Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Voices Frustration Over Altered Role | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Voices Frustration Over Altered Role

fire burke today.. i keep checking. so many players out of position

I'm really getting tired of Jones's ass....you are being paid like a top 10 safety and you're complaining because the coaching ask you to do something you are not comfortable with.....what happened to the Jones who bragged a couple years ago that he could play any Safety position.

If D was good i would say f him but we suck so put him where he can thrive as he has done in past...pro bowl form

Burke and Gase are clueless man, piss poor eye for talent

He tolerated Landry until that final mental breakdown in the 2nd Bills game last year, then Landry leaves and instead of only taking issue with Gase, he starts to fire shots at his former teammates, Jordan Philips confirmed how dumb he is just a few weeks ago against us, Ajayi is no longer relevant and there are rumors he's still a whiner. Not really sure any of those guys deserved to be kept.
I live on the ourskirts of the Philly metro area and have heard nothing negative about Ajayi since he's been traded.

Philly media doesn't give ANYONE any breaks...so any BS would have been reported on and flamed on WIP.

Gase wanted his team in his image, and it seems he has gotten his wish.

Goes to show that you have to watch what you wish for because sometimes you get it....

I wish these players would shut the hell up. Speak when spoken to. When your better says jump you ask 'how high sir'.

That would be cool and all if they didn’t have a front row seat to the worst defense in franchise history and clearly have more knowledge than the coordinator-czar that apparently answers to no one...

It was like the day TJ was signed and it was basically all support. 'We have our safety tandem for years to come.' 'Good luck getting by those 2.' 'See ya Allen!' Stuff like that. It was a long *** thread and I searched for it but couldn't find it.

There were even people saying McDonald has a better FS skillset. I didn't want to be a downer (again) so I wasn't gonna say anything but I couldn't let that one get by.
I believe you because every time we sign any player who's never played a down for us before (except for the draft), no matter who it is and no matter what the contract is like, most people here support it bullishly

I'm really getting tired of Jones's ***....you are being paid like a top 10 safety and you're complaining because the coaching ask you to do something you are not comfortable with.....what happened to the Jones who bragged a couple years ago that he could play any Safety position.

rashad jones is a one trick pony the same as a mike wallace or desean jackson is on offense. asking wallace or jackson to go over the middle in traffic is the same as putting jones in space. you have to maximize the skill set of your personnel. wallace and jackson are meant to take the top off a defense just as jones should be playing in the box. its square peg round hole by coaches that dont know any better.

Based on some of the comments here, there are quite a few people who hadn't noticed that Jones has ALWAYS had an attitude problem. Always. He's been an on the field prick for as long as I can remember. No one notices him celebrating obnoxiously on a nice tackle when we're down by 20+ points? It happens a couple times in each season. **** like that is annoying.

With each successive contract his value has gone down, and now we're at his biggest contract, playing at close to his lowest level in awhile, all while actually having adequate depth at the position. When they extended TJ I thought it was because they were planning to exit the Reshad contract - then they restructured him? I thought, "ok - what the ****?" I'm not a football guru but I see no plan with the moves this front office makes.

I will also go on the record saying the way they're using Fitz/TJM/RJ is correct if they don't/didn't think they could get anything out of Tankersly (which although he's out now, was a mind-blowing disaster). They needed to do what they could to get the best talent on the field, period. You don't sit TJM when he's your arguably 4th best secondary player... you figure out a way to get them all on the field, even if that means moving TJ and Fitz out of position.

We have depth issues - across the board. And we have coaching issues - across the board. And we have front office issues - across the board.

This team has been deeply flawed for an extremely long time and I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have problems all over the team... Reshad's contract is just another problem on a disease filled team.

Meanwhile Gase is to busy looking at polaroids of the offensive plays to be bothered by whats going on with the defense as it all crumbles apart..
. The quote about Gase basically saying they have similar strengths and not really knowing what to do w that suggests they shouldn’t have signed TJ in the first place. What did they think was going to happen? Buffoonery.

I wish these players would shut the hell up. Speak when spoken to. When your better says jump you ask 'how high sir'.

You forgot one thing: Sir is allowed to lie and cheat his entire life. The American way

I live on the ourskirts of the Philly metro area and have heard nothing negative about Ajayi since he's been traded.

Philly media doesn't give ANYONE any breaks...so any BS would have been reported on and flamed on WIP.

Gase wanted his team in his image, and it seems he has gotten his wish.

Goes to show that you have to watch what you wish for because sometimes you get it....

It's been talked about on this forum...there were rumors that he whined about not being used enough in Philly. Even if it weren't true, it doesn't change the fact that he caused trouble here, starting with Gase's first year when he left him home for the first game because he complained about not being named the starter. You can't win consistently in any team sport unless you have players that are disciplined.

It's been talked about on this forum...there were rumors that he whined about not being used enough in Philly. Even if it weren't true, it doesn't change the fact that he caused trouble here, starting with Gase's first year when he left him home for the first game because he complained about not being named the starter. You can't win consistently in any team sport unless you have players that are disciplined.
  1. It was talked about on this forum, and it was not true.
  2. Ajayi causing trouble was actually him telling Gase the offense wasn't working. I ask you, was the offense working? Is it working today?
  3. He beat out a guy who wound up retiring before the season was over, yet the guy who retired was named the starter.
Ironically, Gase got rid of his most controversial personalities (look up why Green Bay basically gave Sitton away, if we are talking about culture) while at the same time getting rid of three of his more physical players.

1. It was talked about on this forum, and it was not true.
  2. Ajayi causing trouble was actually him telling Gase the offense wasn't working. I ask you, was the offense working? Is it working today?
  3. He beat out a guy who wound up retiring before the season was over, yet the guy who retired was named the starter.
Ironically, Gase got rid of his most controversial personalities (look up why Green Bay basically gave Sitton away, if we are talking about culture) while at the same time getting rid of three of his more physical players.

1. I don't follow the Eagles, so if it has since been confirmed that it wasn't true, then my bad!
2. Ajayi is not a football coach. He is a football player, and not even a great one at that. It is not his job to tell the coaches how to coach, design the offense or name the starters. If every player did that, there would be chaos in every locker room. If the offense doesn't work, sooner or later the coach will answer to the FO and to the owner who hired him. Jay Ajayi is neither GM nor owner of the Miami Dolphins.
3. See no.2.

And by the way, Gase and Ajayi were cool at the end of 2016. Then last year, the whining started again when Gase wanted to do other things on offense because Ajayi as the focal point wasn't working anymore. Teams were stopping him at a high rate and he also began to freelance.

Last edited:
And by the way, Gase and Ajayi were cool at the end of 2016. Then last year, the whining started again when Gase wanted to do other things on offense because Ajayi as the focal point wasn't working anymore. Teams were stopping him at a high rate and he also began to freelance.

Do other things on offense...with Jay Cutler?

Ok...

Now on to the freelancing. Ajayi was made a scapegoat for the offense's lack of production. Drake came in and he was the back we needed.,,ran for positive yardage, could pass pro...now look at him. The situation doesn't seem the least bit coincidental to you?

Back
Top Bottom