Miami Dolphins vs AFC Elite teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins vs AFC Elite teams

xSxPxHx

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
First and foremost I thought this season was a success! The culture has changed and its headed to the right direction in terms of what a team should strive for. However, it looks like Dolphins are still a couple of years of building the team up. Comparing the team to all the AFC playoff teams I still feel there is a significant gap to be considered a playoff team, let alone a championship contendor team. Most can agree that this process will all fall on the shoulders and arms of Tua, but we still need some reinformancements throughout the roster. I believe we have the coaching in place to keep riding this ship towards the promise land.

I guess what Im trying to say in summary is compared to the other AFC teams, we have SO MUCH WORK to catch up. Taking a look at the future of the AFC and their QB's, everyone is young and elite worthy.

Mahomes
Herbert
Burrow
Mayfield
Jackson
Watson
(Lawrence?)
Allen

It is shaping up to be the most competitive side of the NFL that leaves NFC in the dust. I hope that Chris Grier and Brian Flores have a good plan in place to keep this momentum going. I think the 3rd year will be very telling if last year was a fluke or not. The Miami Dolphins QB will obviously be the beacon of how much this team still needs to grow into.

FINS UP!

Four of Miami's six losses were against playoff teams. Except for the blowout loss against Buffalo, the Dolphins were competitive in those other games.

I think Miami is close, but I do agree not quite there yet. I also agree that Tua's development is key.

Hopefully this offseason closes the gap quite a bit.

What would be crazy is of the Jets wound up trading for Watson...

With a new coach, do they become average?

Watson has a no trade clause so he would need to approve the trade essentially. Doubt he would want to go from one **** show to another. It is possible but not very plausible. imo.

First and foremost I thought this season was a success! The culture has changed and its headed to the right direction in terms of what a team should strive for. However, it looks like Dolphins are still a couple of years of building the team up. Comparing the team to all the AFC playoff teams I still feel there is a significant gap to be considered a playoff team, let alone a championship contendor team. Most can agree that this process will all fall on the shoulders and arms of Tua, but we still need some reinformancements throughout the roster. I believe we have the coaching in place to keep riding this ship towards the promise land.

I guess what Im trying to say in summary is compared to the other AFC teams, we have SO MUCH WORK to catch up. Taking a look at the future of the AFC and their QB's, everyone is young and elite worthy.

Mahomes
Herbert
Burrow
Mayfield
Jackson
Watson
(Lawrence?)
Allen

It is shaping up to be the most competitive side of the NFL that leaves NFC in the dust. I hope that Chris Grier and Brian Flores have a good plan in place to keep this momentum going. I think the 3rd year will be very telling if last year was a fluke or not. The Miami Dolphins QB will obviously be the beacon of how much this team still needs to grow into.

FINS UP!
Only one of those that is elite is Mahomes.

What would be crazy is of the Jets wound up trading for Watson...

With a new coach, do they become average?
If they get Watson they can be a huge threat with Gase out. Also, is there any truth that Seattle has contacted Gase for OC? Wtf

IMHO.....We need the following in order to be elite in the AFC:

1) MUCH improved OL play. That includes improvement from Jackson, both guards and a future RT that isn’t on the roster yet. Not to mention that I wasn’t overly thrilled with Karras this year. This has to be figured out.

2) A good/great RB. While I liked what Gaskin brought to the team this year, he’s not a grinder. We need to spend a high draft choice on a highly regarded RB.

3) A game breaking receiver or two or three. Whether through the draft or through free agency or both......We have to improve here.

4) A cover line backer. I would love to see Parsons taken at 3. But I’m not sure he’s our biggest need. Regardless, we still need a linebacker that can cover and blitz.

5) A good/great DE that can get to the QB. I love that we brought pressure from everywhere this year. But I would love to be able to get to the QB rushing only 4. Not our highest priority....But we could use a guy here.

6) A rangy ball-hawking safety. We could get one in the draft. Maybe pick 2 B.

7) An innovative OC that can call plays downfield once or twice a game. I was not impressed with Gailey this year. Let’s see how the search goes this off-season.

Can we cover this shopping list in one off-season? Probably not. But if the young guys improve and we mix in a savvy vet or two....We’re gonna be tough to beat next year.

IMHO.....We need the following in order to be elite in the AFC:

1) MUCH improved OL play. That includes improvement from Jackson, both guards and a future RT that isn’t on the roster yet. Not to mention that I wasn’t overly thrilled with Karras this year. This has to be figured out.

2) A good/great RB. While I liked what Gaskin brought to the team this year, he’s not a grinder. We need to spend a high draft choice on a highly regarded RB.

3) A game breaking receiver or two or three. Whether through the draft or through free agency or both......We have to improve here.

4) A cover line backer. I would love to see Parsons taken at 3. But I’m not sure he’s our biggest need. Regardless, we still need a linebacker that can cover and blitz.

5) A good/great DE that can get to the QB. I love that we brought pressure from everywhere this year. But I would love to be able to get to the QB rushing only 4. Not our highest priority....But we could use a guy here.

6) A rangy ball-hawking safety. We could get one in the draft. Maybe pick 2 B.

7) An innovative OC that can call plays downfield once or twice a game. I was not impressed with Gailey this year. Let’s see how the search goes this off-season.

Can we cover this shopping list in one off-season? Probably not. But if the young guys improve and we mix in a savvy vet or two....We’re gonna be tough to beat next year.
Tua significantly improving has got to be #1 on any list.

Ellie teams have elite QBs.

I was just on Twitter. I was reading a tweet about how Jamal Adams is having a conniption over that possible move.
LMAO, I didn't even think of that. Seriously, how could a team, college or NFL not to mention a vg franchise in Seattle even consider that bum for anything other than waterboy? He has been an absolute disaster the last what 6 years, killing two teams.

LMAO, I didn't even think of that. Seriously, how could a team, college or NFL not to mention a vg franchise in Seattle even consider that bum for anything other than waterboy? He has been an absolute disaster the last what 6 years, killing two teams.
As long as Jamal is cashing those large checks, this is how I imagine the first day if Gase is hired:

Back
Top Bottom