Miami fans are quickest to jump to conclusions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami fans are quickest to jump to conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Agreed. Bring it on!

But I promise one thing...if we were to get to the AFCC game next year and lose, there's still gonna be a ton of people who say we "suck" because we didn't win the SB.

yes, but i wouldn't complain AS much... at least we'd be on an upward slope - we made it into the playoffs to the AFC Championship game.... that is a damn proud accomplishment. i would be satisfied. i would still want a SB but i would also have some satisfaction.

...unlike this year, where we were like "..... eh....."

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan

yes, but i wouldn't complain AS much... at least we'd be on an upward slope - we made it into the playoffs to the AFC Championship game.... that is a damn proud accomplishment. i would be satisfied. i would still want a SB but i would also have some satisfaction.

...unlike this year, where we were like "..... eh....."

:up:

Yes I am tired of the Dolphins not winning the SB. Yes I am Tired of teams like Carolina Raven Rams New England Raiders teams like that for years they were way worse than us while we pile up the same records stay the same. Carolina year for last 1-15 this year to the SB. Ravens Worse than us then win the SB New England same record with us every year win a SB an going to another Rams one of the worst records in the league for years wins a SB while the Dolphins stay the same. Raiders have not such a good record for 15 years go to the SB the Dolphins stay the same that is fustrating I will agree.

But the fact is I am ready to watch the dolphins more than any sport because I know they have a chance of them winning I really enjoy watching the dolphins play an I do stay positive that they will win a SB. Every year I feel that the dolphins can play against any team a beat them.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

We have had the luxury to watch one of the winningest team in the NFL.

You know what is interesting? WE as Miami fans MADE that a luxury because we basically have nothing else to hold onto. To other fans, it really doesn't mean a thing.
It is our crutch to support us and make us feel good. But you know what, I'd rather Miami win a super bowl in my lifetime rather than endure through this "achievement" year in and out.

Originally posted by Superself

You know what is interesting? WE as Miami fans MADE that a luxury because we basically have nothing else to hold onto. To other fans, it really doesn't mean a thing.
It is our crutch to support us and make us feel good. But you know what, I'd rather Miami win a super bowl in my lifetime rather than endure through this "achievement" year in and out.

BINGO!
Well said. Be careful Self, you are going to be accused of not being a "real fan"!:lol: :lol:

Hey, we ALL love the Fins. Because we think the team makes some bone head moves (Fiedler? Wanstedt? Eddir Moore?l) doesn't mean we think they suck. I promise every Sunday of the season we are lined up in full gear and screaming our heads off for the team as hard as anyone. We just think its time this organization made some moves that were celebrated, not controversial and questionable. We need a few hoemruns like Ricky was, not high risk hopefuls like Sammy Knight and Jamar Fletcher were. I swear we are just glutons for that "potential with risk" kind of decsion. invariably the promise is never delivered.

We want to see this team get a good QB, plug that leaky offensive line and make the kind of plays that will put us at LEAST in the running in December and not sitting at home watching 6 or 8 teams we know that we are more talented than in the playoffs.

Really? What would you trade? How many losing seasons would you SILENTLY endure to get the SB victory you 'deserve'?

Originally posted by fin-atic

BINGO!
Well said. Be careful Self, you are going to be accused of not being a "real fan"!:lol: :lol:

Actually you were accused of being a whiner...

Which you seem intent on proving.

How can you be happy that we have missed the playoffs for two years in a row? How can you be happy that we have gotten embarrassed the times before that that we did make it? How can you be happy that we watched Marino sacrifice his career with no ring? How can you be happy that we are on the verge of watching Zach, Madison, Taylor etc lose a whole career without even a chance to compete for a ring?

Find me one post where anyone wrote that they were happy about any of those things.

Because we want to win means we ARE real fans. We just aren't homers who suck up to the team and celebrate everything they do. You must like having other fans taunt us because we are famous for our "late season collapse". The media even jokes aboput us because we can't win. We are the most famous underachievers in the NFL.

Where has anyone written that they don't want the Fins to win the SB?

Dude, the only way to 'suck up' to the team is to purchase their tickets and goods. You seem to be the type that is rewarding the team for what you call 'their underachieving'.

Whining on this forum will not, under any circumstances influence the team's decisions, or their performance. Nor will not whining on this forum hurt the team's chances.

If you want to have an impact, stop buying tickets, jerseys, shirts, etc., etc. Become of fan of a team that is deserving of your support.

You worry way to much about what the media and fans of other teams say.

Face it, this whole game happens for one reason, to win. We deserve it, the city of Miami deserves it, and its time the team did what it needs to deliver it. They colect our money by the thousands of dollars for tickets, memorabilia, etc, They need to give us a team that challenges for the title every ten years or so at least. But thirty years??? Not good enough.

If all teams are trying equally hard to win and are rewarded for their success, once every 32 years would be about right.

BINGO!

Hey, we ALL love the Fins. Because we think the team makes some bone head moves (Fiedler? Wanstedt? Eddir Moore?l) doesn't mean we think they suck. I promise every Sunday of the season we are lined up in full gear and screaming our heads off for the team as hard as anyone. We just think its time this organization made some moves that were celebrated, not controversial and questionable. We need a few hoemruns like Ricky was, not high risk hopefuls like Sammy Knight and Jamar Fletcher were. I swear we are just glutons for that "potential with risk" kind of decsion. invariably the promise is never delivered.

We want to see this team get a good QB, plug that leaky offensive line and make the kind of plays that will put us at LEAST in the running in December and not sitting at home watching 6 or 8 teams we know that we are more talented than in the playoffs.

I totally see what you're saying...but what indications do we have that the offense/QB will NOT be a focus this off-season? I haven't seen anything to support that.

As soon as they announced Spielman as the GM and Marino as the HOFO, all the ney-sayers were there talking about, "its only window dressing....nothing has changed....nothing will ever change...here comes another 3 years of missing the playoffs." I submit that this is not the case. Look what has transpired since, and what's to come.

I dunno...some fans get called "homers" because they see the positives as outweighing the negatives....not because its blind faith. Are there negatives to the decisions that have been made? Yes. Are there positives as well? More so imo.

I say again....I just choose to be optimistic. I guess I just can't understand how people single out the negatives and hang on that. Either way....everybody's opinion is their own, I'm just trying to offer a little of my own perspective.

Made it a "LUXURY!!!!!":lol: because we had nothing else to hold on to!!:lol: Cry me a river!

The underachieving MIAMI DOLPHINS..for the past 38 yrs....have deprived a certian portion of its fan base by giving them THIS!!!

1966 - Present: Miami Dolphins

Reg. Season Conf. Playoffs
Year Location W L T Pct. Pos. W L Pct.
1969 Miami 3 10 1 0.231 (5th)
1970 Miami 10 4 0 0.714 (2nd) 0 1 0.00
1971 Miami 10 3 1 0.769 (1st) 2 1 0.67
1972 Miami 14 0 0 1.000 (1st) 3 0 1.00
1973 Miami 12 2 0 0.857 (1st) 3 0 1.00
1974 Miami 11 3 0 0.786 (1st) 0 1 0.00
1975 Miami 10 4 0 0.714 (2nd)
1976 Miami 6 8 0 0.429 (3rd)
1977 Miami 10 4 0 0.714 (2nd)
1978 Miami 11 5 0 0.688 (2nd) 0 1 0.00
1979 Miami 10 6 0 0.625 (1st) 0 1 0.00
1980 Miami 8 8 0 0.500 (3rd)
1981 Miami 11 4 1 0.719 (1st) 0 1 0.00
1982 Miami 7 2 0 0.778 (1st) 3 1 0.75
1983 Miami 12 4 0 0.750 (1st) 0 1 0.00
1984 Miami 14 2 0 0.875 (1st) 2 1 0.67
1985 Miami 12 4 0 0.750 (1st) 1 1 0.50
1986 Miami 8 8 0 0.500 (3rd)
1987 Miami 8 7 0 0.533 (3rd)
1988 Miami 6 10 0 0.375 (5th)
1989 Miami 8 8 0 0.500 (3rd)
1990 Miami 12 4 0 0.750 (2nd) 1 1 0.50
1991 Miami 8 8 0 0.500 (3rd)
1992 Miami 11 5 0 0.688 (1st) 1 1 0.50
1993 Miami 9 7 0 0.563 (2nd)
1994 Miami 10 6 0 0.625 (1st) 1 1 0.50
1995 Miami 9 7 0 0.563 (3rd) 0 1 0.00
1996 Miami 8 8 0 0.500 (4th)
1997 Miami 9 7 0 0.563 (2nd) 0 1 0.00
1998 Miami 10 6 0 0.625 (2nd) 1 1 0.50
1999 Miami 9 7 0 0.563 (3rd) 1 1 0.50
2000 Miami 11 5 0 0.688 (1st) 1 1 0.50
2001 Miami 11 5 0 0.688 (2nd) 0 1 0.00
2002 Miami 9 7 0 0.563 (3rd)
2003 Miami 10 6 0 0.625 (2nd)

Overall Regular Season Record: 349-223-4 (0.606)
Overall Post Season Record: 20-19 (0.513)

You're claiming this HISTORY is merely a "CRUTCH" a "SWEET TIT"??? Offered up by the Dolphins organization to pacify its fan base til they win another championship?

All I'm seeing here is WHINING.

The question has been posed: Should a REAL FAN expect/demand anything less than a championship from their team?

ANSWER: Only if you are a REAL SPOILDED FAN.

BUT....Here's hoping your demands come to pass, and a championship comes soon. Really, who doesn't want that?

As for me...I'll enjoy them anyway I can get em, win or lose... I'm proud to be a Dolphan!

Originally posted by themole

Made it a "LUXURY!!!!!":lol: because we had nothing else to hold on to!!:lol: Cry me a river!

The underachieving MIAMI DOLPHINS..for the past 38 yrs....have deprived a certian portion of its fan base by giving them THIS!!!

You're claiming this HISTORY is merely a "CRUTCH" a "SWEET TIT"??? Offered up by the Dolphins organization to pacify its fan base til they win another championship?

All I'm seeing here is WHINING.

The question has been posed: Should a REAL FAN expect/demand anything less than a championship from their team?

ANSWER: Only if you are a REAL SPOILDED FAN.

BUT....Here's hoping your demands come to pass, and a championship comes soon. Really, who doesn't want that?

As for me...I'll enjoy them anyway I can get em, win or lose... I'm proud to be a Dolphan!

LOL. That is the wrong answer!

So you could care less whether Miami wins a Superbowl? You don't have friends you talk trash to every year about how Miami is going all the way?
You don't cringe when December rolls around and we underachieve?
This is a "what have you done lately" world. Miami has not done JACK lately. We may be better than the bottom 10 and that may make you feel good. But the measurement stick (to me) is a super bowl win for my team.
I don't take it personal though.

Mole, you old fool, didn't you realize this is all about smack ammunition???;)

LOL. That is the wrong answer!

So you could care less whether Miami wins a Superbowl? You don't have friends you talk trash to every year about how Miami is going all the way?
You don't cringe when December rolls around and we underachieve?
This is a "what have you done lately" world. Miami has not done JACK lately. We may be better than the bottom 10 and that may make you feel good. But the measurement stick (to me) is a super bowl win for my team.
I don't take it personal though.

I will answer these questions from bottom to top.

Being better than the bottom 10 does make me feel good, not only that but proud.

We all want our team to win the superbowl, by being a Miami fan we have come to "expect" great things from this team and by god, they "the organization" have done their best to do that with the best talent they could afford.
If there was no salary cap, who do you think the dominate teams in the NFL would be? The answer of course is the most wealthy. The Dolphins are in the top 3 in this catagory also. With no Cap ramifications the dolphins could buy whatever player they deemed necessary to camp out in superbowl heaven for ever.
Remember 'dynasties"? The NFL has seen fit to level the playing field against the more successful teams by instituting salary cap. Yea..I like the product they "Dolphins"have given me and the way they have gone about it.

Concerning the "What have you done for me today?" world. I DESPISE that attitude and will spit in the face of those who push it on me! I'm an ole southern redneck country boy that was raised to a different set of values than that.

Here's where I'm the luckiest of all. I live in a small Nth Florida football oriented town that has produced two pretty good players for the NFl in John l Williams seahawks/ steelers and Jarvis Williams Dolphins/giants and a few others that didn't make such a big splash in the NFL.
The Jags are only an hour away but what NFL team do you see most represented in my town? Miami Dolphins.

I see the specialized license tags on many cars and trucks including mine. Kids and adults wearing their Dolphins jackets, not a day goes by that you don't see something Dolphins related in this town. That's "PRIDE" and team spirit it runs deep! Remember the Phins/Jags game this year? We had more fans in the stadium than the Jags! That's because Jax was a HUGE Phins town before they got the Jags.

This rambling was to answer your question about friends dissing the Dolphins for not making the playoffs :eek: That's a mighty good way to get your *** beat in these parts.

How would you like to come down and meet some of us? See what it's like to truly live in Dolphin nation.:D

December has come and gone, the Phins were 10-6, I was disappointed, American men and women are being killed in Iraq daily, football's a game, it's all about perspective. peace

Originally posted by inFINSible
Mole, you old fool, didn't you realize this is all about smack ammunition???;)

What's up... HitachiHo?:D

I'm well aware of what it's about.

Smack ammunition!!! Who's smacken? Jills, jets, other nfl peons? "Pats... they earned it".

I view it like I would a Chihuahua "which should be spelled" "chiwawa" smacken a pit bull... what's it's point?:evil:

Only the weak.. would cut and run or take seriously... smack from an inferior.

But on the other hand..Smack from within...now that's cause for concern.

A treasonous offense!

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

Actually you were accused of being a whiner...

Which you seem intent on proving.

[Mod edit: expletive deleted. It's a rule, fin-atic. You know this.] I am just not an a$$ kisser. I tell it like it is and "you can't handle the truth"

Ask Marino if he would trade all of those "winning seasons" for a ring.

you guys are so use to losing you forgot what really winning is about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom