Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Voices Frustration Over Altered Role | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Voices Frustration Over Altered Role

Do other things on offense...with Jay Cutler?

Ok...

Now on to the freelancing. Ajayi was made a scapegoat for the offense's lack of production. Drake came in and he was the back we needed.,,ran for positive yardage, could pass pro...now look at him. The situation doesn't seem the least bit coincidental to you?

Do other things with the offense as a whole. Cutler was the qb because he was available when RT went down. Nobody wanted to move on from RT at the beginning of 2017 and I'm guessing that includes you.

The offense was lacking production because Ajayi was getting the ball all the time and it became predictable, so defences figured out how to stop it. If Gase had kept doing the same thing with Ajayi over and over again, he would have been called an idiot for not adjusting. He wanted to try something else because it was the normal thing to do, so Ajayi started complaining again just like he had done a year before. Had Gase done nothing about it, what message would that have sent to the rest of the team?

As for Drake, the issue is a bit more complicated and it's not only on the running backs. Tannehill and the OL typically struggle on 3rd and long, so the coaching plan is to get them in 2nd and 3rd and manageable as often as possible. That's why the back's main responsibility on first and 2nd down is to get the yards that the play calls for, not to dance around looking to hit a home run. Drake understood that and was successful in 2017, then not so much this year. I don't know what the reasons for that are and we can only speculate at this point. However, Frank Gore is still one of the best backs in the league at gaining the tough yards, so I don't think it was such a bad decision for Gase to go with him on early downs.

Based on some of the comments here, there are quite a few people who hadn't noticed that Jones has ALWAYS had an attitude problem. Always. He's been an on the field prick for as long as I can remember. No one notices him celebrating obnoxiously on a nice tackle when we're down by 20+ points? It happens a couple times in each season. **** like that is annoying.

No question. That is the reason Reshad Jones has always been one of my least favorite players, despite that one undeniable skill near the line of scrimmage.

This era in general is such a sickening contrast to the team-oriented attitude of the '70s Dolphins, and nobody exemplifies the split as much as Reshad Jones.

He was out there doing a hula dance touting himself for the Pro Bowl during a game we were losing, late in a miserable season.

I wish he had been sent away several seasons ago. Our pass defense is miserable every season and nobody seems willing to accept that Reshad Jones is a major reason for it. It is incredible how poor his instincts are. Often on replay I'll watch Jones and he makes the one choice that eliminates him from covering anybody. Anybody. He'll freeze and then make a delayed move in the wrong direction. But even if that direction had been correct he wouldn't get there in time anyway. Check how often the ball arrives and Jones is all by himself, way out yonder.

However, I'll add this about Reshad Jones, in fairness. He has always taken advantage of turnover opportunity and that ability has improved as his career extended. He feasts on weaker quarterbacks so maybe he can get a crucial turnover or two in these final two games.

Jones, like Tannehill, seems to bounce back when his reputation is trending down

The other point is, I get that moving Minkah away from a CB position to FS creates a hole at CB. But, for how much plays > 20 yards are killing us, I think FS has to be the higher priority --- I have a lot more faith in our red zone defense succesfully bending-not-breaking/holding opponents to 3 than TJ mcdonald taking the right angle to stop a big run/pass for a quick 6

The current coaching staff just seems to not be able to maximize the skills of their players and this is on both sides of the ball. Gase has Parker and Gesecki running shallow crossing routes , Burke has Jones and Fitz playing out of position. The only coach that is performing at a high level is Rizzy.

Reading these threads...

I don't know. I'm totally old school and IMO the "blame" and "excuses" are lame -- there's ONLY ONE PERSON

who's 100% responsible for the overall quality of the product on the field -- that includes ALL UNITS and

there respective performance or lack thereof. And that's the HC.

But it's always the OL, or QB, or D coordinator, or lunar cycle when it's ALWAYS the HC!

BNF

Do other things with the offense as a whole. Cutler was the qb because he was available when RT went down. Nobody wanted to move on from RT at the beginning of 2017 and I'm guessing that includes you.

The offense was lacking production because Ajayi was getting the ball all the time and it became predictable, so defences figured out how to stop it. If Gase had kept doing the same thing with Ajayi over and over again, he would have been called an idiot for not adjusting. He wanted to try something else because it was the normal thing to do, so Ajayi started complaining again just like he had done a year before. Had Gase done nothing about it, what message would that have sent to the rest of the team?

As for Drake, the issue is a bit more complicated and it's not only on the running backs. Tannehill and the OL typically struggle on 3rd and long, so the coaching plan is to get them in 2nd and 3rd and manageable as often as possible. That's why the back's main responsibility on first and 2nd down is to get the yards that the play calls for, not to dance around looking to hit a home run. Drake understood that and was successful in 2017, then not so much this year. I don't know what the reasons for that are and we can only speculate at this point. However, Frank Gore is still one of the best backs in the league at gaining the tough yards, so I don't think it was such a bad decision for Gase to go with him on early downs.

Finally, in the shadow of gloom spread by the Hamsters and their droppings this is a bright flash of reason and truth.

Back
Top Bottom