Miami fans are quickest to jump to conclusions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami fans are quickest to jump to conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the miami fans do have a right to be skeptical of who we hire and who we dont, I mean for the past 15 years we have not had a losing record, now i cant think of many teams that can say that about themselves, but over the past 15 years how many playoff games have we won........not many, and how many superbowl apperances have we had ZERO. Im sure some people agree with me that we know our dolphins our contenders every year but were tired of us just being contenders, i think we are anxious to finally see the dolphins back in the superbowl and win it.

Hey I am not saying we suck. You won't ever finding me saying it.

I am frsutrated and I am entitled to post my opinions. That's why this is a Team forum and not a kiss a$$ forum.

I love the Fins and I have been committed to them for over thirty years. However, I get tired of seeing teams like New England, Tampa Bay, etc. hold up that trophy. I get more tired of not even contending.

How can you be happy that we have missed the playoffs for two years in a row? How can you be happy that we have gotten embarrassed the times before that that we did make it? How can you be happy that we watched Marino sacrifice his career with no ring? How can you be happy that we are on the verge of watching Zach, Madison, Taylor etc lose a whole career without even a chance to compete for a ring?

What a shame it would be to have Ricky play his career with no ring.

Because we want to win means we ARE real fans. We just aren't homers who suck up to the team and celebrate everything they do. You must like having other fans taunt us because we are famous for our "late season collapse". The media even jokes aboput us because we can't win. We are the most famous underachievers in the NFL.

Face it, this whole game happens for one reason, to win. We deserve it, the city of Miami deserves it, and its time the team did what it needs to deliver it. They colect our money by the thousands of dollars for tickets, memorabilia, etc, They need to give us a team that challenges for the title every ten years or so at least. But thirty years??? Not good enough.

You want to look be a Homer? Go ahead. But we are equally entitled to want to win.

Originally posted by dolfan34
I think the miami fans do have a right to be skeptical of who we hire and who we dont, I mean for the past 15 years we have not had a losing record, now i cant think of many teams that can say that about themselves, but over the past 15 years how many playoff games have we won........not many, and how many superbowl apperances have we had ZERO. Im sure some people agree with me that we know our dolphins our contenders every year but were tired of us just being contenders, i think we are anxious to finally see the dolphins back in the superbowl and win it.

I think you are right in feeling that way. My b!tch is these people that are saying this organization "SUCKS". We all want the same thing but it gall's me to read how bad the Dolphins suck. That just ain't true.

Northeast Fl. covers a large area. What part are you hold up in?

I live in Pensacola Florida, Its near tampa, and i cant begin to tell yall how much crap i had to take last year from all the BUC fans when they won the superbowl, But maybe Next year i will be able to celebrate.

I live in Pensacola Florida, Its near tampa, and i cant begin to tell yall how much crap i had to take last year from all the BUC fans when they won the superbowl, But maybe Next year i will be able to celebrate.

Great case and point. You harvest "Great fans" by rewarding them with success. Miami fans deserve better than being the butt of everyone's jokes.

Originally posted by fin-atic

Great case and point. You harvest "Great fans" by rewarding them with success. Miami fans deserve better than being the butt of everyone's jokes.

Other teams' fans and the media ragging the Dolphins doesn't bother me in the least. Its ignorant. Do they run the team? Do they pick who my favorite team is? Simple fact is those other teams' fans know that Miami is the winningest team in history, and they take every opportunity to dog us out because they're jealous and have high expectations for the Dolphins too...do Bengals fans catch the crap we do? I bet they don't. Because Miami is such a storied team and could be a SB contender almost any given year pisses them off...well...phuck 'em ALL! ESPECIALLY the media.

I'm with that other poster in that I wouldn't trade their winning % for 1 SB ring. Would some of the players? Probably. Don't matter to me. Do I want to see them win another SB? OMG HELL YES!!!! Who don't? I just choose not to criticize things that I have no solution to or control of. Do any of us have the solution? If so, what the hell are you doing posting on this board and not winning SBs?

I'm not saying I think other fans are lesser fans because they criticize...that's their choice...but I'm one of those fans that will support whatever they do, because I believe they make the moves they make in the name of trying to improve the team and winning. That's good enough. Does that make me a "homer?"

I could give a damn...........

Originally posted by fin-atic
Hey I am not saying we suck. You won't ever finding me saying it.

I am frsutrated and I am entitled to post my opinions. That's why this is a Team forum and not a kiss a$$ forum.

I love the Fins and I have been committed to them for over thirty years. However, I get tired of seeing teams like New England, Tampa Bay, etc. hold up that trophy. I get more tired of not even contending.

How can you be happy that we have missed the playoffs for two years in a row? How can you be happy that we have gotten embarrassed the times before that that we did make it? How can you be happy that we watched Marino sacrifice his career with no ring? How can you be happy that we are on the verge of watching Zach, Madison, Taylor etc lose a whole career without even a chance to compete for a ring?

What a shame it would be to have Ricky play his career with no ring.

Because we want to win means we ARE real fans. We just aren't homers who suck up to the team and celebrate everything they do. You must like having other fans taunt us because we are famous for our "late season collapse". The media even jokes aboput us because we can't win. We are the most famous underachievers in the NFL.

Face it, this whole game happens for one reason, to win. We deserve it, the city of Miami deserves it, and its time the team did what it needs to deliver it. They colect our money by the thousands of dollars for tickets, memorabilia, etc, They need to give us a team that challenges for the title every ten years or so at least. But thirty years??? Not good enough.

You want to look be a Homer? Go ahead. But we are equally entitled to want to win.

Well if your talking to me, let me throw my dart.

Perhaps you should change your name from "fin-atic to "fin-critic".

The point to my reply was this TEAM this ORGANIZATION does not SUCK.

I have no idea if you have even made those accusations, infact I don't know if you were talking to me...because you didn't include a quote in your reply.

You don't want this team to win anymore than I do! As far as you being a Fin Fan for over 30years, I doubt you can claim any seniority over me. I've been with them from day one Bro.

I'll say this. The Miami Dolphins are the most despised franchise of the NFL just because of their incredible history. Everyone takes pride in beating us because they understand that when they do...they have done something worth doing. The Dolphins ain't no JOKE. We are a victim of our own success!

Where did I ever say that I was happy that we aren't in the playoffs? Yea...that SUCKS but it ain't the end of the world either.

Another thing! I don't give a flying **** what other teams and their fans or media have to say about us while they are 61% of the time looking up at us from the celler.

1966-2003 overall wins and loses 349-223-4 for .606%

Post season: 20-19 for 513%

As a fan I'm damn proud of that! Infact we are the only ones in all professional sports to maintain such a high degree of excellence.

Go ahead and kick in "1" undefeated season with the other SB wins and appearences.

My response to this post was to those who diss this team pal. You replied... I think to my post, so I quess you classify yourself as disser. I'm sure you will find yourself in the minority though.

HOMER??? Hell no! I'm no homer. I'm just a realist that has what I think is a pretty good grasp of WHY we are not getting into the playoffs and further.

We are a victim of our own success. We have reached the point of diminshing returns. Can't get the quality draft picks due to always being in contention. Since the advent of the free agency and salary cap the team is constantly fighting to stay in compliance. With the deck stacked against us due to our storied success we still are year in and year out the team to beat in the AFCE. I think that is a huge success. It's the mark of a true winner! Are you willing to see this team take a dive to the celler for a few years so we can reach that coveted Superbowl, or would you rather see them continue to FIGHT and do it and maintain their mark of excellence? That's the way I would like to see it accomplished.

If you weren't replying to my post,disreguard all of the above.

Hello!! lol...Dude.. Pensacola is a hell of a long ways from Tampa, unless there is another one I don't know about.

The Pensacola, I'm familiar with, you can stand flat footed and see Alabama. Your looking at close to 500 miles between the two cities.

I'm not one to argue...but I don't consider that close.:D

Yeah i know i was just saying it that so that people knew that it was up around jacksonville and tampa area for those who dont know where pensacola is, but it isnt a really long way away.

Yeah i know i was just saying it that so that people knew that it was up around jacksonville and tampa area for those who dont know where pensacola is, but it isnt a really long way away.

:roflmao:

Tampa's close to Jacksonville? :)

:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
where is all this "trading 30 years of history for a SB ring" talk coming from? i don't want to trade anything. i just want to win a damn superbowl already. or at least make an appearance. even to the AFC championship game. anything. regardless of your history, missing the playoffs is heartbreaking.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
where is all this "trading 30 years of history for a SB ring" talk coming from? i don't want to trade anything. i just want to win a damn superbowl already. or at least make an appearance. even to the AFC championship game. anything. regardless of your history, missing the playoffs is heartbreaking.

Agreed. Bring it on!

But I promise one thing...if we were to get to the AFCC game next year and lose, there's still gonna be a ton of people who say we "suck" because we didn't win the SB.

Tampa is closer to Cuba than Jax is to Pensicola.

How old a feller are ya? I don't know what you do for a living but I hope it's not anything to do with Rand McNally "That's the road map people".

Anyway... if these disdances indeed don't seem to be that great to ya, you may have a great future in long distance truck driving.
:D

Good luck!

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan

Tex...I didn't think I was alone in my thinking.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom