Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

Its all nonsense until it happens. I have no problem drafting the qb with the greatest season in college football history, but this could also be a move to drive tuas value down or make people forget about love/herbert.

Had we addressed the Tackle position in free agency I would think trading all our 1st for Burrow would be ok. But we currently have 0 starting Tackles. We need to draft at least 1 in the 1st round or any QB we bring in will look awful.

That price would be through the roof.

Basically cinci telling you “all your picks are mine”

Odds cinci trades out when it needs a qb...basically nil
Why, they would have enough draft capital to get back into pick two or three for Tua or Herbert. It would be genius on their part.

Well... what's the price?

I haven't given any thought to BURROWS due to the Cincinnati owner never trading picks.

IMO, the top 2 QBs are BURROWS & TUA, then a good deal of distance between the next tier.

When I'm looking at college QBs & try to project to the future, my go to is how they play against top defenses & how they respond to pressure. So under this criteria, I'm going with BURROWS as #1 & TUA @ #2.

Now the question is BURROWS (along with his advanced age & smallish hands) PLUS significant draft resources?
or
TUA (along with his injuries, not being the quickest or fastest & the fact he didn't play as well as BURROWS against top common opponents) PLUS probably having to give up draft assets also.

I like BURROWS more, but at what cost? :ponder:

Guys, Armando has been excommunicated. He knows absolutely nothing of the inner FO.
What I believe is FloCo is using Armando as thier lil bitch rumor spreader.

I somewhat agree. I do believe he knows nothing from Flo or Grier. However, he's around enough people down there that he will get bits and pieces. So, I think he is hearing things and then putting some things together. Granted, he very well could be getting bits and pieces they want him to have so he sends out signals that Miami isn't interested in Tua to keep a team from moving up in front of them.

All that being said, if Burrow is they guy they want, then do what you can to go up and get him. If they can't then make sure they get option 2.

TO get to #1 (worth 3000) we would have to give up #5 (obviously) worth 1700. Assuming the Texans are going to be a top ten team without Hopkins, I'm assuming they have the #8 pick next year which is worth 1400 but might be viewed as less as it's next year. Let's say they agree that the Texans 1st rounder next year is worth 900 we're at 2600. Then add in the #26 this year which is 700 and you're there.

IF Flo-Grier think Burrow is the guy, I'm cool with that and we still have #13 picks this year including #18. We only have one 1st rounder next year but I'm cool with it.

TO get to #1 (worth 3000) we would have to give up #5 (obviously) worth 1700. Assuming the Texans are going to be a top ten team without Hopkins, I'm assuming they have the #8 pick next year which is worth 1400 but might be viewed as less as it's next year. Let's say they agree that the Texans 1st rounder next year is worth 900 we're at 2600. Then add in the #26 this year which is 700 and you're there.

IF Flo-Grier think Burrow is the guy, I'm cool with that and we still have #13 picks this year including #18. We only have one 1st rounder next year but I'm cool with it.
The Bengals owner will not go by the chart. Hes a stubborn, cheap old goat. If we want Burrow it's at least 4 1st rounders. All 3 this year and 1 next year. Or 2 this year and 2 next year with the #5 being included in both deals.

I somewhat agree. I do believe he knows nothing from Flo or Grier. However, he's around enough people down there that he will get bits and pieces. So, I think he is hearing things and then putting some things together. Granted, he very well could be getting bits and pieces they want him to have so he sends out signals that Miami isn't interested in Tua to keep a team from moving up in front of them.

All that being said, if Burrow is they guy they want, then do what you can to go up and get him. If they can't then make sure they get option 2.

Here is my problem. That philosophy isn't reserved for any team's top pick, but, if it's that good an idea, for ANY pick of ANY team.
Thus, if "do what you can to go up and get him" is such a great idea, why not do it for the next pick. Thus, give up all 3 R1 picks and the '21 R1 pick (I made that up) to get Burrow. But, the next guy the love is the best OT. OK, now "do what you can to go up and get him, thus, give up all R2 and R3 picks and next year's R2 pick to get him. The next guy they love? Rinse/epeat.

No, bad idea. There is a limit to what a team will give up to get the guy they love (sans Ditka). Miami may explore a move to #1, but I doubt they'll pay an extortionate price.

Back
Top Bottom