Miami Dolphins should sign punter Matt Araiza so he can kick it to the Bills | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins should sign punter Matt Araiza so he can kick it to the Bills

I don't understand the logic here. What's the problem with adding more talent and more competition?? Add as much as you can and let the cream rise to the top.

Neither Bailey nor Turk are sure things or perennially the best at the position. Bailey was let go by his previous team and Turk has no prior NFL experience.

It's not as if Miami has Ray Guy or Reggie Roby on the roster in their prime.

Regardless of positonal group, the entire idea is to amass as much talent as you can then let things sort themselves out during the Summer and pre-season.

I don't see why anybody here should be against that principle. I mean, is the position of punter among 2 uncertain players somehow off limits to more competition?

Araiza was talented enough to be drafted by an NFL team and a player of his talent at his position doesn't always become available like this. Unique circumstances, for sure. Unless it's cost prohibitive, why not take advantage and take a shot?
Cause we only have 90 roster spots and already have 2 punters on it- you can only add so much “competition”

Hopefully we can find some people to keep our qaurterback safe.

He’s been fully exonerated.
He no longer has a criminal case because it is more difficult to prove guilt in a criminal case. Yet he still has a civil case pending and until that case is determined I still have zero interest in seeing the Dolphins sign him.

This is no different than my attitude in the Watson civil cases and I am not going to be a hypocrite and excuse a punter while I had no interest in trading for a QB who had pending civil cases against him for sexual acts against females.

It simple as far as I am concerned. I’m not interested in the Dolphins signing him at this time but if you or others disagree with me, I respect your opinion.

At this time he has no criminal charges against him but he is still being sued in civil court and that case is scheduled for October 2023.

To me this is similar to the Watson cases and I never wanted Watson because of his behavior. I am just completely satisfied with the punters they already have on the roster and see absolutely no reason to sign a player who still has a civil case against him for rape.

Perhaps once that case is decided I might feel differently if he is cleared in civil court but right now, I hope the Dolphins don’t sign him.

Fair enough.

If he gets cleared in civil court and then sues the people who brought him to court, how would you feel about his character?

The QB has to keep himself safe. The OL has never been responsible for a single Tua injury, going back to Alabama.

Interesting, if true.

I don't get to see all the tape on his injuries, but a detailed analysis of the final responsibility for each hit he took would be enlightening.

Interesting, if true.

I don't get to see all the tape on his injuries, but a detailed analysis of the final responsibility for each hit he took would be enlightening.

Its definitely true.

Tua's injuries are on Tua, OL has nothing to do with them. Now the Matt Milano push was certainly dirty but it was on Tua to not have allowed that to happen in the first place.

Even the hip injury at Alabama.

There is a reason Tom Brady folded up like an accordion the moment anyone was close. See ya on the next play.

Cause we only have 90 roster spots and already have 2 punters on it- you can only add so much “competition”
True.

Why not let the FO continue to "overstuff" the 90 or so roster spots and bleed off the least likely to succeed up to, and even through training camp - in order to give our coaching staff the broadest selection of potentially good players to choose from at the end of training camp.

At that point the coaching staff's decision as to who we keep will be pretty much finalized - as long as they can, with some help from the FO, stay under the league cap.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

If he gets cleared in civil court and then sues the people who brought him to court, how would you feel about his character?
I have no problems with second chances or suing someone who falsely sue an individual. My view at this time is he is still being sued in Civil court for rape and there is no need for any team, including the Dolphins to sign him until they see how that case is resolved.

Interesting, if true.

Here’s a list of Tua’s injuries from college and pro

IMG_9485.jpg

I have no problems with second chances or suing someone who falsely sue an individual. My view at this time is he is still being sued in Civil court for rape and there is no need for any team, including the Dolphins to sign him until they see how that case is resolved.
I agree clear up the mess and we will see.

At this time he has no criminal charges against him but he is still being sued in civil court and that case is scheduled for October 2023.

To me this is similar to the Watson cases and I never wanted Watson because of his behavior. I am just completely satisfied with the punters they already have on the roster and see absolutely no reason to sign a player who still has a civil case against him for rape.

Perhaps once that case is decided I might feel differently if he is cleared in civil court but right now, I hope the Dolphins don’t sign him.

I found this and thought you might find it "enlightening".

"Last December, former Buffalo Bills punter Matt Araiza had his name cleared in a rape case by prosecutors in San Diego. Now, details are emerging as to why Araiza didn't face criminal charges.

Originally accused of being part of a gang rape of an allegedly intoxicated 17-year-old girl in October 2021, a meeting between Araiza's attorneys, the accuser and a district attorney in San Diego led to the charges being dropped.

Documents of that meeting reveal that Araiza could not have led the girl into the reported gang rape because he had left the house party an hour prior to when the attack reportedly occurred.

"He wasn’t even at the party anymore,” deputy district attorney Trisha Amador explained to the girl and her attorneys.
"All I know is that at that point, suspect Araiza is gone from the party.”

During the meeting, prosecutors also said they couldn't determine if the alleged rape was instead merely consensual sex between the accuser and multiple men.

“In looking at the videos on the sex tape, I absolutely cannot prove any forceable sexual assault based upon what happened,” Amador said."

Based on this information, it is clear to me the Araiza was not involved in any way to what happened to the complainant.

What is even more concerning is the real possibility that rape, as opposed to "wild sex", is no longer on the table.

Since the complainant was in the meeting with the DA and the accused and all the lawyers involved when the charges against Araiza were dismissed, I suspect there was an agreement made that Araiza would not counter-sue the complainant for damages from her accusation.

Last edited:
The DA telling the girl she's a liar is enough for me.

Hopefully she's the one facing charges soon. Very, very serious charges.

I haven't really followed the case.

Why was she called a liar
? What was proven to be a lie?

So he wasn't there when the alleged incident took place.
However he admits to consensual activities about an hour prior?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom