Do you guys really think the dolphins are tipping the defences off with thier cadence and not changing it, really??? Man some people have no clue

The only thing you'd be able to predict is a run or pass. Let's not pretend like you know the exact route or running lane they're going for.

A lot of situations that are going to be run on the field are obvious anyway based on the down and distance.

If Daniel Thomas is in and there's 2 Gos it will be a slow developing off tackle run. Probably to the left. If there's just 1 Go it's a pass, ignore any fake and from there who knows. But yes Sherman loves running Daniel Thomas to the outside.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Do you guys really think the dolphins are tipping the defences off with thier cadence and not changing it, really??? Man some people have no clue
The fact that everyone and their dog has focused on this and the way the Defenses are timing things perfectly, tells me that maybe we are not changing it. This has been an issue for weeks. JJ Watts alluded to it in Tannehill's very first game.

gotta side with RT on this one. check it out; he ain't tipping off pass plays... HE'S TIPPING OFF ALL THE FREAKIN' PLAYS!!

Definitely time to change it up. From now on make it BLOW for pass and BLOW BLOW for runs.

13 ints 37 sacks an 10 fumbles says otherwise. Tannehill is an idiot. He is setting our organization back a decade. A total reach as a 1st rd pick and no one in management with the balls to admit it.

13 ints 37 sacks an 10 fumbles says otherwise. Tannehill is an idiot. He is setting our organization back a decade. A total reach as a 1st rd pick and no one in management with the balls to admit it.

He has 10 picks not 13. Also didn't realize every single sack is his fault. Then you called him an idiot needlessly...

This is such a stupid topic it drops the intelligence of the forums in half. Those claiming it tips anything off are the newly equivalent of "Birthers" or "Truthers" (take your pick depending on your political choice). If this tipped anyone off they would know about it. You people really don't think our staff and defense would realize it right away?

I'm sorry Tanne I like you and all but stop being an idiot. Go is pass, and Go Go is a run. I have yet to see it differently. Atleast do a GO GO play action pass. Come on.

This excerpt from the same article (I think it's the same one?) says it all to me:

"And honestly, our formations and playcalling are so predictable and uncreative that there's really no need to wait until hearing the snap cadence.
Without hearing "Go" versus "Go-Go", you can usually predict our plays. If Tannehill is under center, it's usually a handoff. If Tannehill is in shotgun, we're almost always going to pass because (based on anecdotal observation) I'd estimate we've run maybe 5 halfback draws the entire season despite issues dealing with pass rush, so Daniel Thomas is on the field to pass block, not to run."

Back
Top Bottom