Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Voices Frustration Over Altered Role | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Safety Reshad Jones Voices Frustration Over Altered Role

Amazing that we've already witnessed the beginning and ending of Reshad's career as a Dolphin. And Cam Wake's for that matter. Just goes to show how long we've been stuck with mediocrity - Pro Bowl players just wasting away here.

Reshad has always been a favorite of mine, but like others have said- he’s declining and expensive- his time is coming near an end. Someone said he’s always complaining about something and yeah when you think about it it’s kind of true... ride out the contract until it’s feasible to move on, and keep TJ around for now. Minkah can’t move to FS until we have a corner worth a damn... i hope we keep Maurice Smith around, he has the most potential of any other safety on the roster outside the top guys

I agree on some of the players but we could have kept him without giving DE type of money. He's a good hitter but a HOF guy he is not.
But you know the FO would have been blasted mercilessly if he had left.

reshad jones is a great football player that in a LOS role with limited coverage responsibility could wreak havoc. too bad our squar peg - round hole 4-3 wide 9 is a waste of talent for him. in a 3-4 scheme where he can play around the line and in a robber role over the middle in coverage he would boss.

Jones is playing FS because TJ doesn’t have the range to play FS. That long td in the second half had TJ helping over the top. That didn’t work out very well.

If Minkah wasn’t forced into the corner role, either TJ or Jones would have been benched.

Quite frankly, neither TJ or Jones has impressed me in any role this year. They both take bad angles. They both miss tackles, though TJ has been better this season.

Between the wide 9 and the interchangeable SS combination, Burke’s stamp on this team has been pure crap.

This whole D, outside of X and Minkah is subpar. I would hire a 3-4 DC and start the transition. Yeah yeah we don’t have the personnel. Guess what: we don’t have good 4-3 DL and LBs either. So blow up the pansy scheme and install something physical.

i remember the days when we would curse the 3-4. we cant pressure with the 4-3 or 5-2 or with the entire defense blitzing so it doesnt really matter.
3-4 and the opposing qb would have lunch back there before he decided to pass

I wish these players would shut the hell up. Speak when spoken to. When your better says jump you ask 'how high sir'.

Underestimated Allens top end speed I’d say. Preferred baker for carry coverage ask.

That made sense to start the game but no adjustment all game long. Flip the roles this time

Well that's just it no adjustment was a head scratching moment for me. The only reasonable thing I could come up with was that they knew they had another game left on the schedule and didn't want to tip their hand if the last game of the season was for all the marbles. We led most of that first buffalo game so why change it up and put that game plan on tape

Jones is playing FS because TJ doesn’t have the range to play FS. That long td in the second half had TJ helping over the top. That didn’t work out very well.

If Minkah wasn’t forced into the corner role, either TJ or Jones would have been benched.

Quite frankly, neither TJ or Jones has impressed me in any role this year. They both take bad angles. They both miss tackles, though TJ has been better this season.

Between the wide 9 and the interchangeable SS combination, Burke’s stamp on this team has been pure crap.

This whole D, outside of X and Minkah is subpar. I would hire a 3-4 DC and start the transition. Yeah yeah we don’t have the personnel. Guess what: we don’t have good 4-3 DL and LBs either. So blow up the pansy scheme and install something physical.

Mctyer was inside leverage pre snap he flipped to outside post snap but I think that was because he was late to react to the vertical stem.

If tjs suppose to give inside help there from the opposite hash start vs that route concept well they did him no favors cause that’s a lot to ask even with a 100 percent safety let alone a 75 percent with an ankle.

I think mctyer would have taken a more outside pre snap alignment and off vertical stem carry coverage bracket like if he expected inside help.

He looked to me like he was beat and trying to recover. But again opposite hash start point if that is a help coverage vs a clean release vertical stem speed wr I mean we are asking for it to have it thrown over the top of the coverage.

Way I see it miami has no 3rd boundary corner we only have a second cause minkah is playing out of place there.

We need one. I’m sure it’s high on the list

Bobby mccain better hope the new dc believes in clean slates cause if he lets this 18 tape influence him Bobby may not finish out 19 in a Miami uniform.

There’s no excuse for constant contain and assignment issues and that slot vs boundary stuff doesn’t hold water with it.

Last edited:
To be fair, we do bitch and moan quite a bit when we let our good players (let alone pro bowlers) go, regardless of how much they get elsewhere.

Not necessarily you, just this community in general.

Yeah and I’m not trying to start an argument with it but juice Landry isn’t dropping those balls that amendola did yesterday and he’s running thru a ton more contact. He’s gonna roll in for 6 on that one tight red zone drop.

It looks like we let juice go to pay dvp down the road and it appears he’s gonna waste his talent cause he doesn’t have the desire. At least in Miami he hasn’t found it.

It's no surprise Rashad is acting like this at a time when the Dolphins used his contract to take a loan this past offseason, essentially paying him a lot of money from future years in advance in order to create cap space and making it very difficult to move on from him.

Yeah and I’m not trying to start an argument with it but juice Landry isn’t dropping those balls that amendola did yesterday and he’s running thru a ton more contact. He’s gonna roll in for 6 on that one tight red zone drop.

It looks like we let juice go to pay dvp down the road and it appears he’s gonna waste his talent cause he doesn’t have the desire. At least in Miami he hasn’t found it.
Having juice here still would have been great.

But there was lots more going on in that relationship than the dollars. I think Cleveland paid him more than we were ever willing to pay (DVP or no DVP), even if there were no other issues with the relationship.

Just an0ther great player that our coaches or gonna chase out of town. I'm so fed up with this b.s.!

Let me be clear.......RESHAD JONES IS NOT THE PROBLEM

Mctyer was inside leverage pre snap he flipped to outside post snap but I think that was because he was late to react to the vertical stem.

If tjs suppose to give inside help there from the opposite hash start vs that route concept well they did him no favors cause that’s a lot to ask even with a 100 percent safety let alone a 75 percent with an ankle.

I think mctyer would have taken a more outside pre snap alignment and off vertical stem carry coverage bracket like if he expected inside help.

He looked to me like he was beat and trying to recover. But again opposite hash start point if that is a help coverage vs a clean release vertical stem speed wr I mean we are asking for it to have it thrown over the top of the coverage.

Way I see it miami has no 3rd boundary corner we only have a second cause minkah is playing out of place there.

We need one. I’m sure it’s high on the list

Bobby mccain better hope the new dc believes in clean slates cause if he lets this 18 tape influence him Bobby may not finish out 19 in a Miami uniform.

There’s no excuse for constant contain and assignment issues and that slot vs boundary stuff doesn’t hold water with it.

If no safety was supposed to help over the top, it brings up other questions:
1) why wouldn't we have help over the top? We have been beaten like that quite a few times this season with nary a safety in sight.
2) at what point did Burke look at his corners, including in the slot and think to himself "we have 3 lockdowns; they don't need any help"?
3) if the safeties are not supposed to help the corners, why not put in 2 more linebackers? We can be innovators.

Back
Top Bottom