Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill says he’s not tipping off pass plays | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill says he’s not tipping off pass plays

Do you think the players are being told to say this or do they truly believe this?

• Yes

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
There is absolutely NO question whatsoever that defenses are being tipped off as to which is coming. There is no way around it. The ONLY thing that we do other than "go" for pass and "go, go" for run is the silent, foot stomp. And the foot stomp comes in shotgun that are 75% of the time pass plays. Other than that, it's ALWAYS go or go go. It's simple and predictable and putting our already porous line at a bigger disadvantage.

On play I saw TB move so quick before the snap. I was like off sides. No flag though.
It was lame seeing them get there before our guys were engaged.
I know the play you are talking about...it was early in the game, maybe 1st series. I noticed the same thing and it was like he knew the count. This is just so sad on so many levels..are we really talking about something so simple to do but is obviously an issue for this team? Its akin to a Cop pulling you over and then stating he would write you a ticket but he does not understand how to fill out the paperwork.

Have you guys noticed how we have almost no false starts?

Think about it.

You are right, but are they really giving a defense an advantage over not being able to have a disciplined oline and saving 5 yards on a penalty? Circus music please. I could understand just one or two go's, but having one mean a run and two meaning a pass (gosh that HAS to come up during opponents defensive meetings. And I don't care how quickly it happens, it absolutely gives the entire defense a heads up.

Yeah right. Another armchair QB that thinks they know eveything. Send in your resume to Mr. Ross. Under "Highlights of Qualifications" state that you have successfully predicted every play under center without fail since Baltimore and that you are referred to as the "Oracle" of prediciting playcalling. He might give you a job.....or laugh at you like I am.

But think of it this way...Could he make things any worse? Could any of us?

There's really no time for a Defense to adjust during cadence and the snap of the ball. But I'm wondering what the benefit is to the Offense?

I have been able to predict every play under center WITHOUT fail since the Ravens game. They're full of crap.

The only thing you'd be able to predict is a run or pass. Let's not pretend like you know the exact route or running lane they're going for.

A lot of situations that are going to be run on the field are obvious anyway based on the down and distance.

In a game of inches, if a defensive player can make his decision to crash on a running play vs staying back in coverage just a tenth of a second quicker it will make a difference. Why not vary it in the huddle? Or by series? It's not that complex

Ryan needs a REAL QB coach in the worst way...

You people are idiots for thinking you understand the complexities of an NFL offense that you have no access too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's really no time for a Defense to adjust during cadence and the snap of the ball. But I'm wondering what the benefit is to the Offense?

No time for a defense to adjust? LBers hear GO: here comes the run. LBers here Go-go: let's drop into coverage. Same with the safeties who do not have to worry about wondering when to come up for run support or not. As quick as the snap count may seem, or even BE, that is heads up enough to tip the defense and give them a pretty significant advantage.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

You people are idiots for thinking you understand the complexities of an NFL offense that you have no access too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can barely remember the last time you could use offense and complexity in the same sentence with the Miami Dolphins.

Jon Gruden, Channing Crowder and Rich Gannon (and half of the finheaven audience) have all said that they can tell. We don't hear this about Robert Griffin III, or Tom Brady or Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck or any other QB. But we hear it all of the time about Tannehill. What can explain this unusual phenomena? Why is it so? Mike Sherman assures us that we don't have an issue. Ryan Tannehill assures us that there is no issue. Rather than defending the go:go go and the John Jerry head turn to Pouncey, why can't we just mix it up and fix the problem?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Pouncey and Jerry giving away the snap a lot more of an issue?

The defense is still going to read and react to their keys no matter what. You honestly mean to tell me that everyone's abandoning their responsibilities if they hear "go go" and see Ryan holding out the ball because they know it's a run?

Nobody's going to leave Mike Wallace streaking deep in that situation.

Back
Top Bottom