Miami Dolphins vs AFC Elite teams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins vs AFC Elite teams

Or, maybe FA. Ogbah turned out well and didn't cost $100mm. Downside? Unlikely. Nonetheless, Miami will get FAs. Just don't know who yet. Even if not a pass rusher, some holes will be filled in FA
Can't wait to see who actually makes it to free agency. Ogbah was a terrific signing.

I keep seeing the word elite being thrown out...just being a good QB is not elite. Just having nice numbers is not elite. To me elite is being one of the 2-3 best at your position year in year out, so far that's Mahomes and that's about it.
In my opinión top 5 QBs today:
1- Mahomes - Elite
2- Rodgers - Elite
3 - Watson - Elite
4 - Wilson - Elite
5 - Allen - almost there

Top 6 QBs I expect in the future:

Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Allen, Herbert and Lawrence. 5 of them in the AFC.

1- Mahomes - Elite
2- Rodgers - Elite
3 - Watson - Elite
4 - Wilson - Elite
5 - Allen - almost there

That's my top 5 also to be exact.

I’d give them Tua, the 18th pick, one of the 2nd rounders, and next year’s 1.

Trade back from 3 to get that 2022 1 back and potentially a 2/3 2020.
I don't think they would value Tua, I think they would value the 3rd pick so they can Select their own QB.

1- Mahomes - Elite
2- Rodgers - Elite
3 - Watson - Elite
4 - Wilson - Elite
5 - Allen - almost there

I meant in reference to the names the OP listed in his original post. Only one thats elite for me is Mahomes.

Mahomes
Herbert
Burrow
Mayfield
Jackson
Watson
(Lawrence?)
Allen

When we look at our games against the top teams in the AFC, we notice that it is our offense that needs to bring it, even moreso than our defense. It is clear that our defense cannot carry the game every week. Some weeks they're going to go up against an offensive buzz saw, and they may produced takeaways, and a few timely stops ... but when an offense is hitting on all cylinders and our tricks don't work against them ... we're going to eat a lot of points. In those games we need an offense that can and will burst forth and score a bunch of points. If our offense isn't able to do that ... we're simply never going to be a Super Bowl contender.

Ryan Fitzpatrick can lose any game in which he plays. But, he definitely has that X-factor of playing absolutely out of his mind and winning games we have no right winning. Tua needs to find that ability inside himself. As a rehabbing rookie ... he didn't really have it. His games against Kyler Murray and Arizona and against Patrick Mahomes and d Kansas City were very good starts ... but he needs to show more. There are games where we're going to need him to be the answer ... not a lot of games, but there will be games. In the playoffs, they will come more often than during the regular season. Look, Fitzmagic doesn't have a cannon of an arm, so THAT'S not the limiter. Tua can drop the ball into the bucket on deep routes. He can hit the spot a defense cannot defend on the deep outs. Tua needs to work on those intermediate throws ... a lot.

Either Tua will become the answer for us--and I believe he can--or we need to find someone who can. Today's NFL requires offenses that can do more than manage games the defense has won. We're not going to have a top 5 pick in the foreseeable future, so either we pull the trigger on a QB (trading for Watson, trading up for Lawrence, or drafting Wilson at #3), or we invest in Tua and surround him with talent. Get him a true #1 WR with the #3 overall pick--someone like Ja'Marr Chase. Or, find a guy in rounds 1 or 2 who can be a true #1, and there are a lot of WR's in that tier this year as most years. Will Justyn Ross be healthy? He's an awesome receiver if he is. He might be worth a gamble on his health. Then, we need to improve the OL, which means drafting 1 or 2 OL every year. We need to find a stable of RB's that are effective. And then, let those guys grow with Tua. At that point ... either Tua sinks or swims. No offense is EVER perfect. No pocket is ALWAYS clean. No team has a solid run game FOREVER. No offense can stay healthy PERMANENTLY. Tua needs to become the guy who makes players around him better ... not a player who can manage a perfect situation. He had a good rookie season, despite being overshadowed by better performances from Herbert and Burrow. But hey, the Packers look great today, with an MVP QB in Aaron Rodgers, and they drafted a 1st round QB too ... Jordan Love, who many people (not me) absolutely raved about. I think it's fair to say that today they wish they had drafted Tee Higgins instead, and maybe he could help bring a Super Bowl ring or two to Wisconsin.

Tua succeeds or fails, but it is how Tua does that will determine how we view Chris Grier's decision at #3. If Tua goes on to become the next Drew Brees, the #3 will be about surrounding him with talent. If Tua becomes an average QB and this team never wins a Super Bowl ... everyone will look back and say we didn't take our chances in the draft. Just how it goes. The AFC is loaded these days ... and to compete, we need to be exceptional.

When we look at our games against the top teams in the AFC, we notice that it is our offense that needs to bring it, even moreso than our defense. It is clear that our defense cannot carry the game every week. Some weeks they're going to go up against an offensive buzz saw, and they may produced takeaways, and a few timely stops ... but when an offense is hitting on all cylinders and our tricks don't work against them ... we're going to eat a lot of points. In those games we need an offense that can and will burst forth and score a bunch of points. If our offense isn't able to do that ... we're simply never going to be a Super Bowl contender.

Ryan Fitzpatrick can lose any game in which he plays. But, he definitely has that X-factor of playing absolutely out of his mind and winning games we have no right winning. Tua needs to find that ability inside himself. As a rehabbing rookie ... he didn't really have it. His games against Kyler Murray and Arizona and against Patrick Mahomes and d Kansas City were very good starts ... but he needs to show more. There are games where we're going to need him to be the answer ... not a lot of games, but there will be games. In the playoffs, they will come more often than during the regular season. Look, Fitzmagic doesn't have a cannon of an arm, so THAT'S not the limiter. Tua can drop the ball into the bucket on deep routes. He can hit the spot a defense cannot defend on the deep outs. Tua needs to work on those intermediate throws ... a lot.

Either Tua will become the answer for us--and I believe he can--or we need to find someone who can. Today's NFL requires offenses that can do more than manage games the defense has won. We're not going to have a top 5 pick in the foreseeable future, so either we pull the trigger on a QB (trading for Watson, trading up for Lawrence, or drafting Wilson at #3), or we invest in Tua and surround him with talent. Get him a true #1 WR with the #3 overall pick--someone like Ja'Marr Chase. Or, find a guy in rounds 1 or 2 who can be a true #1, and there are a lot of WR's in that tier this year as most years. Will Justyn Ross be healthy? He's an awesome receiver if he is. He might be worth a gamble on his health. Then, we need to improve the OL, which means drafting 1 or 2 OL every year. We need to find a stable of RB's that are effective. And then, let those guys grow with Tua. At that point ... either Tua sinks or swims. No offense is EVER perfect. No pocket is ALWAYS clean. No team has a solid run game FOREVER. No offense can stay healthy PERMANENTLY. Tua needs to become the guy who makes players around him better ... not a player who can manage a perfect situation. He had a good rookie season, despite being overshadowed by better performances from Herbert and Burrow. But hey, the Packers look great today, with an MVP QB in Aaron Rodgers, and they drafted a 1st round QB too ... Jordan Love, who many people (not me) absolutely raved about. I think it's fair to say that today they wish they had drafted Tee Higgins instead, and maybe he could help bring a Super Bowl ring or two to Wisconsin.

Tua succeeds or fails, but

. If Tua goes on to become the next Drew Brees, the #3 will be about surrounding him with talent. If Tua becomes an average QB and this team never wins a Super Bowl ... everyone will look back and say we didn't take our chances in the draft. Just how it goes. The AFC is loaded these days ... and to compete, we need to be exceptional.

Grier didn't make that decision

1- Mahomes - Elite
2- Rodgers - Elite
3 - Watson - Elite
4 - Wilson - Elite
5 - Allen - almost there

You forgot Tua though? lol

Miami better be making moves with beating teams like Kansas City Buffalo and Baltimore in mind this off-season

1- Mahomes - Elite
2- Rodgers - Elite
3 - Watson - Elite
4 - Wilson - Elite
5 - Allen - almost there

I’d swap Allen & Watson, but otherwise I agree.

Those in league circles apparently see Allen as 1 or 2.

Back
Top Bottom