Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Voices Frustration Over Altered Role | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Voices Frustration Over Altered Role

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
They have me in a different role, like they are trying to cut my numbers back or whatever,” said Jones, who had a public spat with defensive coordinator Matt Burke last month, when he refused to re-enter the game against the New York Jets after Burke took him off the field in the first quarter.

“The plays that I’m supposed to make, I’ve been making them,” said Jones, who has 62 tackles, two interceptions and eight pass breakups in 12 games. “My numbers are not going to be the same because I’m playing a whole different position.”

Jones has just 24 tackles and two pass breakups the past month while fellow safety T.J. McDonald has worked closer to the line of scrimmage since the Green Bay game (Nov. 11), which happens to be the game Jones was benched in the first quarter for insubordination following the Jets game.

“Those two guys, they want to get in the action, they want to be down in the box. They’re both good at what they do. It’s just there’s two of them,” coach Adam Gase said last week when explaining the safety dynamic. “So we’re trying to rotate who’s down, who’s back and all of those things.”

More here: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-reshad-jones-20181217-story.html

Basically it’s time to part ways with either Jones or Burke if not both. They both can’t be brought back next season because they’re not on the same page. I would personally would pick Jones over Burke, but I won’t be upset if both are gone next year. Time for some new blood.

The fact that it's a question is ridiculous. ****ING FIRE BURKE ALREADY!!! HE SUCKS. HE'S NOT A GOOD DEFENSIVE COACH. Jones is a bad ass. Put Jones & Minkah as the safeties. That's how it's supposed to be!! God....What whiny assholes this coaching staff. ****ing grow some balls and get rid of them already.

Keep Burke until the end of the season, watch this D get lit up by the Bills in his last game. The guy is completely clueless and Gase is clueless for keeping him. 2 peas in a pod of mediocrity and dissapointment.

Back
Top Bottom